• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
We need two forwards, I favour Jesus and Abraham while extending Nketiah if he is happy with a rotation role.

Jesus Abraham Saka

Martinelli Nketiah ESR

That looks like a varied front 6 with plenty of energy and competition for places.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
We need two forwards, I favour Jesus and Abraham while extending Nketiah if he is happy with a rotation role.

Jesus Abraham Saka

Martinelli Nketiah ESR

That looks like a varied front 6 with plenty of energy and competition for places.
Yes. Martinell is not good enough to be #1 option He should cover up for someone better if we're serious

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we are signing both Jesus and Tammy, then we don't need Eddie to extend.

Jesus and Tammy will start on the left and upfront, Martinelli can be used as our back up winger and striker to make sure he gets the minutes deserves.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If we are signing both Jesus and Tammy, then we don't need Eddie to extend.

Jesus and Tammy will start on the left and upfront, Martinelli can be used as our back up winger and striker to make sure he gets the minutes deserves.
Going into a season where we are likely to play 50+ games with Europe I would be very reluctant to only have 5 forwards for 3 places. The 6th player doesn't have to be Nketiah, we could sign another wide forward option instead.

I like Eddie though, his pressing, movement and finishing are all good and getting better all the time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Going into a season where we are likely to play 50+ games with Europe I would be very reluctant to only have 5 forwards for 3 places. The 6th player doesn't have to be Nketiah, we could sign another wide forward option instead.

I like Eddie though, his pressing, movement and finishing are all good and getting better all the time.

Gonna be tough to attract anyone though, don't you think?

If we do sign Jesus and Tammy, those 2 start every week...along with Ødegaard and Saka, in our front 4...ESR and Gabby are already here, but both can play well in 2 positions, so will still get plenty of minutes too and Balogun might be our cup striker next season aswell...if this scenario plays out.

Can't see how we can attract someone of enough quality, knowing how little they will play and how much we will have already spent...would rather keep Pepe in that instance, as we aren't getting much money for him anyway, so having him as an option would be maybe the best thing to do next year.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Jesus Abraham Saka

Martinelli Nketiah ESR

My issue with this is why sign Jesus to play him out of position, especially if Eddie resigns? Why not just go for a proper wide player?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bare in mind also we have Reiss Nelson coming back this summer (a year older) and the club want to take another look at him. We can't rule him out for a potential role as a forward maybe to replace Pepe who I believe will be going this summer.
Rises nelson is trash. There are better players than him in the u23. He will get another loan

3 forwards leaving most likely

Jesus in, Balogun and Berieth to be promoted and given the 'Nketiah' roles in europe and cup comps, and a target man most likely, out of the options discussed I'd like to see us go for Tammy, Toney or Schlick in that order, will all be below 50m, not prolific, but we are looking for a Lacazette type striker who can add 15 goals, but most importantly link the midfield to attack and will mean Saka and ESR goal output will only increase

So likely solve our striker issues with less than 100m outlay, leaving circa 50-100m on filling in the midfield and full back options (Hickey sounds like a done deal)

Given we've had an offer of 90m rejected for Osimhen I can't see us going any higher, but it at least shows ambition in our transfer budget

Only concern is if we also need to add in a centre back if Gabriel/Saliba rumours are true, I'm certain they are both newspaper talk, because those 3 competing for the positions or even playing a 3 at the back pushes us up a level

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What is a "proper wide player" in today's game? Jesus starts more games out wide than he does centrally for City.

Pace, runs in behind, 1v1 ability. I don't think Jesus excels in any of these area's really, although he is a very good player. He can play wide for City, not sure he'd have the same effect there at Arsenal.

GLITCH

Can they stop copying us? . Such lazy club we want Tielemans they want him too after a week we want G.Jesus they want him too now.
They really believe there has been a "powershift". By targeting players we want, and trying to use UCL to their advantage, they can make it seem like there is one. Even if they did get Jesus, it'll be because he wants to play in the CL, not because he wants to play for Sp**s. On equal footing, I believe he'd choose us over them. Heck, he still might, which would be hilarious.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They really believe there has been a "powershift". By targeting players we want, and trying to use UCL to their advantage, they can make it seem like there is one. Even if they did get Jesus, it'll be because he wants to play in the CL, not because he wants to play for Sp**s. On equal footing, I believe he'd choose us over them.
He already did chose us. targeting Jesus when you have Kane Son and Kulusevski is stupid where he'd play?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They really believe there has been a "powershift". By targeting players we want, and trying to use UCL to their advantage, they can make it seem like there is one. Even if they did get Jesus, it'll be because he wants to play in the CL, not because he wants to play for Sp**s. On equal footing, I believe he'd choose us over them. Heck, he still might, which would be hilarious.

They've finished above us for 6 straight seasons now, think it might be time for Arsenal to wake up and smell the coffee. They're 100% on par with us now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They've finished above us for 6 straight seasons now, think it might be time for Arsenal to wake up and smell the coffee. They're 100% on par with us now.
This is thier golden era and i give them that let's them enjoy it meanwhile we were in decline since 2017 and start rebuild but that's about it in thier golden era they win total of zero trophies. Also players will easily chose us and manutd who are not that good nowadays over them any day.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is thier golden era and i give them that let's them enjoy it meanwhile we were in decline since 2017 and start rebuild but that's about it in thier golden era they win total of zero trophies. Also players will easily chose us and manutd who are not that good nowadays over them any day.

Is there anything to suggest that this "golden era" won't continue for the next few years? By the sounds of it they're going to back a world class manager with the players he wants.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
if Tammy exits Roma is there not a good chance its back to Chelsea? they have some sort of buy back & the Lukaku project feels doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom