• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: "Goals are not my strong point"

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Reports are stating it was an MCL injury. MCL injuries don't take nearly as long to recover from compared to ACL injuries, as an example. They also don't carry nearly the same long term risks.

Had a mate who tore his MCL. He was back playing football 8 weeks later, without professionally rehabbing it etc. Granted he didn't need surgery for it, but the surgery doesn't add that much to the recovery and Jesus is surrounded by the best physical therapists in the world.

I know "knee ligament injury" sounds scary, but there's genuinely a world of difference between an ACL and MCL tear.
Well I read he broke part of his meniscus too, and that it's not that easy injurie because menisci can't regenerate that easy.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Oh god for the 100th time having more money doesn’t mean always winning in football. You guys do understand Arsenal winning league is no more than a 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 Dog. Those kind of odds hit all the time. Approximately every 4 chances. The best chance in 20 years doesn’t come around often. Stop being defeatist old women. I play poker i have seen dopes hit massive long shots against me when i trap them in 4 to1 long shots all the time. It is called hitting a flush or open end straight. If you don’t have the cajones to gamble at your best shot at title in 20 years you just aren’t cut out for big business or elite sports, Stan isn’t stupid if Edu brings him names he will cut the check. The pot is huge and we got the nut draw, who cares how good City’s hand is, look at the ton of money ie League title in the middle and shove the chips in now
Cause not & yes it's possible we can win the league.
Still think the best chance we had at winning it in recent times by some stretch is the year Leicester won it though.
We are competing so far, tbh we didn't even seriously compete that year & that's what made it so disappointing imho.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Cause not & yes it's possible we can win the league.
Still think the best chance we had at winning it in recent times by some stretch is the year Leicester won it though.
We are competing so far, tbh we didn't even seriously compete that year & that's what made it so disappointing imho.
You make my point for me no one treated that season like potential title challenge in fact we didn’t go top till after the window closed if my memory serves me, so that team wasn’t supported financially like a contender and predictably failed to close the deal when we beat the champs that season twice our defense bungled it against weak sides

Farzad Stoned

Please change the 3 months fantastical return date, the manager says there is no concrete return date. No one not even his doctors know how his body will react to major surgery and if or when he will be the asset we purchased:

I mean i know when i say something i am crazed, but you sexuals got to believe it when Don Mikel says exact same thing. No one knows if and when Jesus will be Jesus again till he gets back to live football months from now. He is effectively done for the season as a rusty Jesus working his body back into shape isn’t going to win us anything either

GoonerJay24

You make my point for me no one treated that season like potential title challenge in fact we didn’t go top till after the window closed if my memory serves me, so that team wasn’t supported financially like a contender and predictably failed to close the deal when we beat the champs that season twice our defense bungled it against weak sides
We lost the league in 2016 because of injuries and partly bad tactics.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No timescale? If the meniscus stuff is true...

Bring Joao (or Leao) home right now.

Tbh as I've said before Joao and Leao don't actually impact our long term transfer business. We needed a 4th quality attacker regardless and they both fit the squad perfectly, especially Felix. Overpay a bit (for whoever) and view it as 'saving the season' tax.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Teams that lose titles due to injury are too thin and don’t spend enough to win the title
Perfect description for our team, too thin, very starter dependan and manager no rotates. Add stupid WC and you get the best recipe for no title.

No spending this winter and recalling Balogun would be the statement that our board is the first that should leave if we want to win something again.

Farzad Stoned

Perfect description for our team, too thin, very starter dependan and manager no rotates. Add stupid WC and you get the best recipe for no title.

No spending this winter and recalling Balogun would be the statement that our board is the first that should leave if we want to win something again.
Exactly this squad was too thin to do anything beyond eeking out top 4 at start of the year. I was calling for 4 to 5 quality ready to play signings at at start of season. We got 2-3 and Saliba back, not enough talent on our bench to win league. We need a massive outlay to not blow this once in decades opportunity. Every big team is in transition and City look complacent and focused on CL.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
How unlikely are we? Jesus barely played, gets injured, and now his country gets knocked out in the game after. I’m pissed.

Bucephalus

Wonder why City never seems to lose due to injury crises or Madrid or PSG?
Players want, in some order of priority: money, minutes, titles, Champions League football.

City have oil money, were about 75% to win the PL at the beginning of the season and near 100% to at least be in the title chase, and a manager so well known for rotating that the fanbase is more inclined to complain about his incessant tinkering.

At the last transfer window we kinda had money (but were more focused on getting rid of the dead wood), no CL, no one even on this board thought there was a remote chance of a title chase, and our manager, while I like him more all the time, is renowned for playing the same eleven.

No kidding we need more and better depth. But where would you have wanted to go last summer if you were likely to be a depth/rotation option: City or Arsenal? I want a Partey backup, who is significantly better than Elneny at worst and able to challenge Partey for minutes at best, just as much as you do. Next summer transfer window, we'll be in a position to be attractive to those players. Last summer transfer window we simply weren't, and there's no point complaining about it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wonder why City never seems to lose due to injury crises or Madrid or PSG?
City have enough squad depth.

You can't compare replacing Foden with Grealish, Dias with Laporte and Haaland with Alvarez to replacing Saliba with Holding, Partey with Elneny and Jesus with Eddie.

Cities bench players walk into almost every other first team in the league.

We needed/need all the cards to fall in our favour to win the league.

At the moment in this world cup we've lost Jesus and White and Tomi seem not in the best of places. Let's hope Haaland injures himself drinking mojitos on the beach although I suspect he's already back in training.

Farzad Stoned

Players want, in some order of priority: money, minutes, titles, Champions League football.

City have oil money, were about 75% to win the PL at the beginning of the season and near 100% to at least be in the title chase, and a manager so well known for rotating that the fanbase is more inclined to complain about his incessant tinkering.

At the last transfer window we kinda had money (but were more focused on getting rid of the dead wood), no CL, no one even on this board thought there was a remote chance of a title chase, and our manager, while I like him more all the time, is renowned for playing the same eleven.

No kidding we need more and better depth. But where would you have wanted to go last summer if you were likely to be a depth/rotation option: City or Arsenal? I want a Partey backup, who is significantly better than Elneny at worst and able to challenge Partey for minutes at best, just as much as you do. Next summer transfer window, we'll be in a position to be attractive to those players. Last summer transfer window we simply weren't, and there's no point complaining about it.
We can’t be a real squad that wins anything if after Partey we have Mo and if Eddie is leading the line. Frankly that team won’t even get top 4. The money and time has been spent. To not strike now while the iron is hot is the grandest of mistakes. We were hobbled by a disastrous WC and we had too thin a squad to begin with. I thought we needed 4-5 quality signings ready to play, how as we were too thin to complete one competition

Latest posts+

Top Bottom