• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
We literally didn't have that since RvP. Giroud, Auba, Laca... they were all fine but all of them were missing something extra. This guy has it all, and I'm not even worried about his goal draughts, even when he is not scoring he's super valuable.

The only thing I'm worried about, he could kill Eddie's career!

And he stole his celebration FFS

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Remember when this clown was going around on any media outlet that would have him, talking this nonsense? Better yet, Arsenal Twitter, youtubers, even people on here believed him. :lol:

Jesus didn't score as a 21 yo at a World Cup, therefore he's no good as a striker. Is that really the logic here? "South American expert". Giroud won a ****ing World Cup scoring 0 goals.

Jesus wept.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He has been magnificent for us since he's come in. Lets hope his honeymoon period continues for as long as possible and he goes the world cup with 10 goals under his belt.

He also has the quality to really do well for us this year, lets hope he stays fit throughout the season.

I still do think we need one more top player upfront, it will allow us to rotate well over the season and keep Jesus + Nketiah relatively fresh.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

He has been magnificent for us since he's come in. Lets hope his honeymoon period continues for as long as possible and he goes the world cup with 10 goals under his belt.

He also has the quality to really do well for us this year, lets hope he stays fit throughout the season.

I still do think we need one more top player upfront, it will allow us to rotate well over the season and keep Jesus + Nketiah relatively fresh.

Thing about him is he adds so much to our game that his goalscoring isn't anywhere near the only thing he brings to the team, he was involved in all 4 goals vs Leicester and could have had 4-5 himself if it weren't for some excellent defensive work from their keeper and Ndidi at points.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I was absolutely desperate for us to get Suarez years ago because I've always loved those typical South American CFs who are absolutely relentless. Now I'm not comparing the two in terms of quality, but Jesus is as close as you can get to having a Suarez regen up front due to he's sheer intensity and energy whole also being fairly clinical too.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Aside from all that he does offensively, I think the way he leads the press is absolutely huge. We've really built a proper high pressing side now that he's in there. Jesus, Martinelli, Saka, Ødegaard all players that contribute to the press. That guy Pino we're linked with is a similar type as well.

arghhhh

I was absolutely desperate for us to get Suarez years ago because I've always loved those typical South American CFs who are absolutely relentless. Now I'm not comparing the two in terms of quality, but Jesus is as close as you can get to having a Suarez regen up front due to he's sheer intensity and energy whole also being fairly clinical too.
Jesus doesn't bite

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Been such a refreshing signing for us - and he himself looks pretty refreshed. Has a bit more freedom as the #9 and simultaneously more responsibility which has given him a new lease of life. Gotta say I'm really happy with Jesus - early days but potentially best CF since RVP.

Eddie definitely has his work cut out but given Jesus' growing importance, I have no doubts that Eddie will get minutes & goals in games where we need to rest Jesus.

akhil

Been such a refreshing signing for us - and he himself looks pretty refreshed. Has a bit more freedom as the #9 and simultaneously more responsibility which has given him a new lease of life. Gotta say I'm really happy with Jesus - early days but potentially best CF since RVP.

Eddie definitely has his work cut out but given Jesus' growing importance, I have no doubts that Eddie will get minutes & goals in games where we need to rest Jesus.

It's funny when Arteta got here he was so rigid with Pep's style of coaching and rigid positional play. He seems to be moving more towards Wenger's school of thought with freedom and expression and all of that we heard for 20 years, we still have a lot of the positional rotation but it doesn't seem as rigid as before. We also have better/more suitable players than a couple of years ago.

Jesus is starting to look like a bargain right now. I can forgive Edu for the Willian, Mari and Runarsson deals is he continues to look this good consistently.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's funny when Arteta got here he was so rigid with Pep's style of coaching and rigid positional play. He seems to be moving more towards Wenger's school of thought with freedom and expression and all of that we heard for 20 years, we still have a lot of the positional rotation but it doesn't seem as rigid as before. We also have better/more suitable players than a couple of years ago.

Jesus is starting to look like a bargain right now. I can forgive Edu for the Willian, Mari and Runarsson deals is he continues to look this good consistently.
I think that was always the plan tbh - Arteta didn't trust the players that much which is why he was always micromanaging every pass on the touchline and still does to an extent. Wenger by the time he became Arsenal manager had more experience and not just a firm idea of how he wanted his team to play (something we can see Arteta already has) but a methodology and philosophy to fortify his team to play that way as well as players that were compatible with it.

Not to give Arteta & Edu too much credit here but the team now looks far more adapted to what he wants, so some measure of freedom and expressiveness is more likely than if the team were of limited capacity and needed a rigid structure to work around. I think the main area we can still improve on significantly is in central midfield.

akhil

I think that was always the plan tbh - Arteta didn't trust the players that much which is why he was always micromanaging every pass on the touchline and still does to an extent. Wenger by the time he became Arsenal manager had more experience and not just a firm idea of how he wanted his team to play (something we can see Arteta already has) but a methodology and philosophy to fortify his team to play that way as well as players that were compatible with it.

Not to give Arteta & Edu too much credit here but the team now looks far more adapted to what he wants, so some measure of freedom and expressiveness is more likely than if the team were of limited capacity and needed a rigid structure to work around. I think the main area we can still improve on significantly is in central midfield.

The technical ability in this team is weirdly distributed. Our defense is probably more secure technically than our midfield bar Ode. Even the forwards aren't that much better technically than the back line.

Completely agree on midfield, a good addition and we can probably target 80 points this season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just seen his performance not too surprised really, I've always rated him although A-M will have you think otherwise.

Needs to be more clinical though, should have had at least three, four really. Games will get tighter and we'll need him to put away that one chance. Would also like to see him run in behind more but that might be more of a system thing.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Jesus doesn't bite

ILp.gif

True and unlike Suarez his eyebrows make him look like he's constantly...erm surprised/shocked? Lol:

CgAGVmF3AByAatw2AACk4okBqsU502.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom