• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Will score roughly the same number of goals as saka. Worried about the nketiah and jesus striker force for next season.

balthazar

Will score roughly the same number of goals as saka. Worried about the nketiah and jesus striker force for next season.
Maybe Nuno can be converted to a striker. Would be a worthwhile project. An athletic specimen and has a powerful shot like Koeman. Too bad be can't play football.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Maybe Nuno can be converted to a striker. Would be a worthwhile project. An athletic specimen and has a powerful shot like Koeman. Too bad be can't play football.
He is an awesome athlete - that's why I can understand the signing given the raw potential Arsenal saw in him (given the small fee). But he needs a lot of coaching and probably wasnt ready to be a backup to an always injured Tierney.

Too easy to say he doesn't score enough at City, when he's been deployed through the middle he's been pretty prolific, better than 1 in 2, the problem is he has a coach who usually likes to have a false nine and he invariably plays out wide, which when you compare his figures to Saka's is pretty impressive

In our system I think he can work, particularly with his versatility and with him, Saka and Martinelli they are all interchangeable and comfortable playing anywhere across the front 3

I'll be disappointed if he's the only forward addition, but if we can add a target man in the mould of Toney/Abraham/Schlick I'll be very confident in us improving our numbers considerably

We have more games to play next season, and hopefully be pushing on all fronts to get top 4 and a trophy, we need strength in depth and versatility, the 5 sub rule is also going to be important next season and right now we're at a massive disadvantage with our bench options

MA08

When you he does not score enough at City, you should understand that they have so many goal scorers in that team. Everyone in the front 6 can score goals from open play. It is that good a team. You can check KDB's stats and you will see Bruno being better(statistically) than him. That is because they have too many creators in the side that it is a shared burden, unlike at United

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
40-50M for G. Jesus is a abit pricey but justifiable. This report combining Mirror's reporting the club's 2nd attempt to get Morata at 25M. So 75M in adding two experienced elite strikers is not a bad investment. The rest of the budget should go to the reinforcement of CM and FB.

MikeVinna

Established Member
40-50M for G. Jesus is a abit pricey but justifiable. This report combining Mirror's reporting the club's 2nd attempt to get Morata at 25M. So 75M in adding two experienced elite strikers is not a bad investment. The rest of the budget should go to the reinforcement of CM and FB.

I’d say anything over 40M is ridiculous. He’s good but certainly not elite. 30-35 would be good business. He’s only got one year on his current deal..

And we shouldn’t go near Morata. Rather play Nketiah.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Frankly, 25M for Morata in January was ok to fill the void left by Auba. But make this move in this summer might be deemed as lack of ambition. It just begs questions why not get him on loan. Anyway it's all water under the bridge now.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I’d say anything over 40M is ridiculous. He’s good but certainly not elite. 30-35 would be good business. He’s only got one year on his current deal..

And we shouldn’t go near Morata. Rather play Nketiah.
When did 40m buy you an elite striker? Chris Wood went for about 25m. Ollie Watkins was signed from the Championship for 28m.

People saying 35m would be good business but maybe 7m more would be ridiculous. 7m in football is **** all. And if we have to pay 7m more to get someone like Gabi Jesus instead of ending up with someone like some mid 20 bum who has scored 15 goals in France then so be it.

There's very few question marks if any over Gabi Jesus. It's complete opportunity as City wouldnt sell to Liverpool or Chelsea, the player wouldn't move to United but seems to want to stay in the PL. A deal we should get done.

Tom Mix

I don't think 40m is a bad fee for him even if I think we need a central striker more. Please don't compare his stats to Saka though, it's a totally false analogy when ne has been playing for a dominant team which won the league and scored like a 100 goals whereas the other plays for a team which lost consecutive games against Palace, Brighton and Southampton.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Frankly, 25M for Morata in January was ok to fill the void left by Auba. But make this move in this summer might be deemed as lack of ambition. It just begs questions why not get him on loan. Anyway it's all water under the bridge now.

Morata as a second choice or rotational option would be pretty good. Okay he's not prolific but his all round game, ability to beat his man, link up and hold up play all really helps his team if he's as good as used to be. Plus he brings plenty of experience, which is helpful.

If you want strikers who are going to come deep and get involved in building up attacks both Jesus and Morata offer abilities on the ball most pure number 9s don't offer. And this all helps your team create more and gives other attacking players more goal scoring opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom