• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I dunno if I'd say he had a good performance tbh, maybe mixed?

Some good blocks and physically strong in certain challenges which is great.

But then had a few iffy moments in the box. Still adjusting though so complete understandable.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Like the way he's started. Very promising. Let's see how he comes through another big test next week.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Made plenty of tackles and blocks... but appeared weak in the air, missed a few headers and the ball. Not the full package but maybe he can become one. Think he will suit us a lot better if we can start controlling games and play a high line, letting his strengths show.

Kav

Established Member
He's been the best defender here since he arrived. Holding should move on as when Luiz, Mari, Mustafi, Saliba all regain fitness he won't get a game.

I can see Gabriel on the left of Luiz and Saliba or Mustafi to the right in a 3 with Tierney/Saka/Bellerin/ AMN as our wing backs. The future looks bright gentlemen.

Token Yank

I really like the look of him and think he has been very good both games (arguably MOTM today) but why does he randomly fall down when crosses come into the box?

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Most probably missed it - the commentators on my stream certainly did - and they cut away before the block in both real-time and highlight, but Gabriel with a game-winning block basically at 1-1.

He wasn't flawless, and I felt he was looking a bit shaky a few times in first half especially (and the header he missed that hit his arm - shouldn't that have been a pen?), but he had so many vital headers, blocks and clearances next to a shaky Holding and Kola. That block at 1-1 in 66th minute showed awareness and concentration that our defence has lacked ever since Mertesacker. He was behind Antonio as Leno flew into the back of Ceballos and he was still the only Arsenal player who moved for the ball and made that block. Leno's foot parade after that drop and nasty landing on his neck was crazy as well.

adddd54a7ec3846156cd8693ecd2b160.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/adddd54a7ec3846156cd8693ecd2b160.mp4 for better fps.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm pleased with his contribution even more so flanked by Holding and Kola, with flappy Leno behind him and unable to communicate with anyone but Willian. He had some shaky moments but dealt with them successfully and never looked rattled. There's a lot to be hopeful about with him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was he at fault for Antonio’s goal or do you just put it down as good attacking play?

Token Yank

Was he at fault for Antonio’s goal or do you just put it down as good attacking play?
Was thinking that at first but sometimes you have to tip your hat to the other team. Also, Holding could have gotten across faster. Maybe he should have gotten across faster to block the cross but would be harsh to blame him solely. Overall, he looks pretty damn good especially being thrown into the deep end in a new team and new league.

zhaggy

Thought he was great yesterday, only thing i'm a bit worried about is that he seems to miscalculate when jumping for a header, happened a few times. Hope that just down to lack of match fitness.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A few shaky moments, but it's clear that he has a lot of strengths. A great game followed by a decent game. Big challenge next week.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's not going to be plain sailing this season. He's still only 22 with a lot still to learn. Think overall he's been great the past two games.

Stuff to work on for sure but also he will have natural improvements to his current best as communication and familiarity with the team improves

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He could easily have been at fault for a goal against Fulham and he had several lucky escapes yesterday. That being said I`am quite convinced he will be a great player for us, he just has something about him. He seems to have that controlled aggression about him that I like. Not afraid to get physical and use his strength but in a controlled way. Solid in the air and more than capable on the ball. Very encouraging.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’ve only seen the replay once but I’m sure he wasn’t doing his best to get an extra meter or so nearer the goal and into a better position to intercept the inevitable cross. I said he was probably most at fault at the time. I think ‘Gabby was dogshit there’ was my call. As I say, only seen the replay once though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Massive test for him next week against Liverpool. One which Luiz an experienced defender failed massively last season, so obviously I expect Gabriel may have a tough time especially if we're as open as we were yesterday and our defence is getting very little protection in transitions.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You can see he likes to defend and isn’t afraid to put himself in positions where he has to make the tackle.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I’ve only seen the replay once but I’m sure he wasn’t doing his best to get an extra meter or so nearer the goal and into a better position to intercept the inevitable cross. I said he was probably most at fault at the time. I think ‘Gabby was dogshit there’ was my call. As I say, only seen the replay once though.
Agreed. It was obvious where the cross would come and he should have been a bit deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom