• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Good player, no messiah.
Usually a good judge on these new lads. Think he’s going to explode here, be playing for Madrid or Barca in 2 years. Maybe even a return to City if one of the Spanish clubs pay Haaland’s clause.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s obviously a good player but I don’t think he has the mindset to be an elite striker. Although I thought the same of Benzema and now he’s the best striker in the world. Moving out of Ronaldo’s shadow really helped mould him from servant to superstar. I’m kinda hoping the same happens for Jesus. I need him to be selfish, demanding and confident in front of goal. I think he has the quality to be a main striker for the biggest clubs but he needs to show it now.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just watched the first training video of him. He is a quality striker at different level. Top close control, suddent changes of directions with subtle feints, eyes on teammates' movement, and good finishing. And he is really fast with his decision making. Either he is quick with conditioning himself in pre-season or he is naturally born so. Can't wait to see his action in this coming season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
gabriel-jesus-and-richarlison-of-brazil-celebrate-a-scored-goal-the-picture-id1148750191

...sell, imo.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There's no need to get carried away about him dominating poor opposition but I do think that having a player who has won as much as he has in recent years and isn't afraid of big moments will help us when we need that bit of magic and some of the less experienced players are struggling. I think he's going to have the best individual season of his career if he's fit all year.

D

Deleted member 102404

Movement looks great.
Finishing good.
Seemed to work well with Nketiah
I think he’ll do well in our system.

Riou

...Mr Magalhaes watching over Jesus incase the kid tried anything funny, MY CB!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm pleased that he got off to a good start. I'm not totally convinced by him numbers wise but I hope he has the best time of his career with us.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As I said yesterday, my first instinct is rarely wrong.

I think he’ll be playing in Spain in two years, £100m transfer. He’s too good for EL football.

Riou

As I said yesterday, my first instinct is rarely wrong.

I think he’ll be playing in Spain in two years, £100m transfer. He’s too good for EL football.

Sits on the bench at City, wins a league championship medal.

Sits on the bench at Arsenal, sees us get battered by a Bundesliga 2 team.

He could legitimately put in a transfer request this window, and I wouldn't blame him :lol:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Unless something drastically changes with Arteta's tactical approach (and I really hope it does) then it's extremely hard to negatively critique any attacking player/striker playing under him. Yeah said player might genuinely be dreadful (like Pepe who was also terrible under Emery and Freddie) but by the same token he could be an elite player completely destroyed by embarrassing management (like Auba).

But at the same time IF the player does end up banging in goals then he's probably world class because if you can bang them in while Arteta is your manager then you'd probably be getting 10 a game elsewhere under a good coach.

Slug457

Unless something drastically changes with Arteta's tactical approach (and I really hope it does) then it's extremely hard to negatively critique any attacking player/striker playing under him. Yeah said player might genuinely be dreadful (like Pepe who was also terrible under Emery and Freddie) but by the same token he could be an elite player completely destroyed by embarrassing management (like Auba).

But at the same time IF the player does end up banging in goals then he's probably world class because if you can bang them in while Arteta is your manager then you'd probably be getting 10 a game elsewhere under a good coach.
Not sure why your getting the d'oh emoji, we've gone from scoring 77, 74 and 73 in the 3 seasons prior to Tets to 56 55 and 61 since he's been here. Either the players all went to the dogs overnight or there's another explanation :lol:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Not sure why your getting the d'oh emoji, we've gone from scoring 77, 74 and 73 in the 3 seasons prior to Tets to 56 55 and 61 since he's been here. Either the players all went to the dogs overnight or there's another explanation :lol:
Might be because of my Pepe assessment? I'd like to think there's a broad consensus on here that Arteta has taken us back attacking wise while the Pepe thing seems to be a legitimate difference of opinion, maybe even a majority thinking he's a decent player that's been ruined by Arteta freezing him out.

Elwood

Might be because of my Pepe assessment? I'd like to think there's a broad consensus on here that Arteta has taken us back attacking wise while the Pepe thing seems to be a legitimate difference of opinion, maybe even a majority thinking he's a decent player that's been ruined by Arteta freezing him out.
Pepe is a decent player, is it the fee we paid that makes people underestimate him so much? I guess so. He did frustrate me a lot, but his numbers and a decent amount of good performances show he's been unreasonably underused imo

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think Jesus is close to a banker signing to be honest.

Expect him to explode over the next couple of years.

There's no shame in playing second fiddle to Aguero or getting shunted around to accommodate him as happened at most of his career at Man City.

Make him the main man up top here and he'll reward the faith put in him.

Riou

He could be our new Sanchez, play style is very similar.

A player of undoubted quality, but never quite the main man at his previous club... Arsenal have given him that chance and I think he will be brilliant, like Alexis.

Do wish our fans on twitter could praise Gabby 3, without using him to have a go at Auba and Laca...both were very good servants here, even if they had difficult ends at the club.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom