• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: "Goals are not my strong point"

Gn1212

He played well considering it’s his 2nd game from injury, but his poor finishing low-key lost us the game. My preference will always be a clinical CF with two natural widemen on either side. Jesus plays like a winger, attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, box-to-box but seldom plays like a striker. Unleash th thumbs down. I’m ready for it.
His shots caused Adan the most trouble before Gabriel's headers AET.

Trossard failed to convert a one-on-one and our players were ****ing about with the ball in the box, hesitating to shoot, but yeah his poor finishing cost the game. 🤷‍♂️

Eduardo was very good. I expected him to score as opposed to hoping he would. Prime Auba is equal but I have Wrighty and Anelka as the most natural finishers.
How come no one is mentioning Henry? His practically has a type of finishing named after him - and since he would be at 25 goals per year, that should also by definition put him in the top bracket.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I’m loving how sharp he’s looking. He can create something out of nothing. The kind of player that just gets you off your feet.

That said, we need him on the goal trail. I want him to have bagged before our trip to Anfield. In him, Martinelli and Trossard we’ve got three players who run Liverpool ragged.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Why would they start the tweet like that?
I'm like 4 minutes into this 'documentary' and we're just at the point where Martinelli is telling us where he was when it happened. It's like something out of a Netflix docuseries about someone who's kept a dozen women in their basement for 20 years and they're interviewing neighbours.

Maybe it's just me but I don't get why they've made a documentary series about someone who has only been here 5 minutes. Okay he suffered an injury but imagine if they'd made a documentary about every time Wilshere came back from injury. We'd never have time to watch any football.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I’m loving how sharp he’s looking. He can create something out of nothing. The kind of player that just gets you off your feet.

That said, we need him on the goal trail. I want him to have bagged before our trip to Anfield. In him, Martinelli and Trossard we’ve got three players who run Liverpool ragged.

Think Jesus will always be that tasmanian devil type, will frustrate at points but cause all kinds of havoc for opponents.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Think Jesus will always be that tasmanian devil type, will frustrate at points but cause all kinds of havoc for opponents.

I agree. I'm hoping he has a Benzema esque surge late in his career in terms of finishing. Benzema was always pretty profligate but it just clicked for him and he became a monster in front of goal. I think something similar can happen for Jesus- in pre-season he was putting EVERYTHING away. He has it in him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I agree. I'm hoping he has a Benzema esque surge late in his career in terms of finishing. Benzema was always pretty profligate but it just clicked for him and he became a monster in front of goal. I think something similar can happen for Jesus- in pre-season he was putting EVERYTHING away. He has it in him.
Tbf Benzema became lethal in front of goal when he stopped being Ronaldo’s butler. Plus, Benzizou was Ligue 1’s top scorer in his Lyon days. He could always finish, Jesus hasn’t really shown that goal production in his career yet.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Tbf Benzema became lethal in front of goal when he stopped being Ronaldo’s butler. Plus, Benzizou was Ligue 1’s top scorer in his Lyon days. He could always finish, Jesus hasn’t really shown that goal production in his career yet.

He’s had some decent scoring seasons though nothing like Benzema in fairness.

He has played out wide a lot too. I think I’m just hanging onto what I saw in preseason. Super clinical, a variety of finishes too.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm like 4 minutes into this 'documentary' and we're just at the point where Martinelli is telling us where he was when it happened. It's like something out of a Netflix docuseries about someone who's kept a dozen women in their basement for 20 years and they're interviewing neighbours.

Maybe it's just me but I don't get why they've made a documentary series about someone who has only been here 5 minutes. Okay he suffered an injury but imagine if they'd made a documentary about every time Wilshere came back from injury. We'd never have time to watch any football.
Yes but on the other hand it’s material for the fans and more videos of players and background stuff the better

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

We desperately need Saliba back for this. Don't want to see Rob Holding onto Salah in the box for that inevitable red/pen double whammy.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looking at the surgical scar on Jesus' knee. That's huge. I have seen some surgeries on knee injuries such as ACL tear. But at this age of medical advancement and the top level of sport medicine (top money too), I don't quite understand why operations are open-knee ones instead of key-hole. Perhaps the surgeon needed a larger access to repair the lateral tear and better drain for post surgical care. It would take a while to come back to the level where Jesus was, with some adjustment in his game approach. Hopefully he will follow what R9 did in his career, transforming from being an excitingly zig-zap world class player to an exactingly legendary goal scorer.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Looking at the surgical scar on Jesus' knee. That's huge. I have seen some surgeries on knee injuries such as ACL tear. But at this age of medical advancement and the top level of sport medicine (top money too), I don't quite understand why operations are open-knee ones instead of key-hole. Perhaps the surgeon needed a larger access to repair the lateral tear and better drain for post surgical care. It would take a while to come back to the level where Jesus was, with some adjustment in his game approach. Hopefully he will follow what R9 did in his career, transforming from being an excitingly zig-zap world class player to an exactingly legendary goal scorer.
Dude that was not a major surgery and Jesus is still 25. He is not going to change his playstyle. And he is never going to be close to R9 when it comes to finishing. He just needs time to fully get fit and he'll be back to destroying defenses again.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When he got injured I couldn’t imagine a time when he didn’t walk back into the starting XI upon return to full fitness. As the run-in looms, does our saviour start? Or will he be our trump card from the bench?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When he got injured I couldn’t imagine a time when he didn’t walk back into the starting XI upon return to full fitness. As the run-in looms, does our saviour start? Or will he be our trump card from the bench?
trump-clapping-clap.gif

Latest posts+

Top Bottom