• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s a good player and it’s obviously not a Willian type situation, but buying Jesus straight after they buy Haaland, can anyone really argue that’s anything other than an elite sport version of taking someone’s else’s unwanted car cos they just upgraded to a new model?

If everyone agreed we had to stop doing that with Chelsea then why is it ok to do it again with City?
If I've learnt something from the guys we've purchased is Mikel and company know what they are doing. Additionally, he worked with Jesus while at City and this gives me even more confidence.
Some guy compared his numbers with Kane's and they sort of matched in minutes vs goal contributions.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He averages a goal or assist every 104 minutes in the Premier League since he moved to City. If you can get a full injury free season out of him you’d be looking at 25-30 G/A. He’s also missed 69 big chances so imagine if you could get him finishing a bit better!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You could argue hes a Pepe replacement who can play across the front line, no brainer imo.
Can't say I've watched him that much to know if he can play on the wings. Never liked the idea of CF playing wide as it hurts our creativity and buildup play

GLITCH

He averages a goal or assist every 104 minutes in the Premier League since he moved to City. If you can get a full injury free season out of him you’d be looking at 25-30 G/A. He’s also missed 69 big chances so imagine if you could get him finishing a bit better!
But don't City create way more big chances than us for him to even waste that many? I know we've wasted a lot too, but still.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Eddie signs, would it not be better for the squad to sign a more traditional wide player as opposed to GJ? Feel style wise they're quite similar players (GJ obviously better). A Gnabry homecoming would be class...

Pyres7

But don't City create way more big chances than us for him to even waste that many? I know we've wasted a lot too, but still.
He'd definitely need to be a lot more clinical at Arsenal.

At City you can afford to miss a big chance knowing that De Bruyne/Silva & co will will another one on a plate for you again anyway.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If Eddie signs, would it not be better for the squad to sign a more traditional wide player as opposed to GJ? Feel style wise they're quite similar players (GJ obviously better). A Gnabry homecoming would be class...

Don't think we're offering Eddie a new contract are we?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We're definitely trying by the sounds of it. Don't think he'll sign though, seems to want guarantees about playing time (fair play to him).

I haven't seen any reports but I imagine it's rumors based on his recent form. He won't sign though imo.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I haven't seen any reports but I imagine it's rumors based on his recent form. He won't sign though imo.

John Cross put out something yesterday saying we’re offering by to make him a “big earner” but it seems like bollocks. Ornstein said we haven’t offered fresh terms.

Whatever happens it seems like he’ll go, especially if the Ghana stuff is true. Seems to have eyes on going to the World Cup and he’d need to play to do that.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agreed, in which case GJ becomes a no brainer. I think we're stronger next season though if we can add a Tammy/Osimhen type and a wide player whilst extending Eddie. Interesting to see how it pans out.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I like a lot of his game but we already have players in our attack who bring everything but goals.

Saka/Jesus/Martinelli isn’t that big of a step up on Saka/Nketiah/Martinelli in terms of output.
Don't know what you've been watching, but Saka has 11 goals in EPL, ESR has 10 and Martinelli 5. And they will very likely get better as they're so young.

For comparison at City Mahrez has 11 goals in EPL and Sterling has 12 goals.

Jesus is better than Pepe. He is also better than Laca and can likely get better into shooting positions with his acceleration.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't know what you've been watching, but Saka has 11 goals in EPL, ESR has 10 and Martinelli 5. And they will very likely get better as they're so young.

For comparison at City Mahrez has 11 goals in EPL and Sterling has 12 goals.

Jesus is better than Pepe. He is also better than Laca and can likely get better into shooting positions with his acceleration.
Too Long. Did Not Read.

Tom349

Abramah/Osimhem = Aubamayeng replacement.
Eddie = Lacazette replacement.
Jesus = Martinelli/ESR replacement or more to the point pushing those two in particular to up their game. For instance Martinelli who has effectively taken over ESR spot in the side in the second half of the season has 1 goal in 19 games. That level of output isn't anywhere near good enough for a CL side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom