• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
I like AD but nah, why did you think it was?

Steve smith is the kid in the show.

And open closer inspection, Gabriel’s hair does bear some resemblance

steve-smith.jpg

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Suspect hairline though which is concerning. Can’t imagine him on a poster outside the Emirates unless it’s an ad for spray on hair .

Also got to question the judgement of someone who just won’t shave his head, questionable judgement and a bottler mentality to boot.

Someone like Grealish would be perfect, has that David Beckham hair with an elite physique. Shirt sales would be through the roof, no one’s dropping £60 on a Gabriel shirt with that Stephen A Smith trim.
Buzzed my head finally last week and feel liberated. Can confirm the quarantine cut adds to your girth and fitness.

Watching him he kinda looks like a left-footed version of Saliba - very commanding. We could have two commanding CB's...next to each other...being all commanding n that....is it even possible or would we all just spontaneously combust out of shock?

I wonder if they were trusted for the key of their home!

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

It's hard not to like the look of Gabriel. Looks very composed and from the handful of games I've seen with him + comps he seem to not go to the ground if it's not necessary, which I like. Seems an able passer as well. Hopefully we can sell off the likes of Mustafi, Sokratis, etc and raise funds towards a purchase.

If not I also like the look of Malang Sarr on a free. Not the same prospect but a left-footed cb that can also play LB and has clocked some 6,000 mins in Ligue 1 at age 21 could be a very nice prospect.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Watched a comp of this guy last night, I love the way he commands his area. If him and Saliba matched their potential we'd have the best CB partnership in the league a few years down the line.

Goonger

Watched a comp of this guy last night, I love the way he commands his area. If him and Saliba matched their potential we'd have the best CB partnership in the league a few years down the line.

They really would be the perfect partnership (on paper at least).

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Saliba Maga
Luiz Mari
Chambers KT​
Looks good. How much could we get from Mustafi, Holding and Sok? £30m?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For me Holding nor Chambers have shown me enough to be considered first team starters now or in the future.

People here are talking Saliba up who is 19 about him being ready and probably going to be our best defender.

Considering Holding and Chambers are mid 20s and neither of them looks like they will make the next step up we need to look for someone else.

Personally I would get rid of Holding, Mustafi and Sokratis. Chambers solely on the basis he can play a couple of positions and can stay as a back up and maybe Mari will end up a back up too. So we still need to buy a top defender and hope that Saliba hits the ground running which truth be told is unlikely.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Saliba Maga
Luiz Mari
Chambers KT​
Looks good. How much could we get from Mustafi, Holding and Sok? £30m?
Sokratis is old I'd take £5m for him
Musti is on 90k a week with a year left id take £5m as well
Holding is where we could make some money on, maybe 10-15m if we're lucky

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sokratis is old I'd take £5m for him
Musti is on 90k a week with a year left id take £5m as well
Holding is where we could make some money on, maybe 10-15m if we're lucky

Wouldn't get more than 5-10m for anyone this summer I'd imagine. For a player with a year left you'd have to practically give them away. The likes of Mkhitaryan, Elneny, Mustafi, Sokratis etc you can forget about getting a good fee for them, just get them off the wage bill if you can.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't get more than 5-10m for anyone this summer I'd imagine. For a player with a year left you'd have to practically give them away. The likes of Mkhitaryan, Elneny, Mustafi, Sokratis etc you can forget about getting a good fee for them, just get them off the wage bill if you can.
Yeh I agree. I'd take 5-10m on each, our squad and wage bill is bloated with crap. If we can we should be selling all of them and signing 2-3 players with the money.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Selling Musti, Papa and Holding gets you money for new CB, and Mari, which to me seams like a plan. you could also add some money in from potential Kola sale, since we could be getting Tierney's backup for less, or even free

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Suspect hairline though which is concerning. Can’t imagine him on a poster outside the Emirates unless it’s an ad for spray on hair .

Also got to question the judgement of someone who just won’t shave his head, questionable judgement and a bottler mentality to boot.

Someone like Grealish would be perfect, has that David Beckham hair with an elite physique. Shirt sales would be through the roof, no one’s dropping £60 on a Gabriel shirt with that Stephen A Smith trim.

:lol:

Stephen A Smith you say...

11v3l2.gif

Anyways, Gabriel would be a fantastic signing and it would be a start but we need to address the spine of the squad.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not convinced. Laporte, Van Dijk, Rudiger, Maguire were all proven in a top league before our rivals splashed. Even Alderweiweld had a succesful stint at Southampton. Long story short, Salibah and Mari are our punts from other leagues and I'd rather we bought from within the league.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Not convinced. Laporte, Van Dijk, Rudiger, Maguire were all proven in a top league before our rivals splashed. Even Alderweiweld had a succesful stint at Southampton. Long story short, Salibah and Mari are our punts from other leagues and I'd rather we bought from within the league.
mustafi was proven also, sokratis too.
that alone ain't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom