• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
If we can negotiate that down to 40-45m then that would be a good deal. At the end of the day, it's not my money so I don't really care. The squad needs high quality starting players and has to improve rapidly.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
55m is just too much man. They trying to discourage us from getting him.

Definitely not the only forward, we need two more after.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why isn‘t he willing to see out the last year of his contract? Would make sense for him
Because he already has more money than he could ever spend in his lifetime and he knows he will get a signing on fee, and big wages on a new contract at his next club. This also won't be his last big contract unlike the likes of players in their late 20s. He probably doesn't want to clean Haalands boots for the next 12 months either.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why isn‘t he willing to see out the last year of his contract? Would make sense for him
Because he already has more money than he could ever spend in his lifetime and he knows he will get a signing on fee, and big wages on a new contract at his next club. This also won't be his last big contract unlike the likes of players in their late 20s. He probably doesn't want to clean Haalands boots for the next 12 months either.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Anything around 50M is a great price. As a free agent he’ll go to Real, Barca or Juventus.
Just selling to a PL club will increase his premium, then on top of that supposedly they hate Arsenal cause of the way we fobbed them off with the Sanchez deal and the way we negotiated the Arteta deal so that will probably add another bit of premium on top.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Probably one of those players where you look at other factors like who else is available on the market. Yeah we’d over pay for the player based on contract but you can argue he’d be better than most were linked with for a similar price.

Remember AM were happy for 75M Isak so not sure about the tears for fiddy milk Jesus.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There's no team game in this system. We create sod all. We need someone who can drag us to a result sometimes.
Who's to say Jesus doesn't find himself here? I doubt he will be a 25 PL goal a season striker but maybe he can get close to 17-18 while contributing to the wide players getting more.

I just don't see a better alternative for the price quoted. Forget about how long he has left. Gabby Jesus at around 40m give or take a few million is as good as we may get.

We aren't a big club to attract Haaland/Mbappe etc.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Who's to say Jesus doesn't find himself here? I doubt he will be a 25 PL goal a season striker but maybe he can get close to 17-18 while contributing to the wide players getting more.

I just don't see a better alternative for the price quoted. Forget about how long he has left. Gabby Jesus at around 40m give or take a few million is as good as we may get.

We aren't a big club to attract Haaland/Mbappe etc.
Just don't know how much upside is given his age and how hungry will he be given the success City has had!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Just don't know how much upside is given his age and how hungry will he be given the success City has had!
Firstly he's just turned 25. Entering his prime.

Secondly it seems he wants to move now. Although he knows he will play 25/30 games for City, probably pick up a couple of medals and would get a huge offer in 12 months as a free agent.

That doesn't sound like a player who isn't hungry. Sounds like a player sick of being just one of the others. And he wants to be the main man. To feel love and importance. To be the protagonist in something.

When we think of similar players or availability in the PL.

DCL
Richarlson
Bamford
Watkins

Each of them would cost between 30-40m or more. Similar age to Jesus. However I wouldn't take any one of them over Gabi.

Obviously you can look abroad. But who? Most of the players of similar level are the same price and have to adapt to the league, culture etc.

For me Jesus at 40-45m is an absolute no brainer. We would still need a proper number 9 but in Jesus we have a player who can play across the front 3, sellable asset in 3 years, won't be looking 350k a week and has worked with Arteta before etc.

SK___

... a random Arsenal tweet 📰

... an Arsenal supporter responds 👨

... tHe ARteTA fAN 🤪
why do people take such pride with the current ****ery? are these people so used to never having anything great in their lives? not even casuals pay attention to our affairs anymore… I promise you, these kind of man marry/court with the first person to pay them attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom