• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What, why does he need PL experiance, and wcost 10 mil less than gabriel?. Such random criteria. Just because we can buy a striker thats not good enough for a price does that mean we should?
Nkunku and Lautauro Martinez would be better signings.
PL experience is a huge plus. If we are signing 1 striker we can't have him adjusting to the league for 3 or 6 months.

Secondly the main reports regarding Jesus have stated around £40m. Hence why I used that figure.

Thirdly neither Nkunku nor Martinez are joining us as we don't offer CL football.

So do you want to try again? Or accept someone like Jesus is about the best we can get?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
PL experience is a huge plus. If we are signing 1 striker we can't have him adjusting to the league for 3 or 6 months.

Secondly the main reports regarding Jesus have stated around £40m. Hence why I used that figure.

Thirdly neither Nkunku nor Martinez are joining us as we don't offer CL football.

So do you want to try again? Or accept someone like Jesus is about the best we can get?
You missed half my post. We could improve other areas for 50 mil more than Jesus would improve us. We shouldn't get a striker just because.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You missed half my post. We could improve other areas for 50 mil more than Jesus would improve us. We shouldn't get a striker just because.
I didn't miss anything. I addressed your points.

So you are suggesting we go into the season with Eddie as our only striker rather than spend 40-50m on Gabi Jesus?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I've been more that critical of Arteta but Jesus, for the position we're in, is an excellent signing. We could easily throw the £100m for Osimhen who then struggles with the Premier League.
Osimhen in fairness looks like a potential monster of a CF, but from what I've seen looks quite raw and very frustrating.
That's why the answer is both... Gabriel as RW adds some goals but without the pressure of having to score everything by his own, because I don't see him as a goalscorer neither. I think they can complement each other very well, like Lukaku and Lautaro did with Inter.

yorch44

There two things I don't like about Gabriel signing. He is not bad obviously, but I don't see him as a great goalscorer. If he comes here to play on the flanks it would be excellent because he contributes with goals but he wouldn't.be our main goalscorer. That's the first, I don't trust him as 9.

But in a good scenario, let's say he make it as 9. Then my problem is the same situation we have with Partey. The massive drop in quality between the starter and the sub. Is Gabriel going to last the 40 or more matches? If he get injured we are going to be stuck with Eddie and say whatever you want abou he not being that bad but he contributes nothing to our building game which is supposed to be the best attributes of Gabriel. Basically we won't have anyone to replace what Gabriel is coming for, which is not being a poacher.

That's why I say Gabriel is completely good signing if get a 9 like Osihmen. They would complement each other very well, or another 9 better than Eddie. Then Eddie can play cups without the pressure of having to score all the goals if GJ gets injured.

We see how bad is that situation with Elneny, next season if Partey and Gabriel get injured at the same time we will lose top4 for that.

So to me, is 2 strikers and the CM. Xhaka can't start another season and Eddie can't be the only sub we have on the striker position.

Gunners1616

I was wondering why City is letting Gabriel leave until i saw some highlights of that Julian Alvarez who will be competing with Haaland for them...

His finishing is outrageous... Haaland + this dude in the best team that's kinda' f'up really. And they still want 50M£ for Gabriel from us...

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I was wondering why City is letting Gabriel leave until i saw some highlights of that Julian Alvarez who will be competing with Haaland for them...

His finishing is outrageous... Haaland + this dude in the best team that's kinda' f'up really. And they still want 50M£ for Gabriel from us...

Looks like a wonderful player, City are going to be scary when he settles..

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Wow, he looks special for sure. Making everything look effortless.

yorch44

Agüero 2.0

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Lmao wtf is this guy… what the hell that finishing is crazy. Guy has shooting power maxed out. Doesn’t fall over either.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
What, why does he need PL experiance, and cost 10 mil less than gabriel?. Such random criteria. Just because we can buy a striker thats not good enough for a price does that mean we should?

Nkunku and Lautauro Martinez would be better signings that would improve us more imo.

We could improve other areas for that money that would make a bigger impact imo. Not just buy whatever is available with a inflated price.

Martinez is around 90m Euros and Nkunku in realistic terms more than 100m.

Just have to agree there that you simply dont make a great point as to why there are so many better strikers our there to sign for that fee.

An PL experience is a big deal, since it lowers the chance of your signing sucking here to a bare minimum. Like 1/3 strikers coming here for a big fee was horrible - and I am speaking for all teams in general.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There two things I don't like about Gabriel signing. He is not bad obviously, but I don't see him as a great goalscorer. If he comes here to play on the flanks it would be excellent because he contributes with goals but he wouldn't.be our main goalscorer. That's the first, I don't trust him as 9.

But in a good scenario, let's say he make it as 9. Then my problem is the same situation we have with Partey. The massive drop in quality between the starter and the sub. Is Gabriel going to last the 40 or more matches? If he get injured we are going to be stuck with Eddie and say whatever you want abou he not being that bad but he contributes nothing to our building game which is supposed to be the best attributes of Gabriel. Basically we won't have anyone to replace what Gabriel is coming for, which is not being a poacher.

That's why I say Gabriel is completely good signing if get a 9 like Osihmen. They would complement each other very well, or another 9 better than Eddie. Then Eddie can play cups without the pressure of having to score all the goals if GJ gets injured.

We see how bad is that situation with Elneny, next season if Partey and Gabriel get injured at the same time we will lose top4 for that.

So to me, is 2 strikers and the CM. Xhaka can't start another season and Eddie can't be the only sub we have on the striker position.
The last 24 hours have been very telling. I have a lot of optimisim we are spending big money this season. If we are bringing in people like Martinez and Vieira to increase our options (and for big money too), then it would be surprising if we dont bring in another CF or at least a goalscoring wide option to help alleviate the burden on Jesus for goals. Time will tell I suppose.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't want to piss on your parade bob. But Tielemans only costs "just" 30m because he's in the last year of his contract, last year you'd have to double that at least especially seeing how Leicester paid 45m for him themselves.

Jesus was linked to us for a few months and the early fees bandied about felt about right for a player of his current level with a year on his contract. Of course everything's relative but your explanation could just as well be used if City asked for 100m. He didn't start for them last season and they just bought Haaland for the same fee they're asking for the guy who'll probably get LC games this season, if paying 50m+ for him is fine with you then go ahead be as #positive as you want to be.
Ill be positive :lol:

Alexis Sanchez 2.0 incoming.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Holy wow.

Right foot left foot didn't think he had a header in him then he popped up with a header. Is he gonna be at City next season?

Domlouis

Two things to consider:
How many shot has he had to take to score these goals? If it is one in 20 then not great. It needs to be put in perspective. If it is 1 in 2, then amazing.
And the other one is that in a passing team like man city, it looks to me that he might not fit in: there are several of these goals where someone was better placed than him and he should have passed but he didn't.
Having said that, left foot, right foot, header, he seems to be able to score them all. Scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom