• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gn1212

Remember we have lost Auba, Lacazette and Eddie likely remains. So we would need to replace those two. Jesus alone would not be enough cover for a season IMO.

I’d say another forward in addition to Jesus is on the cards, and Pepe’s departure would bring in a further option.
Only if Eddie leaves though.
Martinelli is treated as someone who can fill in up top, and I presume Pepe's replacement (Gakpo maybe?) will be able to do so too.

I don't doubt we're gonna spend this summer but this window will probably go down like last summer. 4-6 players in, ~150m spent.
If we sign 2-3 top forwards then that will pretty much take all of our budget.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Only if Eddie leaves though.
Martinelli is treated as someone who can fill in up top, and I presume Pepe's replacement (Gakpo maybe?) will be able to do so too.

I don't doubt we're gonna spend this summer but this window will probably go down like last summer. 4-6 players in, ~150m spent.
If we sign 2-3 top forwards then that will pretty much take all of our budget.

I hear where you coming from, and it’s probably likely what you saying here.

If we don’t significantly improve our forward line we are not going to compete next season. I hope that you are wrong , and we do bring in the needed numbers upfront and in midfield to continue our squad.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why is it even a debate that we need more than one forward? We literally don’t have any strikers under contract. Even if Nketiah stayed we’d need two strikers/forwards

teamsoutheast

Bare in mind also we have Reiss Nelson coming back this summer (a year older) and the club want to take another look at him. We can't rule him out for a potential role as a forward maybe to replace Pepe who I believe will be going this summer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Bare in mind also we have Reiss Nelson coming back this summer (a year older) and the club want to take another look at him. We can't rule him out for a potential role as a forward maybe to replace Pepe who I believe will be going this summer.

Why would Nelson come back here to sit on the bench again? Jesus basically replaces Pepe as well. He’ll play CF and be next in line for the wide positions, or possibly even start on the left if we sign another CF.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I still feel 50 million pounds is just a silly amount for someone in their last year. He should be costing around 35 million pounds at the highest.
As I said before we need to forget about this idea that 1 year on a contract means the fee can't go above x y or z.

Jesus with 2 years left on his contract is easily a 60-70m player.

1 year left probably 40-45m.

When you factor in we are buying from one of the richest clubs in the world, who actually don't want to sell him then you can't expect a bargain.

If he was going for 25-30m there would be 10+ clubs after him. And some big ones at that.

The fee will probably fall around 40-45m which is great. This is a player who most of the Blue Moon forum seem to want to keep. A lot seem to say they would prefer to sell Sterling and Mahrez before Jesus.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he's our main striker signing it's a disaster imo. I'm really now leaning towards makings big effort for Tammy then bring in a first 11 left winger. Gnabry would be amazing.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If he's our main striker signing it's a disaster imo. I'm really now leaning towards makings big effort for Tammy then bring in a first 11 left winger. Gnabry would be amazing.
I don't think he will be the main striker. There's 0 chance we don't sign 2 strikers this summer.

If Laca and Eddie leave which I think they will we would have 0 strikers. That's impossible for a club to work with. I reckon we will work front to back this summer.

2 strikers
CM
Competent fullback to compete for places

After that whatever we can pick up in terms of opportunist signings or squad builders that will be it.

Goonger

Gabby Jesus will not be our only FW signing. Remember we have lost Aubameyang, Lacazette and possibly Nketiah and Pepe as well. So we’ll likely add more, like a Tammy/Osimhen/Darwin, Nketiah replacement (hopefully Toney), and a Pepe replacement (Sterling, Gapko, Gnabry).

Jesus is a striker yes, who we’d expect to contribute to goal scoring. He’s also a creative player in the final third, and his ability to drop in midfield and link up play is another key reason we are signing him.

Think about what Lacazette did for us this season, that’s what Jesus is coming to do. With pace and power to run in behind as well.

Must admit SA, like others I'm concerned we don't have the money for an out and out forward if we sign Jesus.

I totally agree we need another forward, 1 with more physicality ideally just to give us that option, but from what I see & read everything seems its about 1 striker.

Ideally you talk about 2 forwards, another winger, 2 midfielders & at least 1 full back.
My worry is that might be toned down now.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Must admit SA, like others I'm concerned we don't have the money for an out and out forward if we sign Jesus.

I totally agree we need another forward, 1 with more physicality ideally just to give us that option, but from what I see & read everything seems its about 1 striker.

Ideally you talk about 2 forwards, another winger, 2 midfielders & at least 1 full back.
My worry is that might be toned down now.

Lets hope not mate.

We need a forward line that can score goals, and we need a midfield and backline to support us getting into good areas on the pitch and staying there.

Its a concern for me if we arent strong in this market because that would definitely translate to us falling behind next season. We had a bare bones setup this year because we could get away with it. With our added schedules we arent going to be able to repeat this season's performance, even for 5th place IMO.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think he will be the main striker. There's 0 chance we don't sign 2 strikers this summer.

If Laca and Eddie leave which I think they will we would have 0 strikers. That's impossible for a club to work with. I reckon we will work front to back this summer.

2 strikers
CM
Competent fullback to compete for places

After that whatever we can pick up in terms of opportunist signings or squad builders that will be it.

I don't know, I hope you're right but I don't trust this club to do what's required in the window, especially with Arteta and Edu in charge. I really fear we will see a load of Arteta vanity/ego signings again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't know, I hope you're right but I don't trust this club to do what's required in the window, especially with Arteta and Edu in charge. I really fear we will see a load of Arteta vanity/ego signings again.
I dunno. I just don't see why we wouldn't sign 2 strikers. I think we need fullbacks and a CM.

However I could see him saying I will stick with Soares and say Hickey for fullback if needed and go all out with the budget for 2 strikers and a CM.

If this season hasn't shown Mikel that we need option across the front line then he is beyond help.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Three strikers are leaving, they’ll obviously bring in a couple. The bigger question is the standard of the second one if we assume Jesus is one of the two. Will it be someone like Calvert-Lewin who you probably get on the cheap or Tammy Abraham who’ll cost you £60m?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dunno. I just don't see why we wouldn't sign 2 strikers. I think we need fullbacks and a CM.

However I could see him saying I will stick with Soares and say Hickey for fullback if needed and go all out with the budget for 2 strikers and a CM.

If this season hasn't shown Mikel that we need option across the front line then he is beyond help.

This is what we should be doing anyway imo. Arteta has been given enough opportunities to piss around signing fullbacks, 3 out of the 4 we currently have our his signings, he should make do with them. If we have to bring Hickey in so be it, but if we waste time and effort trying to replace Cedric and Nuno with other back ups I'm gonna lose it.

In an ideal world Eddie resigns and we spend the money on a starting CF and LW, then have Eddie/Martinelli/ESR off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom