• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

blrgooner

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, we need him to find the back of the net. Son was that only player to crack 20plus non penalty goals last season, so I'd say 15 non penalty goals would be a very good return from him.

But yeah, he will be an upgrade on what we've had outside of the box.
I do think he will need to score too. But he of course is not a consistent or natural finisher and might not score 30goals in a season. His overall game night help us score 15 more goals then we did last season though and that matters more imo
I don't get it.You can't be even point out any flaw in a player without being accused of being negative. Always knew that @blrgooner is a pvssy. Can't even tag. Just constant indirect.
Tag whom? I didn't even see all the posts to understand what all the individual opinions are. I just saw a few posts comparing him with laca/Giroud etc in a clearly negative context and i reacted to that. Those posts didn't seem like they trying to identify and discuss strengths/flaws at all.

I do get that jesus has his flaws(as any player would have) and i don't think it's wrong to point them out at all

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
But we're not replacing Laca. We're replacing Auba. Care to bring up those stats?
Why would we be replacing Auba if Laca was the starter for most of our last season and the player that seems to fit the system the manager wants to play?

And there is no player available to a club in our situation with Auba's goalscoring ability, period. So getting a Laca upgrade is the best we can shoot for in this market and what would bring up the level of the team up significantly anyways.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I don't mind really, everyone has there opinions. I think it's quite a lottery whoever we ended up signing up top but on paper I think we've done about as well as we could've done.
Tbh there is no one who is attainable with a decent goal to game ratio, we have done a good bit of business here.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We all know G.Jesus not 30 goals striker and that's why we adding 15 goals a season winger. Having multi goal scorers are better than having one. Saka G.Jesus Martinelli Raphinha and Eddie all easily 15+ goals a season. Then you have ESR and Ødegaard who easily can give 10 goals. It's more fun and more problems for opponents.
:lol::lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Will say the fact that so many clubs seem keen on him is encouraging I guess.
Look at strikers who available this window there no CL quality one apart from Nunez so to get G.Jesus is the best we can get if we missed out G.Jesus i struggle to find striker who could suit us.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Will say the fact that so many clubs seem keen on him is encouraging I guess.
Was just reading a bit of what City fans are saying. They're going to really miss his brilliant pressing and that he turns up in big games, fearless and brilliant link up play. He does actually score okay when he starts but does miss some sitters. It's a big ask at this point for him to suddenly be a 20+ goal striker but who knows if a change is all he needed. If we can add goals from Raphinha and Vieira or get Martinelli hitting the target more we should have a fluid scary attack where goals can come from anywhere.

The hardest thing to imagine is how we go from the dreary Arteta ball we've been watching to the fluid attacking football those signing should produce. Time will tell.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was just reading a bit of what City fans are saying. They're going to really miss his brilliant pressing and that he turns up in big games, fearless and brilliant link up play. He does actually score okay when he starts but does miss some sitters. It's a big ask at this point for him to suddenly be a 20+ goal striker but who knows if a change is all he needed. If we can add goals from Raphinha and Vieira or get Martinelli hitting the target more we should have a fluid scary attack where goals can come from anywhere.

The hardest thing to imagine is how we go from the dreary Arteta ball we've been watching to the fluid attacking football those signing should produce. Time will tell.

All strikers miss sitters. Loved Auba but let's not pretend he didn't have a few howlers now and then. The key is to consistently get in the positions to score, which I think GJ will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom