• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Seeing Stan and Josh be stupid enough to sign Baker Mayfield as Rams QB, I fully expect Cristiano to be an Arsenal player in January. :facepalm:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Which 50 - 100 million pound striker, though? Even if Josh is still willing to spend Stan's money and FFP will let him?

1. Stars and potential stars moving in January is pretty rare, whether sale or loan. Sure, there's exceptions, but Auba had burned bridges at Dortmund; Ødegaard need playing time for Real to protect his value.

2. Joao Felix or Vlahovic are at least plausible, but still pretty unlikely. Is there anyone else out there who wouldn't be trying to cram a square peg into a round hole, potentially at the expense of the long term project?

3. Even if Joao Felix or Vlahovic are available, it's in large part because they failed to fully settle at their current clubs. Meaning they're likely to take a little while to settle at Arsenal, too--with no summer training camp and tour.

Like it or not, no matter who we sign or don't, Eddie is going to play significant minutes in January. I have no idea if he has it in him or not, but if we're still in a title chase come February, it'll be because Eddie stepped up and proved himself good enough.
João Felix is pure quality. Simeone doesn't like him for personal reasons. On the contrary, we could have a player flourishing here... Do you remember Ødegaard and real Madrid situation and he "failing"?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
João Felix is pure quality. Simeone doesn't like him for personal reasons. On the contrary, we could have a player flourishing here... Do you remember Ødegaard and real Madrid situation and he "failing"?

We sign Felix, then its as if we never lost Jesus. Absolutely top drawer signing.

Would sign this kid and pair him up with Eddie, as a tactical option.

mpower2540

We'll miss him badly no doubt, he's been transformational, though I'm not as downcast as I have been in the past about injuries. I've never really believed that we could win the league since something like this happening was always on the cards. Even with Jesus I think we'd have tailed off. Personally, I still think we should make top 4 relatively comfortably and I'll be pretty disappointed if it becomes a scrap for it or worse if we fall out of it.

I bet Gary Neville is reveling in this news too......

SA Gunner

We'll miss him badly no doubt, he's been transformational, though I'm not as downcast as I have been in the past about injuries. I've never really believed that we could win the league since something like this happening was always on the cards. Even with Jesus I think we'd have tailed off. Personally, I still think we should make top 4 relatively comfortably and I'll be pretty disappointed if it becomes a scrap for it or worse if we fall out of it.

I bet Gary Neville is reveling in this news too......

Only way for him and other detractors to be "right about us", and "falling away as usual".

Let the continue with their means of coping with our performances, because soon there will be nothing left to hang onto.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I bet Gary Neville is reveling in this news too.....
FjT6HjTWQAY2Gzq

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Disagree, I raised that point a few weeks ago and people were against it IIRC.

I sense favouritism 👀

I was actually thinking of you when I wrote that. Don’t sell yourself short, your influence carries weight around here. Like a caucus unto yourself. For starters wherever you go @Trilly is bound to follow. I believe he disliked my post within hours of you doing the same 😉

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I was actually thinking of you when I wrote that. Don’t sell yourself short, your influence carries weight around here. Like a caucus unto yourself. For starters wherever you go @Trilly is bound to follow. I believe he disliked my post within hours of you doing the same 😉

People inspecting likes now? 🤣

Time for AI to take over my account for a few months.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Martinelli is not a number 9. Seen people taking about moving him inside but he doesn't play there for Brazil nor has he ever had a solid go at it for us. There's a reason behind it. Cause he is not effective at 9.

We need a striker in January simple as that. Can't fight on EL, PL title, top 4 and any other cup with 1 striker.

SA Gunner

Martinelli is not a number 9. Seen people taking about moving him inside but he doesn't play there for Brazil nor has he ever had a solid go at it for us. There's a reason behind it. Cause he is not effective at 9.

We need a striker in January simple as that. Can't fight on EL, PL title, top 4 and any other cup with 1 striker.

Guess you probably still need to discover what positions Henry, Van Persie and Alexis played before they played for Arsenal.

Martinelli may not be a number 9 right now and yes we might need another striker. But to draw your final conclusions, so confidently, looks silly to be honest.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Someone made a good point that if we move him onto the wing then we lose all the overloads he causes and confusion for opposition CBs.

We defo need a goalscorer somewhere in the front three though, for a title challenge anyway.
I think a CF like Vlahovic or even a Joao Felix could do that too. I rate Jesus but I ain’t lie to you guys, I expected more goals. It’s not like we struggle to create chances.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Guess you probably still need to discover what positions Henry, Van Persie and Alexis played before they played for Arsenal.

Martinelli may not be a number 9 right now and yes we might need another striker. But to draw your final conclusions, so confidently, looks silly to be honest.
Sorry but didn't you draw your conclusions about top 4 a little early last year? In such a confident, arrogant manner. Pot kettle black and all that?

At this present moment Martinelli is a wide forward. Tite thinks so. Arteta thinks so. Emery thought so. Maybe something will change in 3 or 4 years but today he isn't a number 9. Hence why I used present simple.

At this present moment we only have Eddie as a recognised central striker. Someone who has actually played there consistently. 100% we need a striker if we want to win the league or cement top 4.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Anyone who thinks that we can remain in the titel race with Nketiah as the only CF in the squad until march must be on some strong antidepressants.

Last season we failed to qualify for the Champions League with Eddie up front and Lacazette on the bench , so how the f**k are we going to stay in title race with Eddie up front and 0 other CF's on the bench this time around !? 😂

Go rewatch this seasons away game at Stamford Bridge and ask yourself if Nketiah can dish out a performance like Jesus that day - those kind of games and performances are the reason why we are 5 points clear of City. We won't be in any title race by March with Eddie as the only CF.

We should go after CF 's who can also play as wingers - like João Felix from Atletico Madrid. We shouldn't cheap out now as it didn't work out well for us last time around and missing the Champions League this season would be disastrous.
Eddie did it last season at Stamford Bridge.

Top Bottom