• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
@BigPoppaPump I agree as well.

You’ve gone too far. Was funny at first but you need to have a look at the posters you’re starting to affiliate with. :(

Kmt just cos I don't rate Pepe and Pogba drove you mad, relax you don't know them in real life.

Taylor Gang can't chat sh*t either needs to go back to smoking chipped up zoots and wearing worn out vans the dummy.

BigPoppaPump

The thing I always felt with Kos is that while he was very very good and capable of elite performances, he also had a mistake in him and was not the prototypical PL defender. He's the kind of guy that would have been regarded as one of the best in the world by many more people outside of our supporters had he been playing at a Madrid or Barca. This is the guy who pocketed absolute peak Messi and then routinely got manhandled by Shane Long for example.

Now, a more consistently competent partner to take the more physical assignments from him would no doubt have helped mitigate some of those struggles but while it's early days, I feel that Gabriel seems like he has most of those positive qualities Kos had in terms of dealing with the ball on the ground and recovery pace with the addition of being taller, better in the air and it not being even a remote contest in terms of raw strength and the ability to tussle with the kind of rugged 9s you often see teams lower in the table deploy.

When people bring up our games against Barca back then they say stuff like Koscielny pocketed Messi and Jack dominated Xavi and Iniesta. But anytime I remember those games it was just us getting dominated for 90 mins and barely having any chances. Maybe my memory is hazy. I don't remember Koscielny pocketing Messi but I do remember Messi dominating us in many games.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
When people bring up our games against Barca back then they say stuff like Koscielny pocketed Messi and Jack dominated Xavi and Iniesta. But anytime I remember those games it was just us getting dominated for 90 mins and barely having any chances. Maybe my memory is hazy. I don't remember Koscielny pocketing Messi but I do remember Messi dominating us in many games.
He absolutely did pocket him. Messi answered with 4 after getting some stick for a quiet showing in the following match if memory serves but the point is that he was able to mark him out of a game and then look hopeless against dreck like Shane Long. As far as Jack besting Xavi and Iniesta, you have to purposefully block it out of your mind to not remember it happening. Xavi himself came out singing Wilshere's praises as did Guardiola. I know it's crazy to think when you see where poor Jack has ended up but it absolutely did happen. We had an opportunity to knock Barca out without referee shenanigans at a time when they looked as unbeatable as any side in recent memory.

BigPoppaPump

He absolutely did pocket him. Messi answered with 4 after getting some stick for a quiet showing in the following match if memory serves but the point is that he was able to mark him out of a game and then look hopeless against dreck like Shane Long. As far as Jack besting Xavi and Iniesta, you have to purposefully block it out of your mind to not remember it happening. Xavi himself came out singing Wilshere's praises as did Guardiola. I know it's crazy to think when you see where poor Jack has ended up but it absolutely did happen. We had an opportunity to knock Barca out without referee shenanigans at a time when they looked as unbeatable as any side in recent memory.

I remember the Wilshere game yeah he was one of the best players on the pitch that day but I still remember Barca dominating us most of the game and us scoring on counters. But I don't remember Koscielny pocketing Messi, it wasn't the first leg of the 4 goal Messi game because he didn't play that one. I don't really remember Koscielny dominating anyone tbh, he was an easy CB to play against.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I feel sorry for him the only player he playing well every game but team and manager just keep letting him down very hoot header today not easy to win battle against Traore that easily

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
There will be a lot of negativity on the front page of A-M today but no way should this man’s thread be on page 3 2.

So happy we have this guy.
*bump*

Another week another bump needed for our best player and a top top signing. Shame he won’t get the recognition and respect by others/media as he should (likely won’t ever as he’ll be tied to this horror-show of a season) but how well he’s slotted in has been incredible and one of the few bright spots this season.

We also saw today he’s more than a CB as he’s better at leading the line and holing the ball than all our CFs and better at dribbling and driving up the pitch with the ball than all our midfielders. What a signing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again good performance today he really not showing any lack of confidence despite what we going into in last 4 games.

novar

He's just part of the we're actually not doing so bad delusion at this point. Decent player but blowed up to look world class when there really is nothing there to support that vision.

With the myth of our defensive improvement destroyed, it's hard to see what Gabriel is actually improving.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Should he have been tighter on Kane for their first goal or harsh?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Should he have been tighter on Kane for their first goal or harsh?
Maybe but mostly another good performance from him. Towards the end he picked the ball up and did what none of our midfielders can do, taking players on and advancing us up the pitch, even nutmegged someone on the right wing I think :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Maybe but mostly another good performance from him. Towards the end he picked the ball up and did what none of our midfielders can do, taking players on and advancing us up the pitch, even nutmegged someone on the right wing I think :lol:
Ah I see. I missed the second half, what was it like in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom