• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We can't really judge them until 2/3 seasons have passed under the current structure. I think even the usual suspects know that they just live for the banter.

Its fantasy to expect every transfer to pay off but so far we can mark Tierney, Saliba, Pepe, Ceballos and Martinelli as good signings on paper.

Luiz (although I think he's been unlucky at times), Mari, Willian and Cedric are the ones that people aren't impressed with but they could all be decent options next season.

I don't really have a problem with any of the recent signings bar Mari, I don't really see the logic in that one at all, especially if Gabriel is coming in.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

https://breakingthelines.com/scouting-report/scouting-report-gabriel-magalhaes/

PgfwX783l4nPrwRwQ7_HE0SRvhdA7rnvrkYPuksJVrMsoiyuR_jOeCbt-3fHfs4nSNjtU9kNnpjhTjnbjX48e523riij8OhLjTSBTYUFt00Mjbmj5n2JQy5U4Xzc51PRwqy69lE1

LpS6cXcb4IiNAYkgB1BmZpHmp50EQXRdfdbIet7xsyKOs3qByEjcLxk5L4AClvHT-1DcsspT4B3vkUsXweIy2KqNAFCXjO9sJVVoh7Pkah16zas4fdSt2EeGgO5XtJaz_cgdr-mj
Upemacano might as well play DM wtf:lol:

For tackle/dribbled past % is a lower number better? Find it surprising that Thiago Silva is so high and Ake is so low. Maguire being dribbled past less than VVD also seems strange.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't really have a problem with any of the recent signings bar Mari, I don't really see the logic in that one at all, especially if Gabriel is coming in.
Because Sokratis Mustafi Luiz Holding all will be leaving in 1 year time we can't go to next summer buying 3 new cb we need some here and already settled

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You thought I was bad with the big **** Raul jokes before? If he pulls this off...

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I am a little bit scared of this signing but it’s only based on watching him play twice vs Ajax.

He was involved in almost all Ajax goals and in a lot of chances. Granted this is usually the case for a centreback. What stood out for me with Gabriel is how he was always looking at the bal, and not what was happening around him. He always tried to stay in the shape of the defense and keep an eye on the ball. But he never looked at the attackers around him, he was completely unaware of players around him. I don’t know if it’s because he’s used to counter attacking football and not overloads like Ajax do a lot but it worries me. I will try and find long highlights of the games to show you what I mean.
@hydrofluoric acid

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Upemacano might as well play DM wtf:lol:

For tackle/dribbled past % is a lower number better? Find it surprising that Thiago Silva is so high and Ake is so low. Maguire being dribbled past less than VVD also seems strange.

Hm no it seems it's the percentile ranking, so the higher the better. I mean personally I think it's a bit tricky to judge CB's just by stats so I wouldn't base an entire opinion of Gabriel based on this, but it's useful to show he ranks similarly to other top CB's.

A lot of it is about the intangibles, y'know, what's his motivation like, what are his ambitions, would he fit into the squad, could he be a leader, can he speak English and communicate with his teammates, can he withstand pressure and recover from mistakes.

But seems like he has all the raw materials you want in a top CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom