• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Ligue 1 2008/2009

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So nobody watches the French league huh?
Im watching PSG now and I didn't realize how many new players they got. From first glance I see Kezman and Guily.

Also, Makelele apparently has a pop song out which is doing very well in Belgium. Its called "do the makalele" to the tune of "dude looks like a lady".
Youtube it if your interested.

DREVAK

Established Member
I watched a bit of that match, liked the tempo and energy but was kind of tired so I didn't watch all of it. And yeah, I was surprised to see Kezman out there! I knew about Giuly but completely missed Kezman's loan. Also noticed what looked like Makelele and Thuram in the stands, strange to think that the two French veterans are both over 35, isn't it.

I do confess I don't watch a lot of the French league. Not sure why. Maybe, for me, it's missing something. That short description, that special thing about the league that intrigues you. Like the Spanish league is technical and entertaining, Serie A is boring and defensive, Premier League is ruined by the foreigners... oh wait, erm, you get the idea.

Kind of like Bundesliga. Both are very decent leagues, have got a top team or two or three and a few big names, but there is nothing that would grab me and make me want to watch and enjoy it as often as possible. Something both La Liga and English football do have. At least from my viewpoint. But I guess that's just me.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeh, the game did start at a good tempo- but in the end 1-0 to PSG. Nantes never looked like scoring and had a couple half chances at best.

I agree with you there though drevak, The french league is missing that x-factor. Theres very little competition, and it could use a cuple more superstar names to attract ore attention.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Klasnic scored two goals at home against Lyon in Nantes victory 2-1.
He came on in 59th min and scored for 1-1 in 60th.
His first goals for Nantes as well, really happy for him!
After being so close to writing one of most beautiful stories in football recovery when he scored against Turkey on EURO, he struggled in his new team and opened his scoring accout against best possible opponent.

Proof

Established Member
The former Ballon d'Or winner, Jean Pierre-Papin returns to football as a player. He signed with the amateurs team, AS Fracture Biganos Boien which at the moment is in a lower league in France, named Liga Aquitaine.

stiiphunn

Established Member
There's a lot of activity in here :)

You guys should check out Gourcuff's goal against PSG. It was brilliant technically.

Bordeaux are leading 3-0 against PSG at the moment.

JazzG

Established Member
****ing hell just seen that goal, what a bit of skill and close control and a lovely finish.

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dI0--mM7Ue4&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dI0--mM7Ue4&</a>

nazo

Established Member
And that's why i like the guy. Quite a special kid eh? He reminds me of Zidane so much

DaGunners

Established Member
bluenaz said:
And that's why i like the guy. Quite a special kid eh? He reminds me of Zidane so much
Closest thing I have evr seen to Zizou. Whoever gets him will have a special talent on their hands. Would be a great fit for either of Zidane's old clubs, Juve or Madrid...

nazo

Established Member
He's still AC Milan's player actually. We've been interested in him for the past few years. I would love it if we signed him.

DaGunners

Established Member
As replacement for Cesc? He wont come here to play behind the striker and wouldn't be effective on the wing...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Talking about him, how's Gouffran now? He is in the same club right?

DaGunners

Established Member
GouFFRAN has been a big disappointment since his move to Bordeaux IMO. Gourcuff has been in great form pretty much the whole season...

Jameel46

Established Member
It was close for Lyon last season (compared to previous seasons) but it looks like it's going to be closer this season. If they do once again win it then it'll be their 8th title in a row and 8th in total which would make them joint 2nd with Marseille and Nantes in the all time winners list.

number_0

Established Member
FFS thats video is all over A-M now, the gourcuff goal, kinda makes me feel silly creating the Gourcuff thread now.

How is ben Arfa doing anyway, I hear hes quite a disspointment but he is still delivering..

Jameel46

Established Member
Wiltord goes to Marseille
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/1109/marseille/2009/01/15/1062505/official-sylvain-wiltord-completes-marseille-switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/1109/marsei ... lle-switch</a>

Wiltord becomes their 2nd attacking signing after Brandao (from Shakhtar Donetsk). they're in 4th place but only 4 points off, hopefully they finally win it again.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gignac looks good as well. But why replace Ade? If ade leave he will leave for a big fee and we can get soemone like Gomez

Latest posts

Top Bottom