• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
He fits the profile we need and he’s affordable. Could we really do better than Gabriel? I don’t think so..

Snap him up!

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Every CB has had really bad games.
If you only ever watched VVD play one game- and it happened to be the game against Arsenal a few weeks back- you would think he is horrible.

Cant take away much from this
True. I think the Twitter thread is even a bit harsh. For example, for the second goal I think he closes down quite quickly, much more than Luiz or Holding would for example, but he's just too late. It's a very dynamic attack, hard to defend. For the third goal his man, the Ajax defender Alvarez who's about 190 cm tall, misses the header as well. It dips quickly and more or less the smallest guy on the pitch scores with his head.

First goal is obviously very bad, don't know what he's doing there. Still a hard cross, but no idea why he isn't jumping to the max of his abilities.

Yeah like I said a few pages back it was the same in the away game vs ajax, idk if he’s always like this but he seems to do nothing until ball + attacker are coming to him. I just hope these games were outliers.
True, those two games he wasn't very good. Don't know him very well outside of those two games. In the statistical comparison @Sebastes did on the earlier pages he comes out quite well.

He does tick quite a few boxes of what we need in a new CB, though. Left-footed, decent with the ball, quick, closes down opponents. Don't know how good his positioning is but he doesn't seem to intercept all that much.

Ideally, he would've been a bit older (25-27) to pair as the experienced defender with Saliba. I also think defenders like Pau Torres, Dias and Matviyenko come across as better passers in their YouTube compilations at least (don't know about the stats). Lot to work with, though, but definitely not a finished product.

Ashybashy86

So, now we're very likely to sign him, videos are being posted highlighting his short-comings. Where were these beforehand?

Ashybashy86

He fits the profile we need and he’s affordable. Could we really do better than Gabriel? I don’t think so..

Snap him up!
Not a team that finished 8th, and are having to lay people off. He'd be a good bit of business, particularly in these difficult times.

Tom349

If you click into the link tho and follow the thread theres more videos where he's quite poor for all three goals.

This is some of the worst analysis I've seen. First goal is GK's ball 9 time out of 10. The only criticism is he should be heading it unless he receives a call from the GK but Maignan really should have collected that.

Second goal he is a little slow to react but does eventually close down the angle and it took a decent strike to beat Maignan who was also suspect with his positioning. By no means good defence but rarely do you get punished for defending how he did from a shot in that position of the box.

Third video the defender uses his arms to propel himself over Gabriel to win the header, clear foul.

Fourth video is the worst of the lot. How the **** is he supposed to win the header in that position. He is fractionally behind his man which the ball missed him by a mile and yet Gabriel is supposed to win that?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No CB make no mistakes even guys like van dijk make once but it's few so you don't notice it unlike our defense when they make mistake a game.

Gabriel won't transform our defense to world class but he's player that suit Arteta system and can play in 4.

Reactions: JCB

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully bullshit & we are in for Renato.

Why not wait till we see the French kid & other CBs in pre season games / training? Who knows maybe he clicks with a Luiz... we already have the depth.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So, now we're very likely to sign him, videos are being posted highlighting his short-comings. Where were these beforehand?

I think its fair to say all the other top teams after him were aware of these too. He's clearly a decent CB, far better than we have at present so lets just get him in!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully bullshit & we are in for Renato.

Why not wait till we see the French kid & other CBs in pre season games / training? Who knows maybe he clicks with a Luiz... we already have the depth.

?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Stop blowing money on CBs!

We have seven senior CBs on the books with three signed last twelve months... One that we have not even seen train / play with our other CBs & another that has not played more than 3 games.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Stop blowing money on CBs!

We have seven senior CBs on the books with three signed last twelve months... One that we have not even seen train / play with our other CBs & another that has not played more than 3 games.

Chambers due to his injury, Holding, maybe Mustafi, Sokratis are basically gone.
Club will seek to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom