• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He should start vs sporting and let the current front 3 play vs Palace IMO

Btw change the thread title. He has risen.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
So glad to see him back on the pitch, sooner than I expected as well. Lacked some sharpness in the finish, which is understandable. Could immediately see his quality again.

Hope we build him up slowly, though. No starts before the international break. Maybe 30minutes against Sporting at the end.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He came back like he never left. He was dribbling, finding teammates in tight spaces, created a chance, won the ball back and missed a good chance. If this guy was a killer in front of goal as well he would be playing for Real Madrid. Adds so much to our team, its a testament to how good we are as a team that we managed to stay top without him.

Tomb Bombadil

Yep, he and Nelson, would like to see what they offer together. Poor Saka will never get a breather though :lol:
Maybe play two balanced frontlines against Sporting and Palace. I would rest Saka (needs a rest) and Trossard (coming back from injury) for Sporting and go with:

Sporting: Martinelli - Jesus - Nelson
Palace: ESR - Trossard - Saka

Not sure if Jesus is ready for starting 11. Maybe swap with Trossard if fit enough.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Eduardo scored as many league goals in 07/08 as Nketiah did this season over the same number of league minutes. Where does this generational talent level finishing narrative coming from?
It stems from watching his goals 2007/08 in the run-up to his injury and being absolutely gobsmacked at the casual manner he tucked chances away. It was quite unusual and most certainly not a "narrative" - I'd think anyone with more than a passing interest in football who looks at the goals would agree with this, it's not a controversial take tbh. Not talking about the volume of goals, nor any other aspects of his play (Jesus is undisputably a better player overall).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Eduardo that season, the best finisher I have seen at Arsenal in my time as a fan...looked like he had ice in his veins everytime he went 1 v 1.

Big shame what happened to him, a very rare poacher type who could also play in a Wenger system...gold-dust were those players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Eduardo that season, the best finisher I have seen at Arsenal in my time as a fan...looked like he had ice in his veins everytime he went 1 v 1.

Big shame what happened to him, a very rare poacher type who could also play in a Wenger system...gold-dust were those players.

Better than Van Persie, Auba or even Walcott?

Come on now :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Better than Van Persie, Auba or even Walcott?

Come on now :lol:

He was defintely a better finisher than Theo, other two are very right but would still pick Eduardo.

Just felt he would score everytime he went 1 on 1 that season, haven't quite had that same feeling before or since.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Did you see Bellerin’s doc on his injury? Was sad seeing on there that he was drinking heavily during his time out of the game.

Yeah always enjoy these type of things, Jesus looks more promotion driven, I thin Bellerin did his own.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom