• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho

You going to let reed have all the fun?
Don't want people to think I'm anti Jesus because I am not plus I didn't feel like a drawn out argument today, somebody would find a way to dispute the numbers.

I definitely think a lot of fans are dumb/just like shiny new things though.

Reactions: Kav

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Its not people calling him a striker, its the club. He's been brought in with the express purpose of playing striker. What do you think is going to happen, Jesus will play winger and Nketiah will be striker?

Very much a possibility. Jesus eventually winding up a wide player is kind of inevitable as long as he can sprint.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Very much a possibility. Jesus eventually winding up a wide player is kind of inevitable as long as he can sprint.
He might occupy wide positions, with raphinia/martineli or Saka coming central during the match, but he's always going to start striker.

Malky

Established Member
Maybe that's because the striker was terrible and blowing out of his arse for most of the game? I mean Lacazette was so bad Nketiah had people crying with happiness when he came into the team. Nobody can seriously believe Raphinha, Saka and Ødegaard wouldn't create chances for any half decent striker who plays for us.
This.
People on here were genuinely praising Nketiah for running and pressing. That's how bad things were with Laca at CF - people thought Nketiah doing the basics was some incredible upgrade.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Maybe that's because the striker was terrible and blowing out of his arse for most of the game? I mean Lacazette was so bad Nketiah had people crying with happiness when he came into the team. Nobody can seriously believe Raphinha, Saka and Ødegaard wouldn't create chances for any half decent striker who plays for us.

I can seriously believe it when I saw two of those guys along with Martinelli and ESR struggle to create chances toward the end of the season in games vs Newcastle, Southampton, Palace, Sp**s and Brighton.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He might occupy wide positions, with raphinia/martineli or Saka coming central during the match, but he's always going to start striker.
I'd be very shocked or he'd have shown everybody something we haven't seen before if he makes that CF position his own long term.

I am confident we will try for a typical 9/big man late this summer or try for one in January or next summer. If you notice, that's why some are saying from early the Raphinha transfer doesn't make the most sense.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Where @Rex Banter G.Jesus here we go tiktok exclusive?

Rex is too busy watching Richarlison comps on YouTube.

richarlison.gif

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'd be very shocked or he'd have shown everybody something we haven't seen before if he makes that CF position his own long term.

I am confident a more typical 9/big man will show up late this summer or try for one in January or next summer.
I won't be against that. In fact I'd very much like for us to go for Scamacca over Raphinha, which is what seems to be happening. Its also possible that Arteta have got it wrong by using GJ as a striker, but as things stand we seem to be only in for GJ, with a massive striker shaped hole in the squad, so we have to assume that he's going to play striker.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette added some qualities which were just not worth it considering his deficiencies. The thing is though, Jesus can do all of those things to a higher standard and add more.

He's no Firmino but he is very comfortable on the ball, selfless, a good dribbler, a solid passer. He is also a fantastic presser, strong and mobile. So these are basically all the things you want from a modern striker but scoring goals... which he is not bad at and has a good goal to start ratio at City.

We are ignoring the fact that players often become just a cog in a large system when they dont get gametime or trust. If you give a talented and committed player the reigns you often see a different side to them. This is how I believe that we can maybe get 15+ PL goals a season from him while having all of the other benefits I mentioned.

If he manages this he will be an invaluable player to our team. And worst case scenario a very versatile player who can be deployed on the wings and as a backup striker.

There's really no point being negative about this signing.

I can seriously believe it when I saw two of those guys along with Martinelli and ESR struggle to create chances toward the end of the season in games vs Newcastle, Southampton, Palace, Sp**s and Brighton.

We are improving the technical level of the team and adding creative players to the squad. Maybe give the coach and the new look of the team to work during pre-season before starting bumming your self all over the place?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I won't be against that. In fact I'd very much like for us to go for Scamacca over Raphinha, which is what seems to be happening. Its also possible that Arteta have got it wrong by using GJ as a striker, but as things stand we seem to be only in for GJ, with a massive striker shaped hole in the squad, so we have to assume that he's going to play striker.
Oh we will absolutely start the season our primary #9 I agree.

Whether he owns it long term especially Arteta who has the autonomy to just replace him, I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom