• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Arteta’s glory is the only thing holding me together

It’s all a trick as soon as he’s done here, I cease to exist
Bro you requested another chapter of Sam Spade the pseudo detective i figured it was rude not to comply. By the way Sam those silky evil secret society robes fit great, let me know if you want to be initiated

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

gabriel-jesus-selecao.gif
God damn he has such a funny sad face

Like a cartoon

razörist

Yup. Everybody is looking at Eddie, but it's Arteta's time to show if he's learned anything as well. Not everyone gets to play with their ideal 11 every week all season.

This is assuming Arsenal don't splash in the market mind, they normally don't but they are 1st place with everyone else looking rubbish. It's interesting.
Kinda want Arteta do the Arteta thing, move 5 players around to make up for 1 player missing effectively fecking our whole system

He’s done it before

razörist

We needed to strengthen in January anyway. Hopefully this forces their hand.

Arteta will want to show Eddie some faith, but if he doesnt score & doesn't impact the game like Jesus does, then its gonna be awkward for both.

Hopefully he can have a nice purple patch like end of last season. Need all the forwards to contribute now more than ever.
Yeah I can see how u got there. We make a good striker signing and Jesus comes back early suddenly we have a juggernaut squad.

In reality we chase after plan A target all window, failing to sign him and February first u see article on arsenal.com titled “ Arteta: why I have faith in Eddie Nketiah”

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Nketiah is no where near his level and there is absolutely no way nketiah wins arsenal the title
If jesus is out for long then either arteta should look for a replacement else I doubt arsenal will even make it to the top 4.

I would stick with buying a winger and let Nketiah/Martinelli battle it out upfront or something.

We gave Nketiah a big contract in the summer because Arteta believes he offers a lot to the system, so let's see how Nketiah adjusts to playing more frequently. I don't think Nketiah did badly last season when Laca's form dropped massively.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I would stick with buying a winger and let Nketiah/Martinelli battle it out upfront or something.

We gave Nketiah a big contract in the summer because Arteta believes he offers a lot to the system, so let's see how Nketiah adjusts to playing more frequently. I don't think Nketiah did badly last season when Laca's form dropped massively.
I mean this is gonna be such a huge moment for Eddie. It's the chance hes waited a long time for (save for the games at end of last season).

It's also just as big for Arteta & Edu tbh. They gave him the contract. They won't want to be embarrassed by Eddie not coming up with the goods.

Its why I think we'll sign a forward, but possibly not a striker. Unless it's as a back up to Eddie, if they go down the striker route it will seriously undermine Eddie & themselves. I think we'll get a versatile forward in.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Believing Eddie should get the chance because we overpaid him is such sunk cost bias. Two wrongs don’t make a right people
Think people are just saying what is likely gonna happen. Extending him on 100k pw & then not playing him when the need arises would just make all concerned look foolish.

D

Deleted member 102404

Believing Eddie should get the chance because we overpaid him is such sunk cost bias. Two wrongs don’t make a right people
He deserves his chance because last time he got a run in the team he was excellent.
Nothing to do with his £100k per week.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

100%! Eddie needs to step up now. He got his contract and now it is time to deliver!

bergholt

There's at least 4 games before we could realistically sign another striker, and if we think Balogun or Eddie might make it then I can't see us splashing out big

Top Bottom