• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: "Goals are not my strong point"

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's actually very good run from Jesus, and a tough ball to hit correctly with a header.

He might have been better off trying to hit the ball to the front corner, but it's a good try. There would have been power behind it.

drippin

Deliveries don't get better than that.
Yes? The ball is coming from side/behind him, so it depends on a very tiny timing for his forward jumping header to get it to the back corner. Saw the situation well, good run and try.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's actually very good run from Jesus, and a tough ball to hit correctly with a header.

He might have been better off trying to hit the ball to the front corner, but it's a good try. There would have been power behind it.

Top strikers bury it.

The difference between a Haaland and a Jesus is miniscule really but that’s where it is.

drippin

Top strikers bury it.

The difference between a Haaland and a Jesus is minuscule really but that’s where it is.
Not always. Haaland might not have buried it similarly as he did that tap-in with his stronger foot. Which was great skills also as it bounced, but it's easier with your foot than head a ball coming from side/back.

It's a forward jumping header almost from the penalty spot disance, so the timing is not easy when you need good force too. Only reason Haaland might have headed that better is that he is taller so would not have had to jump so much forward early.

Yes Haaland is better than Jesus, and we had no chance to get him.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Deliveries don't get better than that.

I do agree with you but I think that comparison vid is harsh on Jesus. Firstly all strikers can score and miss chances, I know..it's a no sh!t Sherlock statement but my point is that I'm sure we can dig up a comparison where Haaland missed a similar chance that Jesus buried (albeit probably not such a nice comparison as both times it's the same teams involved and it look likes De Bruyne plays the ball each time).

That's not to say that I don't believe Haaland is currently better than Jesus as an all round striker, because he definitely is, I think most would agree with that and their respective price tags reflect that.

But Haaland's chance had the benefit of a cushioning from the bounce and landed at his feet, Jesus's was at a good height for a header but was still a bit awks to catch properly.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Meh as a disciple I’m not nitpicking Jesus and pointing at Haaland just yet, he’s been too brilliant for Arsenal and I couldn’t ask him to do more.

Arsenal could always be better but they ain’t going for the title today, so I am fine with watching Haaland from afar.

That tweet was equally hilarious and rude though.

drippin

That tweet was equally hilarious and rude though.
City fans are just salty losing Jesus for so cheap for how he has found a new level in him. They wanted to extend him because he can also play well on the wing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
IMG-20220926-WA0015.jpg

Nunez lookin' good, ngl!

I wonder what kane would have looked like.

teghz.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not always. Haaland might not have buried it similarly as he did that tap-in with his stronger foot. Which was great skills also as it bounced, but it's easier with your foot than head a ball coming from side/back.

It's a forward jumping header almost from the penalty spot disance, so the timing is not easy when you need good force too. Only reason Haaland might have headed that better is that he is taller so would not have had to jump so much forward early.

Yes Haaland is better than Jesus, and we had no chance to get him.

Haaland scores a lot of tap ins because he’s moving before the ball is played. His reading of his game is better than Jesus so he turns decent heading opportunities like that into easy tap ins.

It’s why he’s the best of the best in world football. His off the ball work is better than everyone.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I still have a hard time regarding Jesus as a pure number 9. I know he plays there for us, but profile wise he just doesn't seem like it at all, good thing for us is that his movement makes us so much more fluid in attack.

drippin

Haaland scores a lot of tap ins because he’s moving before the ball is played. His reading of his game is better than Jesus so he turns decent heading opportunities like that into easy tap ins.

It’s why he’s the best of the best in world football. His off the ball work is better than everyone.
Yeah, but Jesus' run in that video is perfect timing when compared to Maguire who is in his vision in front of him in the backline. Jesus is also moving before the ball is played. In this sense you could not improve it in this case.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Haaland is better, the man has the aura of a prime Henry/Ronaldo in the Prem about him.

That takes nothing away from Jesus though, top quality player too...massive character for us aswell, transformed the team.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m not sure we’d be all that better with Haaland. It’s not like Gabriel has been missing clear chances every game.

Now, Haaland in place of Giroud in the late Wenger era would’ve been something.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom