• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Never seen Gabriel play in detail tbh but i have just been checking his socials and city fans' reactions.
Really seems to be a top, top lad. I'm a fan already!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we lose both him and Sterling, we would have lost our two hardest workers off the ball. It's kind of scary unless Alvarez and Haaland hit the ground running immediately.
It has been interesting to read Blue Moon forum about Jesus. Many say he wasn't very prolific in scoring, but also many don't want him to go and praise how much he gave for the shirt and work-rate. Looks like a great squad player.

Jesus to me seems like one of the best deals on the market on a player who can play striker. Personally I think the plan is take the risk with Jesus & Nketiah this year to get them both sign. Next year we will get a starting striker, and Jesus can also play on the wing.

The interesting thing was when I counted Aguero vs. Jesus in EPL. Aguero without penalties had a point per 94 minutes in EPL according to Transfermarkt, while Jesus had a point per 107 minutes in EPL without penalties. What is your take on this?

It looks very good for Jesus as he played on the wing also. How can it be so close if Jesus doesn't have enough end-product? Is he criticized too much? That's a point per 13 minutes difference against one of the best strikers ever.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
If we lose both him and Sterling, we would have lost our two hardest workers off the ball. It's kind of scary unless Alvarez and Haaland hit the ground running immediately.

I'm indeed surprised you are doing so many changes to your attack when you have no need to. I would have thought this season would be just about integrating Haaland and fully settling Grealish into the team, but now you seem to plan gametime in attack for players even beyond Alvarez

Did Sterling want to leave too or did the club want him out?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
It has been interesting to read Blue Moon forum about Jesus. Many say he wasn't very prolific in scoring, but also many don't want him to go and praise how much he gave for the shirt and work-rate. Looks like a great squad player.

Jesus to me seems like one of the best deals on the market on a player who can play striker. Personally I think the plan is take the risk with Jesus & Nketiah this year to get them both sign. Next year we will get a starting striker, and Jesus can also play on the wing.

The interesting thing was when I counted Aguero vs. Jesus in EPL. Aguero without penalties had a point per 94 minutes in EPL according to Transfermarkt, while Jesus had a point per 107 minutes in EPL without penalties. What is your take on this?

It looks very good for Jesus as he played on the wing also. How can it be so close if Jesus doesn't have enough end-product? Is he criticized too much? That's a point per 13 minutes difference against one of the best strikers ever.

Yeah it seems to me as though they have absurdly high standards due to their being used to winning so many trophies. Its a good thing and a bad thing, we used to have such lofty/delusional standards 20 years ago.

Jesus isn't the best centre forward in the world but he was by far the best centre forward available to us and is a far far FAR better deal than Richarlison.

I actually wonder if City gave us a cut price deal as a thanks to Jesus for his service to the club, £45m is cheap for a CF of his quality when players like Grealish, who I rate tbh, are going for £100m.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Even if we don’t sign anyone else, I’m excited for the season because of him. Canny wait for him to score a dink on his debut.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
What an important signing this is for us. Seeing how barren and little value there seems to be in the striker market, and recognizing the dilemma, a club like United would be in, if Cristiano were to leave, shows how well we did to bring someone like Jesus in.

45m for an experienced Brazilian international forward, entering his prime, is a very good deal (regardless of him being in the last year of contract), especially when compared to the amounts being asked and paid for forwards of similar stature.

Tbh, I wasn't overly excited when we were initially linked with him, and I still don't expect him to become a talismanic figure for us, like Auba, Alexis, RVP, and co., but the more time I've had to think about it, I feel he'll become a fan favorite.

shoot for the top

He is an upgrade to Laca, but that isn't saying much.

I'm indeed surprised you are doing so many changes to your attack when you have no need to. I would have thought this season would be just about integrating Haaland and fully settling Grealish into the team, but now you seem to plan gametime in attack for players even beyond Alvarez

Did Sterling want to leave too or did the club want him out?

Sterling wasn't given assurances for game-time, he has been mostly a squad player since that Porto final, even Jesus was starting ahead of him in the wings. Seems like it really pissed him off after being put on the bench for the Madrid game. His level seems to have fallen-off, but he's still a good player with his directness and pace.

We're completely refreshening the attack, I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Remember when SAF used to regularly do that to keep players hungry. Grealish and Haaland are not typical Pep players either, have to wait for Pep's extension to see where we are going.
Don't blame us if Sp**s nick it this season :eyess:

Aguero would have it much lower if he played for Pep Guardiola from the beginning. Most of the stick Jesus gets is because he failed to replace an ageing Aguero in the starting eleven.

Most people don't get it how hard it is for a 20yr old to compete with someone like Aguero. Another reason he gets some stick is because he can be little frustrating with the misssed chances. He's not as clinical as Aguero but he has explosive potential in a game.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Aguero would have it much lower if he played for Pep Guardiola from the beginning. Most of the stick Jesus gets is because he failed to replace an ageing Aguero in the starting eleven.

Most people don't get it how hard it is for a 20yr old to compete with someone like Aguero. Another reason he gets some stick is because he can be little frustrating with the misssed chances. He's not as clinical as Aguero but he has explosive potential in a game.

Are you essentially saying strikers score less as a sacrifice for the team under Pep? As it certainly feels like that under Arteta

This signing will be massive for us and our progression

Extremely hardworking off the ball, which when you add to Ødegaard, Saka, ESR and Martinelli, will make us horrible to play out from the back against

His stats when put through the middle are pretty decent, and he's just been unlucky to play in a team who rotate a lot, Foden, Silva, Mahrez, Sterling all don't get as much game time as they would at any other top club (inc Liverpool)

The key thing for me is he seemed to play in all of City's big games last season, and have an impact, scored against Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea, it shows Pep trusts him in the big moments

Feels like an Alexis type signing for us, loads of talent and incredibly hard working player, who got frustrated at the rotation tactics under pep and wanted to be the main man....... here's hoping he gives us the stats like Sanchez did in his first few season

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom