• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Need to rush him back imo. Let him get a little run out against Villa next weekend.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Man hasn't even kicked a ball yet. You wanna see Eddie for the rest of the season? 😭

It’s a risk but a little bleep test against Villa will do him no harm. 5-10 mins next weekend then build him up for the coming weeks.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I know this won't be popular but here goes.

I do get that Gabriel is a really important player for us, and his hold up play, skill on the ball and ability to bring others into the game is important, especially for our build up.

But I've got to be honest (and I know it's really easy to do with players out with injury), I don't know if him coming back suddenly fixes all of the issues we've had.

I think our problem is breaking teams down, and whilst Gabriel is important in our build up, does he suddenly mean we are able to open up really packed defenses? I dunno cuz.

I could be wrong though and either way having him back definitely makes us stronger.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think our problem is breaking teams down, and whilst Gabriel is important in our build up, does he suddenly mean we are able to open up really packed defenses? I dunno cuz.
Yes, he is actually good at creating chaos by dancing around tight defenses. Doesn't score much but defenders need to focus on him and that allows more space for others.

I mean, it's not a coincidence that our attack started to function the moment Jesus joined the club and now it's in shambles when he is injured.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I do get that Gabriel is a really important player for us, and his hold up play, skill on the ball and ability to bring others into the game is important, especially for our build up.

But I've got to be honest (and I know it's really easy to do with players out with injury), I don't know if him coming back suddenly fixes all of the issues we've had.

I could be wrong though and either way having him back definitely makes us stronger.
Yes. He beats people 1v1 for fun and his movement drags the CBs out of position. You beat a deep block by forcing a break in shape. That is what Jesus does with his dribbling and link up. You also make it much harder for a team to maintain its shape when you win the ball back from them consistently in their third of the pitch, something that we've done less with Nketiah in Jesus' place because he doesn't press as well or as tenaciously. That is exactly what we are missing against these teams that sit deep at present. Jesus is always providing options for everyone else to play off of in the final third. The difference between him and Nketiah in terms of the quality of our play is even more stark than the difference between Zinchenko and Tierney.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

Improves our chances to break down low blocks imo. His dribbling and ability to penetrate in tight spaces has been pretty impressive this year, but he is not going to make us any better at getting onto crosses.

Gn1212

Regardless of if he is the one to score, his presence alone is a nuisance. He runs at people nonstop and sets the tone of the team's intensity. His ability to create **** out of nothing is also key when playing against such deep blocks. It's not the first time we faced them with him and they usually can't cope with it for 90 minutes.

The question I guess is in what state he comes back. He's a very physical dude so you'd the injury hasn't affected him a lot.

Tnegs

Yes. He beats people 1v1 for fun and his movement drags the CBs out of position. You beat a deep block by forcing a break in shape. That is what Jesus does with his dribbling and link up. You also make it much harder for a team to maintain its shape when you win the ball back from them consistently in their third of the pitch, something that we've done less with Nketiah in Jesus' place because he doesn't press as well or as tenaciously. That is exactly what we are missing against these teams that sit deep at present. Jesus is always providing options for everyone else to play off of in the final third. The difference between him and Nketiah in terms of the quality of our play is even more stark than the difference between Zinchenko and Tierney.
I agree with everything you said but I think in a game like yesterdays where you have a packed defense playing deep Tierney might have made more of a difference with his runs down the left and his attacking movement rather than Zinchenko who comes in and narrows the pitch further. If you want to disrupt the shape you need runners and you need to use the full width of the pitch which Zinchenko wasn’t going to do.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I think he does really help with breaking teams down.

He was literally dribbling the ball through multiple players in the penalty areas quite regularly. He was really causing havoc.

He also helped a lot with counter attacks and created opportunities for the team through his hold up play or decision making there. So we can maximise those opportunities to break.

Jesus also has an effect which isn’t quantifiable too, he seems to lift aggression and urgency on the ball for other players, he is very infectious.

Nketiah is not very suited to the issues we are facing right now because although he is a better finisher atm, if he is not being supplied he is quite a limited player compared to Jesus. He has just been floating around the box and not offering a different dimension.

I think maybe in games vs low blocks we could see both of them on the pitch, with Jesus LW.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If this guy returns and starts playing with the same intensity as he was before, he could have a massive impact here.

Not just speaking about his actual general play, but also the effect he has on the players around him.

The way he plays can spark something which is missing from our team. Also, the left side of our attack is dysfunctional right now and he will help this.

I’m just hoping we don’t drop too many points over the next 4 weeks (or even the next week ffs).

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
One game where Eddie doesn’t score and everyone’s crying for Jesus?

That’s cold :lol:
Do you not miss Jesus’ play? He has his weaknesses when it comes to finishing but he was adding a lot to the team and our general approach to the game was massive.

There’s nothing to say they don’t play together in some games anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom