Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães | LaVoix du Nord: Gabriel has chosen to join Arsenal

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevi, Feb 24, 2020.

1. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Sokratis was washed. Point taken on Mustafi. In fairness, Gabriel looked pretty sturdy in Spain before we ruined him as well.

2. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

The 4 players you mentioned all cost huge amounts. All signed relatively recently. We dont have 60-80m to throw on a centre half. Personally i still think we spent the Pepe money foolishly and went for an opportunist signing.

72m could have potentially bought a top CB and a young winger. I think it is much easier to find a winger who will do a half decent job than a top centre half. And we blew the load on the wrong position.

Sebastes and GDeep™ like this.
  3. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Riou likes this.
  4. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

Either Chelsea, United or us... Although if its true that we've offered a contract to Sarr I'm not sure.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Everton seriously want him i don't think we are even interested

6. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

This can't be right, all the English clubs have names.

Steev10, DanDare, NieThePiet and 15 others like this.
  7. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

True, apart from that one, you know the one with the crest and the kits, play their home games at a stadium, you know the one I mean.

samshere and sdotzdot like this.
  8. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Chelsea and especially Arsenal have to shift centre backs before they bring anyone in. Liverpool are set at centre back and City/United have Laporte/Magiure to play LCB. So I reckon its Sp**s.

Vertonghen is going, so there is a gap for a left footed centre back in their squad. Mourinho is also pals with Campos and he seems the type of CB he would go for.

Hopefully it's us though, on paper he is the best option for the team.

9. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

If swap deals become the norm this summer we could be in a good position with the likes of Guendouzi, Lacazette and even Auba if it comes to it.

10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Interesting phrasing

Red London likes this.
  11. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Tweet is unavailable. Enlighten us?

12. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

ITKs talking in riddles these days.

AM should add a tool where you have the option to provide a source's reliability tier. Bceause some of these sources I have no idea whether they are bum level or elite.

13. American_Gooner

The club that outbid Everton for him was described as being "historically a top 4 club".

14. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

If it’s Arsenal, then ouch. But I assume it’s Chelsea. They’re just finishing off their rebuild.

15. American_Gooner

Nvm, ZRAFC got it wrong:

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  16. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

That wording doesn't eliminate any club :frustrated:

Could be United after Ole's comments.

17. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

I don't think we're in for this guy. Think it's either Everton or Sp*rs, or he'll go to Napoli.

We already bought a leftie in Mari. I think the club's long-term target is Upamecano and if a deal for him is possible they'll go for it, otherwise they'll make do with what we have for next season.

18. db10fan

db10fan Member

Don't think its Arsenal who bids as we have more pressing need at CM and also loaded at CB so I expect CM to be the marquee signing this summer. LCB will be sorted with cheapish/free signing of Mari/Sarr. IMO, with Saliba signed only if we can sell 3-4 of Sokratis/Mustafi/Holding/Chambers/Mavro then we can sign another CB.
    This is what IMO we are setting up at CB :
    RCB : Luiz-Saliba
    LCB : Mari and or Sarr/other Lefty CB
    Back up CBs : 1 or 2 of Sokratis/Mustafi/Holding/Chambers/Mavro.

19. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

That'd be ancient history.

20. American_Gooner

Top 4 is more a modern thing so I'm not sure why he would've used that in reference to them.