• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly doesn't pass the eye test, Cagigao said no and got the sack. Diego Carlos in.

Seen him against Chelsea and wasn't too impressed either. He's big strong and quick. Plays a high volume and a good level of passes over the top and in behind. Decent short range passer nothing special and very one footed.

His reading of the game, from what I've seen in small doses and according so several scouting reports I've read, leaves a bit to be desired. Has a good bit to improve there.

But he's young and has the athletic attributes so still plenty to work with there but I have some doubts.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If you click into the link tho and follow the thread theres more videos where he's quite poor for all three goals.

Yeah like I said a few pages back it was the same in the away game vs ajax, idk if he’s always like this but he seems to do nothing until ball + attacker are coming to him. I just hope these games were outliers.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I honestly wonder how anyone could question the logic of signing Gabriel.

Sure, he's had bad games, and has room for improvement, but so does every 22yo CB. Arteta can definitely improve his game.

He's exactly what we need and at this price, you're probably not going to find a better defender.

He's good enough to start for us, but we can also use this season to get him acclimated to the EPL. Luiz can start at LCB, and so can Mari, so we don't need to throw him into the deep end. Also, learning from Luiz is exactly what Gabriel needs. He's a Brazilian CB with tons of experience who has made a career of making progressive passes.

If Saliba and Gabriel form a strong partnership we could be sorted at the back for a very long time.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’ve never watched the lad play, but if we’re going to get worried about some YouTube highlights then it’s probably worth also mentioning he featured in L’Equipe’s team of the season:

EXGJ3LzWAAIBQoS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom