• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We could go for a cheaper striker along with Jesus. If Leeds go down, I heard a rumour that Bamford, Phillips and Raphinha all have less than 30 million relegation clauses.

So Jesus and Bamford for example would be okay, if we use the money on another midfielder upgrade. Again it all depends on our funds.

What I do think and hope, after last summer being some proof of it, is that Kroenke has now realized that we need to really improve the team now, so not to drop to be only an UEL club. So I assume they will use funds next summer, especially if we get UCL.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah fair point but all strikers get injuries at some point in their careers. Doesn't mean they should be written off. Just think his all round game is better than DCL. Ideally we go for someone of a higher calibre, but who?

Osimhen? Napoli will demand 85mil. Cannot see us splashing that. We are not a Utd or a Chelsea who just throw money around hoping some of it sticks. Our signings seem to be a lot more considered & planned.

Will be an interesting watch, as the striker market is quite condensed. If Arteta wants DCL tho, he must see enough in him to think he'll fit the system & add the goals. Im not convinced by him tho.
Bamford or Osimhen? What is our end goal? Balance the books and make the CL spending as little as possible? The whole purpose of getting to CL was we would attract better players and spend more money. If all this work and the reward is to get players we could get if we even finished 10th then what’s the point? We can afford Osimhen. We are a wealthy club

drippin

Bamford or Osimhen? What is our end goal? Balance the books and make the CL spending as little as possible? The whole purpose of getting to CL was we would attract better players and spend more money. If all this work and the reward is to get players we could get if we even finished 10th then what’s the point? We can afford Osimhen. We are a wealthy club
I have opted for Osimhen in my speculations.

But the other option is to upgrade our starting midfield and depth fully.

All depends on the funds, which is mostly speculation on our part.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We could go for a cheaper striker along with Jesus. If Leeds go down, I heard a rumour that Bamford, Phillips and Raphinha all have less than 30 million relegation clauses.

So Jesus and Bamford for example would be okay, if we use the money on another midfielder upgrade. Again it all depends on our funds.
Relegation clauses like that are normally pretty rare aren't they? Sounds a bit unlikely, but if it was true then Phillips would be the pick of that bunch (on the basis that you could keep Nketiah and Raphinha wouldn't be needed if Jesus came in). Phillips and Tielemans together would be a cracking set of midfield squad additions.

drippin

Relegation clauses like that are normally pretty rare aren't they? Sounds a bit unlikely, but if it was true then Phillips would be the pick of that bunch (on the basis that you could keep Nketiah and Raphinha wouldn't be needed if Jesus came in). Phillips and Tielemans together would be a cracking set of midfield squad additions.
I think Raphinha goes to Barcelona, and not needed if we get Jesus. And I hated his whining against us.

Phillips yeah, I would buy him for cheap to upgrade our midfield. He is another great option in the summer. There are plenty so we should make very good use of it hopefully. This is why I'm fine with Jesus and a cheaper striker if there are not enough funds otherwise.

Lyon also is out of European football next season, so those midfielders with 1-2 years in contract are nice bargains.

Leeds are in deep ****.

"Leeds United could lose Kalvin Phillips, Patrick Bamford and Raphinha for a combined total of £90million in the summer due to relegation release clauses in their contracts, according to the Daily Mail."

Barry

Lyon also is out of European football next season, so those midfielders with 1-2 years in contract are nice bargains.

Yeah, Lyon are another team to keep an eye on for sure. Paqueta is near the top of my wish list signings... Would be a real quality addition but he has a similar role to Tielemans so we wouldn't go for both.

drippin

Yeah, Lyon are another team to keep an eye on for sure. Paqueta is near the top of my wish list signings... Would be a real quality addition but he has a similar role to Tielemans so we wouldn't go for both.
Yeah, I think they want to opt for EPL proven players if possible.

Barry

Yeah, I think they want to opt for EPL proven players if possible.
Can't argue with it either, especially if those players are available at sensible fees. It's the smart strategy this summer to (hopefully) cement top 4

Goonger

Can see Newcastle going big for Paqueta in the summer.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
50-60m
crying-big-ed.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Definitely not going to be cost 50-60M. If he has 2+ years then yeah it could cost that amount but not when his agent already giving big signals of his client leaving and his client have 1 year left.

Man city are good when selling but they aren't really desperate for money and already bought Alvarez and Haaland anything between 35-40M and they selling.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
60m euros is not far from his market value with 3 years left on his deal.

He’s defo more in the 40-50m range right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom