• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Very nice deal. Realistically about as well as we could've done in that position. I look forward to seeing him play for us.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Always makes me wary when I see people using the number of PL goals scored and not take into account games played or use appearances instead of minutes. He's never started on more than 60% of games throughout his whole time there, he would start week in week out here.

Feels like people are gearing up their agenda for next season rather than trying to have a discussion. Much better arguments to be made if you're not feeling the signing, like him underperforming his XG or coming to a team that creates less.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
G.Jesus will be the main man here so it'll be interesting how he handle that there will alot of exciting players create chances for him saka Ødegaard Vieira and Raphinha still nowhere near what he had at city De Bruyne B.Silva Mahrez and Sterling.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We're getting a guy who's played 200 odd games for a title challenging side by the age of 25. I think you'd have to be very picky to complain about this deal. Every player is different but in theory he hasn't hit his prime yet.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We're getting a guy who's played 200 odd games for a title challenging side by the age of 25. I think you'd have to be very picky to complain about this deal. Every player is different but in theory he hasn't hit his prime yet.

Think what we see is what we're getting, a high intensity player who isn't really that clinical, but is talented and suits the plan the manager has for us.

Personally I don't feel he'll become a 30 goal a season striker, and there are so few of them out there, but I do think he adds a lot to the team in terms of movement and versatility.

Wonder what the expectations for him are for this season? I'd say 25 g/a in the league?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Screenshot-20220626-191347.png

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't even think I subscribe to the notion that Jesus will be the "main man" here.

He will be the starting CF, no doubt, but he is a fluid, mobile attacker. I think a lot of his role will be combining with the other attacking players we're going to have. He will bring a lot more than goals.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think what we see is what we're getting, a high intensity player who isn't really that clinical, but is talented and suits the plan the manager has for us.

Personally I don't feel he'll become a 30 goal a season striker, and there are so few of them out there, but I do think he adds a lot to the team in terms of movement and versatility.

Wonder what the expectations for him are for this season? I'd say 25 g/a in the league?

Right now I'd probably say 10-15 goals in the league would be a starting target and I think he'd have done well with that, with the assumption that the likes of Raphinha/Saka/Gabi can hopefully chip in with 10+ as well.

I think he'll be quite suited to doing all the dirty work as well, dropping deep, linking up, creating space for the wide players.

blrgooner

Established Member
Don't even think I subscribe to the notion that Jesus will be the "main man" here.

He will be the starting CF, no doubt, but he is a fluid, mobile attacker. I think a lot of his role will be combining with the other attacking players we're going to have. He will bring a lot more than goals.
Exactly. And that is the reason it's silly to go on and on about how he is not a clinical striker who will get 20+goals etc. I think he will help us get more goals as a team and that's more relevant then individual numbers. Love this signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom