• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's clearly carrying something.

He's been poor recently but if he needs an operation let's see what he's like after that.

Jesus was very good for us in his first season. If he can get back to that sort of level he'll be a valuable asset. If not, move him on.

Don't really understand the hate he gets when we've got perma crocks like Partey, ESR and Tomi around who contribute very little.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Listen, this guy was phenomenal for half a season and we need to be honest, has been turd ever since.

His talent is supreme, but generally speaking he’s a stupid player who more often than not carries for too long or makes the wrong decision with the final ball. When he pulls it off, it’s brilliant and when he doesn’t (which is the majority of the time), it’s extremely frustrating.

Add to that the clear regress in physicality for nearly a season and a half now and extremely concerning recurring injury, if I was a betting man I’d say he’s never going to be good enough for us again.

That is very much frustrating to say, as I absolutely loved watching him in the first half of last season. He and us as a team because of him was so fun to watch. Shame.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Can't help but feel the criticism has gotten a bit OTT. He's clearly worse than last year and not in good form but still contributed with important assists through individual brilliance against Bayern and Wolves yet this thread has been a hatethread for the past few weeks. People seem to have taken our newfound hatred for City and saw Jesus and Zinchenko the best avenues to express it.

For the record I think he should be transitioned to a squad player and maybe sold if we can recoup a decent amount of his fee, but I'll always have a soft spot for him due to how transformative he was to us last season. The only Arsenal match I've been to in person was the 4 - 2 at home vs Leicester last season and I was in awe watching him. Created tons of chances through his dribbling and bullying their CBs, assisted 2, scored 2 yet could've scored like 5 in typical Jesus fashion. What could've been if he did find his finishing boots here like we hoped...

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Can't help but feel the criticism has gotten a bit OTT. He's clearly worse than last year and not in good form but still contributed with important assists through individual brilliance against Bayern and Wolves yet this thread has been a hatethread for the past few weeks. People seem to have taken our newfound hatred for City and saw Jesus and Zinchenko the best avenues to express it.

For the record I think he should be transitioned to a squad player and maybe sold if we can recoup a decent amount of his fee, but I'll always have a soft spot for him due to how transformative he was to us last season. The only Arsenal match I've been to in person was the 4 - 2 at home vs Leicester last season and I was in awe watching him. Created tons of chances through his dribbling and bullying their CBs, assisted 2, scored 2 yet could've scored like 5 in typical Jesus fashion. What could've been if he did find his finishing boots here like we hoped...
As a striker he's ****.

As a joga bonito guy, sometimes quite good.

As a counterstrike player, questionable. I think he cares about the latter the most.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’ll wait to see if he goes to the Copa America. Can’t be complaining of knee pain then jetting off after a long season.

Definitely has a part to play in the squad, unless someone wants to offer silly money.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom