• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It is so over the top right now it is unreal. Any foul at any point of the game can be a yellow or red card.
Gabriel's yellow was stupid on his part. I was screaming at the TV for at least 10 seconds after watching him take an age with the free kick. Unforced which we need to stop.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Gabriel's yellow was stupid on his part. I was screaming at the TV for at least 10 seconds after watching him take an age with the free kick. Unforced which we need to stop.
Burnley did the exact same thing to us and never got carded for time-wasting. I agree what Gabriel done was silly but there’s no consistency from the refs and it shows.

RunTheTrap

complains only about the needless stuff he does which can result in a red. Don't need another Xhaka. Performance wise was very good no complaints in that aspect.
Xhaka has about 10 red cards and has given away many penalties. Gabriel has one red card and is yet to give away a penalty. I think it’s a bit too soon to be comparing him to Xhaka.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hes a really good player, but I feel he's got a ceiling due to how rash he can be. The real top guys are always in control, and I feel there are moments with him where he can just lose his grip on situations. He's young though for a CB so let's see how he develops.

RunTheTrap

Genuine question, what did Gabriel do to annoy people yesterday? I know he was silly when it came to time-wasting, but overall I thought he was fine defensively. He tussled with Jimenez and came out superior. I don’t really remember him being rash unless you count that incident when he clashed with Podence. And his passing was excellent. Could have walked away with an assist if Lacazette was any good.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Genuine question, what did Gabriel do to annoy people yesterday? I know he was silly when it came to time-wasting, but overall I thought he was fine defensively. He tussled with Jimenez and came out superior. I don’t really remember him being rash unless you count that incident when he clashed with Podence. And his passing was excellent. Could have walked away with an assist if Lacazette was any good.

It's more just a general observation, on the whole he's been excellent for us, and was really good yesterday.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

I agree with this.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Hes a really good player, but I feel he's got a ceiling due to how rash he can be. The real top guys are always in control, and I feel there are moments with him where he can just lose his grip on situations. He's young though for a CB so let's see how he develops.
Ramos had a world class career while being rash at times. I don't think he's overly rash. His pace and strength are great.

StefanB

Maybe in his younger years, but at his peak I feel he was really assured in his defending, especially in the big games. Again though, Gabriel is young for a CB and hopefully will improve.

Ramos was always a risk with getting a red card for doing some rash. Either at 20 or at 35. Class player no doubt, but he was and still is rash.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ramos was always a risk with getting a red card for doing some rash. Either at 20 or at 35. Class player no doubt, but he was and still is rash.
Look at CL against Salah couple of years ago. He also got his first red card in his 3rd game for PSG. Always has been and will be rash.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Football fans are amazing...

...we win and a player celebrates on twitter, naturally that leads to a fight!

"I'm at peace with what I said..." :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Is AM any better? :lol:

Non stop arguing on here no matter what.

Think it was even like that on AM, in 2004.

Someone pulled up an old thread from 20 years ago, and people were calling Henry a bottler 🤣

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ramos and Pepe are a pair of psychopaths and 2 of the best defenders of their generation. Gabriel has shown nowhere near the sort of temper those 2 have exhibited. He's certainly physical which is something we've missed since Sol Campbell left but I don't think he's overly rash or aggressive, even at this young age.

Latest posts

Top Bottom