• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was confident that he would be good but he's one of those cases where you really have to watch a player regularly to appreciate his ability. He's got so much more talent than I thought he did even watching him play really well at City. He seems to really be rising to the challenge of being the main man and it's great to see. He contributes so much to our general play with and without the ball. That first goal yesterday is one that very few would even attempt to finish that way and it's nice to have another player who can create something out of absolutely nothing on the end of play but also contribute to the build up. Couldn't be happier with him so far.
For some reason he’s not as deep as other CFs Arteta’s played. Particularly Laca. That’s why the pass map isn’t the usual U shape against Leicester. I imagine he said to Arteta, “Look bro, I’ll play that deep if you want, but why not give me a chance to score some goals up front ffs”.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
For some reason he’s not as deep as other CFs Arteta’s played. Particularly Laca. That’s why the pass map isn’t the usual U shape against Leicester. I imagine he said to Arteta, “Look bro, I’ll play that deep if you want, but why not give me a chance to score some goals up front ffs”.
And Thank God for that. Hard to argue with the results thus far. He's been a breath of fresh air.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I said he'd finish the season with 30g/a and most said he wasn't a good finisher. I had no doubt he'd be like Alexis when we got him from Barca. Also Jesus being a big game player for Man City and selected in a lot of their most important games showed how much Pep actually rated him. Now that the attack is built around him, he can really get to his full potential.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I said he'd finish the season with 30g/a and most said he wasn't a good finisher. I had no doubt he'd be like Alexis when we got him from Barca. Also Jesus being a big game player for Man City and selected in a lot of their most important games showed how much Pep actually rated him. Now that the attack is built around him, he can really get to his full potential.
Alexis was phenomenal his last season at Barca and when he played for us. I think De Jesus is a better teammate and plays more for the shirt and his teammates. Alexis as great as he was was a great individual player but more focused on his own performance and wouldn’t sacrifice of himself for others the same way. De Jesus at City showed he was willing to accept reduced individual role for betterment of team without any unprofessional antics

Pulp

To be fair, there were certainly reasons to doubt Jesus before this transfer. Choked in the WC, lost his place to Richarlison in the NT and there have been plenty of games where he hasn't exactly set the place on fire whilst playing for City. But in the end it doesn't really matter. He is an Arsenal player now, and he has started very well. Long may it continue.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think it is more that he has the energy, legs and fighting spirit to pull it off. Getting heavy Alexis vibes from the lad. I just love these hardworking South American strikers. Martinelli has it in him also. Like they said about him in AON he practices like every training was the last. Just gives everything on the pitch!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cant get over this guys performance man, maybe the best individual performance I've seen from an Arsenal CF for a good decade. 2 goals, 2 assists and created a handful of chances for himself and his teammates, whilst being a pressing machine. On this form this guy is easily a 100m player.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Cant get over this guys performance man, maybe the best individual performance I've seen from an Arsenal CF for a good decade. 2 goals, 2 assists and created a handful of chances for himself and his teammates, whilst being a pressing machine. On this form this guy is easily a 100m player.
We literally didn't have that since RvP. Giroud, Auba, Laca... they were all fine but all of them were missing something extra. This guy has it all, and I'm not even worried about his goal draughts, even when he is not scoring he's super valuable.

The only thing I'm worried about, he could kill Eddie's career!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The scene of him dribbling through Crystal Palace defedners in the beginning of the first half. And his goal against Leicester in the tight space in the box. Also The way he switches position with Martinelli and Saka reminds me a little of the trio between R9 and fellow attackers. All really get me exciting to see what would coming out of him. It may sound like creme-ing Jesus but I can see why Ronaldo de Lima compared Jesus to himself.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Remember when this clown was going around on any media outlet that would have him, talking this nonsense? Better yet, Arsenal Twitter, youtubers, even people on here believed him. :lol:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I still think he could have done better. Should have squared that one chance to Saka in the first half and should have scored that rebound of Saka's shot in the second. Also on the counter, prob should have found Xhaka instead of Saka, but that's nitpicking a bit. Still feel he is not fully in tune with the rest of the attack not named Martinelli. This game should have been 6-1, Ramsdale should have saved that goal, poor near post keeping.

TinFish

It feels like the key differences between Arteta and Pep is the tolerances for freedom and individuality. For some players, like Martinelli and Jesus they seem to flourish when given more freedom. For other players like Pepe, he would be better suited to a different setup, possibly a more counter attacking one.

It’s good to see Jesus not so rigid in an Arsenal shirt. It’s really unlocked the door to his true potential. Being stifled at City isn’t good.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom