• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Good performance, a few issues but then none of our players really shone like they did last week. He is clearly very strong without being overly aggressive. At one point he pretty much body slammed Antonio when they were tussling on the side line. Two big guys going at it fairly, good to see. Two games played and he hadn't played for a while so I'm very happy with him.

Pyres7

Was he at fault for Antonio’s goal or do you just put it down as good attacking play?
I think he was. If he was in the right position he would have been able to cut that out.

There were a few other dodgy moments but it's encouraging that he doesn't dwell on his mistakes and lose confidence. He was out best defender again by a distance.

Pyres7

It was good counter attacking play. Kola might have cut out the cross but Holding should have got the other side of Antonio as it was his man. I mostly think Antonio did well.
Antonio was Gabriel's man, Holding saw the danger and went across to help, but left a man completely free on the right.

I was a good counter by them but we made it way too easy for them, bad defending all around.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Antonio was Gabriel's man, Holding saw the danger and went across to help, but left a man completely free on the right.

I was a good counter by them but we made it way too easy for them, bad defending all around.

Not sure about that tbh. Antonio is always behind Gabriel who sees him once, points and makes him Holding's man. He might have cut the ball out after Kola failed but may not have expected it abd possibly risked an OG. West Ham wanted it more in that moment.

Pyres7

Not sure about that tbh. Antonio is always behind Gabriel who sees him once, points and makes him Holding's man. He might have cut the ball out after Kola failed but may not have expected it abd possibly risked an OG. West Ham wanted it more in that moment.
Gabriel should've taken responsibility for Antonio there IMO, he was the only attacker in the box. Gabriel was kind of hovering in a position where he wasn't doing anything, if he was tighter to Antonio he would have been able to cut out most near post crosses like that, or at least force out a really good one.

It's harder for Holding to do that from his position, and by coming across he left that #18 completely free on our right.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't understand what's all the noise about the goal, it's the same in Holding's thread. It's not like we're gonna have 38 clean sheets this season, we are gonna concede goals like every other team and there's always someone to blame when you concede a goal.
As long as Gabriel and Holding don't have a mental breakdown like Luiz or Mustafi would have, they'll both be fine.

GoonerBoy19

He looked very good, mistakes will happen as this is his first season in PL. He has to get used to the pace and tactics, it could be a real shock for him coming from French league. West Ham were real quick in moving the ball towards our net. In fact I was disappointed with our front 3 and midfielder's who were holding on the ball for too long and were inviting the press, then did silly mis-passes under pressure.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Apparently completed more passes than any player in the PL so far.

I really hope he turns out to be the sort of level that he's competing VVD, Laporte and Skriniar (if Sp**s sign him) for the best CB in league.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Couldn’t give a flying sh*t about a CB’s passing stats really, that is a millennial thing which Opta and other statistical companies have blown way out of proportion.

He makes 5 yard passes back and forth with midfield and the other defenders so, yeah his passing stats better be amazing.

As long as he keeps winning those headers and making those blocks I’m happy with him. Great to finally get some genuine height and power into the starting 11.

DasBootist

Couldn’t give a flying sh*t about a CB’s passing stats really, that is a millennial thing which Opta and other statistical companies have blown way out of proportion.

He makes 5 yard passes back and forth with midfield and the other defenders so, yeah his passing stats better be amazing.

As long as he keeps winning those headers and making those blocks I’m happy with him. Great to finally get some genuine height and power into the starting 11.
Just u wait 4 Saliba to be integrated into the eleven. There will be two of them, then

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Nah i disagree. From the start of the play Antonio was behind Gabriel. Holding could see him so he should have gone earlier. Where the hell was Bellerin btw?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Very exciting start from this lad, naturally getting accustomed to the new surroundings and that but really promising start. Think him and Luiz will be our two regular starters this season, think its smart to ease in Saliba slow and steady

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Gabby and Holding are awful on that goal. Holding is the wrong side and making no effort to get the right side and Gabby is doing literally nothing; may as well be at home. Kola is also doing **** all to pressure the ball and Xhaka is just watching it all unfold in silence. Cluster ****.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You should mate! It's the foundation to dominating possession and having your defenders do less defending which is ironic but the blueprint of the modern game.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gabby and Holding are awful on that goal. Holding is the wrong side and making no effort to get the right side and Gabby is doing literally nothing; may as well be at home. Kola is also doing **** all to pressure the ball and Xhaka is just watching it all unfold in silence. Cluster ****.
The thing is, Fredricks ball was top tier, he curls it round Gabriel who imo is actually in a decent position. Put any of our fullbacks - except Tierney - , hell even put Fredericks in that position again and Gabriel is probably cutting that out. :lol:

I'm pretty sure in that position the defender who can see Antonio is meant to tuck in and get inbetween the ball and the attacker. Gabriel is meant to be an obstacle who cuts out the ball but as I mentioned, it was a very good ball.

What do you think m8?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The thing is, Fredricks ball was top tier, he curls it round Gabriel who imo is actually in a decent position. Put any of our fullbacks - except Tierney - , hell even put Fredericks in that position again and Gabriel is probably cutting that out. :lol:

I'm pretty sure in that position the defender who can see Antonio is meant to tuck in and get inbetween the ball and the attacker. Gabriel is meant to be an obstacle who cuts out the ball but as I mentioned, it was a very good ball.

What do you think m8?
I think Gabby has to show better anticipation and make more of an effort to get in position to cut out the inevitable cross. He had one job in that situation. That ball was going to the overlapper all day long. Kola has to make far more use of himself initially.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't understand what's all the noise about the goal, it's the same in Holding's thread. It's not like we're gonna have 38 clean sheets this season, we are gonna concede goals like every other team and there's always someone to blame when you concede a goal.
As long as Gabriel and Holding don't have a mental breakdown like Luiz or Mustafi would have, they'll both be fine.
That was a soft goal to concede though. If you’ve got designs of top 4 or higher, you can’t defend as a group like that. They had the situation under control in numbers but weren’t proactive enough. It’s all reactive movement and ball watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom