• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Or he has several offers and hasn't decided?

In that situation its up to us to convince him that Arsenal is the right place for him. We have talked with his agent for around 4 months so i guess convincing isnt Edus strongest side.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Man city good at selling they forcing us to pay the G.Jesus true valuation. Still believe this one will be done around 40M G.Jesus want to come here helping us to negotiate lower fee

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Let's hope no more waiting and we can get those 2 deals done before July. Good start. It'll give us good time to get winger and LB done next

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Wonder who other targets might be. Scamacca looks like going to PSG. Who would be next on the list, Calvert-Lewin??
I'll be a bit sad if we miss out in Scammaca for less than £40m. Feel like he might be a bargain in today's striker market. Hlozek, Tielemans, Bissouma & Scamacca would have been nice business.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Tielemans and Jesus for 70m is actually decent we still have alot to spend and we haven't made our poverty sales yet. Remember it's installments don't let these big fees fool you.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Whats our budget according to reliable sources?
Hard to say what reliable sources are these days.

I reckon we will have around 100m plus player sales. Jesus+Tielemans+Hickey would be the budget done.

Maybe one more decent signing would be possible with the Leno, Pepe, Guendouzi (done) money.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
My take is that during winter Kroenke told Arteta to trim fat from squad which meant player loans & sales, & money would be made available in summer.

I'd wager that plans were made for UCL quali....
STR x 2
MF x 2
LCB
LB
RW

I'm not sure if they had a plan for EL, but if they did I cant believe it involved extending Eddie & Mo as they were nowhere near 1st team during the winter...

I reckon offering Eddie & Mo is just a way of maximising current squad & at the same time being able to bring in

STR x 1
RW
MF x 1
LB
LCB

I wouldn't be surprised if we went for Zinchenko as he can operate as MF & LB. He doesn't rate Pepe so I'm sure we'll pick up a RW too. Raphina would be a smart buy.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Remember it's installments don't let these big fees fool you.

What Incredulous GIF by MOODMAN

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The thing that worries me the most is that the plan seems to be getting Jesus as a starter, and Nketiah as a backup.

Jesus won't be enough to solve our goalscoring issues. In fact, he's still not a great goalscorer, even though the potential is here.
It's worrying that Arteta has been looking for a tall, fast & lethal striker like Vlahovic & Nunez, and now he's settling for Jesus which is a total different player. It seems like we don't really have a plan here, we're just chasing available players.

We're not getting top 4 when you don't have a single 15 goals player upfront, and having such a low goals output from the rest of the team.
The gap in quality with the competition would still be huge.

I was hoping we were getting 2 strikers, but it doesn't seem like it's the case anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom