• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I rather have Osimhen for 70 than Jesus for 50. He is a good player. But we need a goalscorer. And I don’t think he is a great scorer
Where are you getting that Osimhen would cost 70 million pounds? He has 3 years in contract and Napoli paid 75 million euros to get him. They're in UCL.

All the rumours I have seen are that Napoli wants at least 100 million euros. So what you're saying is a pipe dream comparison about fees which has no basis in reality.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'd rather take Jesus over Osimhen. Osinhem isn't a proven goalscorer in the PL, Jesus is and Osinhem gives me serious donkey vibes. Jesus link up play is levels above
13, 7, 14,9 and 8 league goals in the most creative team in England. I would hardly say those stats are proven goalscorer. Even DCL has better goal record

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
13, 7, 14,9 and 8 league goals in the most creative team in England. I would hardly say those stats are proven goalscorer. Even DCL has better goal record

If a proven scorer is what your after, why do you want Osimhen?

drippin

Jesus has never played over 2059 EPL minutes in a season. He has always had ~1000-2000 minutes. This has to be taken into account when you look at his numbers.

If I remember correctly, he has something like a point per 103 minutes in EPL on average overall. Which is very good. He also doesn't take many penalties in that team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Jesus has never played over 2059 EPL minutes in a season. He has always had ~1000-2000 minutes. This has to be taken into account when you look at his numbers.

If I remember correctly, he has something like a point per 103 minutes in EPL on average overall. Which is very good. He also doesn't take many penalties in that team.
Ok so stats matter now. But when stats about Ramsdale being the 5th worst keeper in Europe top 5 league and has the highest difference in the pl between conceded goals and goals conceded then stats don’t tell the story

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

You're not accounting for minutes per goal or the fact he's largely played on the wing and he typically averages less than 2 shots per game. Also I came across this, not sure how accurate it is

FVHEjWUWUAAZUsM.thumb.jpeg.2836356fffadfadfbd2c780535a5250c.jpeg

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Ok so stats matter now. But when stats about Ramsdale being the 5th worst keeper in Europe top 5 league and has the highest difference in the pl between conceded goals and goals conceded then stats don’t tell the story
That was very kind of you of to point out your own hypocrisy like that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You're not accounting for minutes per goal or the fact he's largely played on the wing and he typically averages less than 2 shots per game. Also I came across this, not sure how accurate it is

FVHEjWUWUAAZUsM.thumb.jpeg.2836356fffadfadfbd2c780535a5250c.jpeg
He largely played in the wing because he is better on the wing. And he plays on the wing for club and country. He also plays for city as an attacker and plays most of their easy games. In his 8 league goals in 28 this season. 4 came in 1 game against Watford. He is a good little player. But I don’t see him getting 20 league goals, nor do I see him playing centrally for long

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He largely played in the wing because he is better on the wing. And he plays on the wing for club and country. He also plays for city as an attacker and plays most of their easy games. In his 8 league goals in 28 this season. 4 came in 1 game against Watford. He is a good little player. But I don’t see him getting 20 league goals, nor do I see him playing centrally for long

He scores more as a CF though and he scores at a higher goals per minutes when he starts. Also scores loads of headers. City fans are saying they think he'll blow up with more game time and being the main man. Let's say he starts 36 games or so, I can see him getting 15-20 goals. Plus he helps ESR, Saka and Ode score more at the same time.

drippin

Still you don't take into account minutes played, but mention only games played. Which doesn't give an accurate picture.

Also to me it looks like he plays about half and half as CF and RW for Brazil.

For City he has played 187 games as a CF and 19 games RW and 17 games LW.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Isn’t Jesus a bit old for Tets. Or am I not understanding ‘The Process‘ part 2. Or has this moved on to part 3. I’m sure there’s an Arteta stan who can explain the nuances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom