• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Seems mental with him right now and I don't think adding the captaincy helps fix it.

I don’t think you can rule him out of captaincy because of occasional lapses in concentration. Look at someone like Sergio Ramos, he was somewhat error prone but was still an incredible captain.

Gabriel has presence on the pitch, he’s vocal and always on the frontline when it gets tasty. Not to mention he can and will improve as a CB. I don’t see many better candidates tbh.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don’t think you can rule him out of captaincy because of occasional lapses in concentration. Look at someone like Sergio Ramos, he was somewhat error prone but was still an incredible captain.

Gabriel has presence on the pitch, he’s vocal and always on the frontline when it gets tasty. Not to mention he can and will improve as a CB. I don’t see many better candidates tbh.
Spot on. Arsenal fans get bored of our players very easily if they aren't perfect. Gabriel is a solid player who, as you said will improve. Some people said we should sign Ogbonna to replace him or keep him on his toes.

Think Ødegaard is the obvious choice being captain of the national team and fluent in English.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I actually agree with @Taylor Gang Gunners on the captaincy shout. Like said by TGG, he’s vocal, has a presence and always in the mix when things get tasty. Cesc was the last one like that, I think.

I think Gabriel is a really good defender, potential to be a top one but he loses it a bit in games when he makes an error, seems to not gather his emotions back. He's not captain for me and even though I disagree with it, it will be Ødegaard.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think Gabriel is a really good defender, potential to be a top one but he loses it a bit in games when he makes an error, seems to not gather his emotions back. He's not captain for me and even though I disagree with it, it will be Ødegaard.
I hope not. I think Ode has nothing to him. You don’t even know he’s on the pitch most of the time. Maybe in a few years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When did he make a big error and then go on to make other countless errors in the same match? Or get like a red card and lose his ****?

I remember the error against Wolves. After that he played quite well.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Gabriel and Xhaka are the only guys in the squad who kind of have the look of a captain in the squad for me. I don't think Xhaka will be given it again after the last time which kind of leaves Gabriel who could grow into the role.

The rest are all way to nice for captain material. Lack leaders on the pitch is still a big issue for us. I think Arteta likes it that way tbf as he more or less dictates everything on the sideline anyway.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

When did he make a big error and then go on to make other countless errors in the same match? Or get like a red card and lose his ****?

I remember the error against Wolves. After that he played quite well.

City as well, I can’t remember off the top of my head, but more than a few games I noticed it took him a while to wake up after an error.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
City as well, I can’t remember off the top of my head, but more than a few games I noticed it took him a while to wake up after an error.
He had 1 error leading to a goal last season. Thats the stats that gets my attention.

He is far from and error prone defender. No different than most defenders. It's the nature of the position.

Gabriel is a top defender no ifs or buts. And will only get better.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

He had 1 error leading to a goal last season. Thats the stats that gets my attention.

He is far from and error prone defender. No different than most defenders. It's the nature of the position.

Gabriel is a top defender no ifs or buts. And will only get better.

I’m not talking about just errors leading to goals, I think watching him play it’s quite obvious he loses his head a little, especially under the pressure. That doesn’t mean he’s bad at all and as he continues play that’ll improve. Just not a captain.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I’m not talking about just errors leading to goals, I think watching him play it’s quite obvious he loses his head a little, especially under the pressure. That doesn’t mean he’s bad at all and as he continues play that’ll improve. Just not a captain.
It's all opinions. Yours isn't wrong and mine isn't right.

I'm simply saying that the evidence doesn't support the idea that he loses his head under pressure.

I think of games against Wolves down to 10 men. I think of other games when we were defending significant parts of the match and he was a tower. Aerially and 1 v 1s. No reds cards or huge errors. He had his stupid moment against City but I don't think that was losing his head. The ref was harsh with the first yellow.

Is he perfect? No. But if you want to find faults with every player you could do. Even Van Dijk switches off at times. But I would make Gabriel a central part of my plans. He has to fight it out with Saliba and White but I think he looks the type up for the challenge.

Fingers cross he continues to improve.

White-Saiba-Gabriel (none in their prime yet) is incredible.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Even if you think Gabriel is too inconsistent, we don't have a Adams or Vieira right now anyway...all our players are a little up and down.

The best choice is Xhaka, but that shouldn't be done, because of the past...all things considered (performances/importance/seniority etc) Gabriel might be the best choice.

For me, it should be Gabriel captain and Tierney vice... depending on what Gabby's English is like, but I think it's good enough.

Don't mind Ødegaard getting the armband every now and then, but don't think he should be our first choice.

Top Bottom