• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It’s a game we completely dominated. Come on now. With Jesus it would have been easy victory. Honestly nketiah has done better than we expected. But he isn’t half the player Jesus is

Here's the part that I think you are missing. The fact that we didnt miss Jesus is testament to the quality of Eddie Nketiah. Remember how this place was falling apart when we found out about Jesus' injury.

They are different players of course, but both bring their own unique qualities to the team. We are stronger because of both their contributions.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Here's the part that I think you are missing. The fact that we didnt miss Jesus is testament to the quality of Eddie Nketiah. Remember how this place was falling apart when we found out about Jesus' injury.

They are different players of course, but both bring their own unique qualities to the team. We are stronger because of both their contributions.
We lost our last two games and haven’t scored. We haven’t scored in 3 of our last 5 games. We are on downward spiral attacking wise. And that is the problem. When nketiah is not scoring he is not adding much to the attack to improve the others chances of scoring. We definitely look worse in attack with nketiah than we did with jesus

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We lost our last two games and haven’t scored. We haven’t scored in 3 of our last 5 games. We are on downward spiral attacking wise. And that is the problem. When nketiah is not scoring he is not adding much to the attack to improve the others chances of scoring. We definitely look worse in attack with nketiah than we did with jesus

That's stretching it big time.

SA Gunner

Oh ok, so when we are winning its because we are a team and dominating as a team, like in the case with United.

But when we lose, its Eddie Nketiah.

Got the memo, thanks bud.

No, that's not how it works... we win and lose as a unit. We lost with Jesus at Old Trafford, you didnt single him out then. So no reason to single out Nketiah now.

Look at the system we play, and how Eddie and Jesus contribute to it. I repeat, both players have key roles to play in our success.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Oh ok, so when we are winning its because we are a team and dominating as a team, like in the case with United.

But when we lose, its Eddie Nketiah.

Got the memo, thanks bud.
So we haven’t failed to score in 3 of our last 5 games? Have we failed to score any game Jesus started?

SA Gunner

So we haven’t failed to score in 3 of our last 5 games? Have we failed to score any game Jesus started?

Bro, how many goals did Jesus score before going to the world cup? In all those games that we were winning?

Take your cue from the fact that we play as a team, and what these players bring to the table. The key fact is that you didnt miss Jesus until Everton. That shows you that you are dealing with quality in Eddie Nketiah.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That's stretching it big time.
It’s a slight one. Next game will tell us. If we struggle to put Brentford away then it becomes clearer. My whole point is when you have a lesser player replace your attacker they may do well early on. As times goes on it becomes more clear the lesser player can’t fully replace the better player. If people think we are better with nketiah or equal with him. I fully disagree

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bro, how many goals did Jesus score before going to the world cup? In those games that we were winning?

Take your cue from the fact that we play as a team, and what these players bring to the table. The key fact is that you didnt miss Jesus until Everton. That shows you that you are dealing with quality in Eddie Nketiah.
Newcastle at home we missed, city away as well. It’s not only Scoring as I keep saying. It’s about creating and making your team mates better. We lost a lot of what Martinelli was bringing to the table with Jesus out as well. So yes overall we are lesser team going forward now than with Jesus

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

So we haven’t failed to score in 3 of our last 5 games?

4 of those games have been against Top 4 opposition and one of those in a FA Cup tie with a 2nd string side. Let's look at those three shall we?

0-0 vs Newcastle at Home - we dominated the game and just couldn't find an opener.
0-1 vs City Away (FA Cup) - unlucky not to score, we had some big chances in the first half with 2nd string squad
0-1 vs Everton Away - Very poor attacking game, no doubt

So this narrative that we haven't scored in 3 out of 5 games lacks nuance and context. The only game where I was truly disappointed in our attack was vs Everton and we still had 3 decent chances to score (Nketiah near post, Saka volley cleared off the line and Ødegaard cut back blazed over).

SA Gunner

Newcastle at home we missed, city away as well. It’s not only Scoring as I keep saying. It’s about creating and making your team mates better. We lost a lot of what Martinelli was bringing to the table with Jesus out as well. So yes overall we are lesser team going forward now than with Jesus

Yes, we miss Jesus, no one is disputing that, the eye test is clear.

We are still 5 clear in the league though, with a game in hand. Which is a better position Jesus left us in.

What does that tell you about Nketiah's contribution?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

4 of those games have been against Top 4 opposition and one of those in a FA Cup tie with a 2nd string side. Let's look at those three shall we?

0-0 vs Newcastle at Home - we dominated the game and just couldn't find an opener.
0-1 vs City Away (FA Cup) - unlucky not to score, we had some big chances in the first half with 2nd string squad
0-1 vs Everton Away - Very poor attacking game, no doubt

So this narrative that we haven't scored in 3 out of 5 games lacks nuance and context. The only game where I was truly disappointed in our attack was vs Everton and we still had 3 decent chances to score (Nketiah near post, Saka volley cleared off the line and Ødegaard cut back blazed over).
So it’s coincidence that Martinelli is struggling with nketiah there instead of Jesus? Ok just answer this. You can have one fit player to start next 10 games. Nketiah orcHesus who you taking? I’m taking Jesus because he is better player and makes the players around him better. Who you taking?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes, we miss Jesus, no one is disputing that, the eye test is clear.

We are still 5 clear in the league though, with a game in hand. Which is a better position Jesus left us in.

What does that tell you about Nketiah's contribution?
Well it helps city lost 3 games and drew 1 in their last 8 league games? They were not dropping point at this rate earlier in the season

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Too much sauce added to what Jesus would have done I think.

Hope he comes back soon so this sentiment rightfully goes in the bin quickly though.

SA Gunner

Well it helps city lost 3 games and drew 1 in their last 8 league games? They were not dropping point at this rate earlier in the season

I rest my case bud.

I see you what about, no need for further debate here.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I rest my case bud.

I see you what about, no need for further debate here.
You got no case to rest as you can’t even pick who you would take to lead the line. You arguing using emotions while I keep throwing facts on you. Jesus>>Nketiah.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Nobody would argue that, I just question by how much. Strictly results and numbers wise.

Im not convinced Jesus impacts the past few games in the way some of you imagine.
Jesus is a phenomenal player, who adds an extra dimension to our play that I think makes everyone around him better. His early form for us was pretty incredible.

Jesus isn’t a saviour though. We know (and have now seen for ourselves), he isn’t the greatest goalscorer.

Him and Nketiah are different players with different strengths. There’s a time and place for the both of them.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Jesus is a phenomenal player, who adds an extra dimension to our play that I think makes everyone around him better. His early form for us was pretty incredible.

Jesus isn’t a saviour though. We know (and have now seen for ourselves), he isn’t the greatest goalscorer.

Him and Nketiah are different players with different strengths. There’s a time and place for the both of them.

Everton played out of their skin, players like Onana treated it like an audition.

A lot of glass half empty perspectives really just crying over whoever isn’t here for various reasons. Jesus, Mudryk etc.

SA Gunner

You got no case to rest as you can’t even pick who you would take to lead the line. You arguing using emotions while I keep throwing facts on you. Jesus>>Nketiah.

That was never the argument to begin with.

As I said, I've seen enough here, and rest my case.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Everton played out of their skin, players like Onana treated it like an audition.

A lot of glass half empty perspectives really just crying over whoever isn’t here for various reasons. Jesus, Mudryk etc.
Yeah.

Fwiw, I do think - from a tactical perspective - the Everton game was one where Jesus would have been better suited, based on the way Everton set up and how I believe his movement would have disrupted that.

But that’s totally irrelevant, you play with what you have. Everything else is pure speculation. No one is going to tell me the team we had on the day was not good enough to beat Everton.

They had a great game, we didn’t. Simples.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom