• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Trossard was superb, but having this guy back is the x factor for us... he's our best player.

Even after months out, his play and workrate was brilliant...please stay fit!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Eduardo that season, the best finisher I have seen at Arsenal in my time as a fan...looked like he had ice in his veins everytime he went 1 v 1.

Big shame what happened to him, a very rare poacher type who could also play in a Wenger system...gold-dust were those players.
Eduardo was very good. I expected him to score as opposed to hoping he would. Prime Auba is equal but I have Wrighty and Anelka as the most natural finishers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When he was on the pitch (even not fully firing) he just had us playing, the keepers save from his run and dribble was brilliant to be fair...as soon as he went off, we pretty much lost all our threat and control until Partey and Ødegaard came in.

As good as Trossard is, even he doesn't galvanise us when we are struggling like Jesus does...please stay fit!

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Sounds good until you realize that he should be scoring goals otherwise it will be hard for us to be successful. A bit like a defender that can’t tackle or a goalkeeper that can’t catch.
I think it works as long as everyone around him is scoring (and he is contributing to it). Weren't we the only team in Europe aside from PSG with 3 players with 10+ goals? All the three players around him have stepped up big time scoring-wise so it might just work.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He played well considering it’s his 2nd game from injury, but his poor finishing low-key lost us the game. My preference will always be a clinical CF with two natural widemen on either side. Jesus plays like a winger, attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, box-to-box but seldom plays like a striker. Unleash th thumbs down. I’m ready for it.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Sounds good until you realize that he should be scoring goals otherwise it will be hard for us to be successful. A bit like a defender that can’t tackle or a goalkeeper that can’t catch.
Not really. A defender that can't tackle compromises the defense same with a GK with bad hands. Jesus actually makes everyone around him play better. He helps improve Martinelli and Xhaka. His penetrative dribbling and movement also means defenses can't just key in on Saka. His hold up play gives other players time to get into better attacking positions, he is also great at link up play and works extremely hard pressing from the front which can lead to the opposition becoming unsettled and to start making errors. He def should improve his finishing cause if he did, he'll be the only legit world class player on the team. Only other person close is Partey, but his touches and passing can be inconsistent.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
When he was on the pitch (even not fully firing) he just had us playing, the keepers save from his run and dribble was brilliant to be fair...as soon as he went off, we pretty much lost all our threat and control until Partey and Ødegaard came in.

As good as Trossard is, even he doesn't galvanise us when we are struggling like Jesus does...please stay fit!
We're a very good team without him but we're a great team with him. If I'm not mistaken, City never lost a home match with him in the starting lineup. Edit: The statistic is actually that he's never lost a PL game he's scored in for City or us. 51 unbeaten apparently.

Top Bottom