• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
Disappointing news if true. Thought Gabriel would make a good long term partner for Saliba. With Luiz around, you'd have thought he would have settled in well too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chelsea signing young talent when they already have talent at CB while we are stuck with their bum reject Luiz :lol:.

Finishing 8th next season.

Malky

Established Member
Chelsea signing exciting players, we're linked with a 32 year old Willian and an badly over hyped Coutinho... next season can **** off already.

Arsenal really is terrible at business. Had we been more shrewd, we would have gotten Pepe and this guy for the same exact fee since nobody was really interested in either of them last year.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
A Partey at Gabriel's house? **** social distancing!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Well its obvious that Arteta's priority is to sign a tall, ball playing, left footed LCB to partner Saliba. According to the rumours Gabriel was first choice and we approached them in January but they were unwilling to sell him then. We then got Mari as second choice on a loan with an option to buy and Mari did look decent in his two peformances.

I would have thought us signing Mari is a dead certainty but maybe our management really want Gabriel and are willing to pay over twice the amount it would take to get Mari?

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member
Well its obvious that Arteta's priority is to sign a tall, ball playing LCB to partner Saliba. According to the rumours Gabriel was first choice and we approached them in January but they were unwilling to sell him then. We then got Mari as second choice on a loan with an option to buy and Mari did look decent in his two peformances.

I would have thought us signing Mari is a dead certainty but maybe our management really want Gabriel and are willing to pay over twice the amount it would take to get Mari?
possibly both? Sokratis and Mustafi out?

TornadoTed

Established Member
I would be really happy with Gabriel, Saliba, Mari and Luiz with Chambers as 5th choice when he returns from fitness. It looks really balanced with a good spread of ages.

Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding and Mavro out would probably more than cover the cost of signing Gabriel and Mari too.

say yes

forum master baiter
Well its obvious that Arteta's priority is to sign a tall, ball playing, left footed LCB to partner Saliba. According to the rumours Gabriel was first choice and we approached them in January but they were unwilling to sell him then. We then got Mari as second choice on a loan with an option to buy and Mari did look decent in his two peformances.

Mari is cheap enough to be a backup / squad player.

Two LCBs in the squad makes sense.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Gabriel, Partey and Edouard or Jovic on loan seem like the most likely candidates for the summer. Given the circumstances I think that would be a terrific window along with Mari, Saliba and Cedric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom