• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think Ødegaard will get the captaincy. He's the captain of his national team, a fixed starter, in his 3rd year with us, and speaks good English.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Gone under the radar a bit, due to the excitement of us getting Saliba back...but this guy is brilliant.

His pass in the build up to the Saka goal...

...has a bit of everything you want in a CB.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He really is quite good. His passing is definitely underrated though he doesn't quite have the calm that Ben White and Saliba have when defenders get close to him, that's the one thing he's a bit lacking in if I'm being critical, but overall he's a fine defender and a great buy for what we paid.

Really love going into this season with 3 CBs the quality of him, White, and Saliba. Praying Arteta doesn't **** around with Holding. CBs don't need to be rotated that much so it should be Gabriel and White until an injury hits and Saliba pairing and working on a partnership with one of Gabriel and White in EL group stages. If Holding plays anything more than Carling Cup or EL when one of those guys are injured I'll be annoyed. Saliba starting with Gabi in the first team yesterday was a good sign.

Riou

Just go bald and embrace it now mate, whatever you have tried has not worked.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Interesting analysis in this thread. Unsure about the other claims but the part I do agree on is Gabriel’s mistake and that he has made mistakes like that frequently.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Gabriel correctly covers the space Tavares leaves when he goes to support the attack, nothing to discuss there

The clip actually shows Saliba saving White, Orlando's attacker chose wisely when he targeted the weaker defender and he almost manages to get a shot as a reward.

It's cool that PR guy actually shows some personality trying to go after one of our players, a big part why those accounts are so insufferable is because they keep trying to bs how everything and everyone in the club is perfect even when reality disagrees hard, weekly.

Riou

How is Gabriel, possibly the lesser of our 2 CBs now?

It wasn't that long ago were Arsenal fans were going... "You know if you put Mustafi and Sokratis in a back 3, that might just work" ...and now Big Gabby is the WEAKER option in our pair, ffs!

What a time to be an Arsenal fan :lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
How is Gabriel, possibly the lesser of our 2 CBs now?

It wasn't that long ago were Arsenal fans were going... "You know if you put Mustafi and Sokratis in a back 3, that might just work" ...and now Big Gabby is the WEAKER option in our pair, ffs!

What a time to be an Arsenal fan :lol:
Arsenal fans are ridiculous though. You haven't even seen Saliba play in the league for us yet and some of the forum would happily sell Holding, Gabriel and/or White :lol:

Same people will be throwing Saliba under a bus after two bad games. Gabriel is an absolute don. Saliba looks like he will be incredible once he's adapted to the league. White seems like a 7/10 guy to me - very good all round player, ok at RB and probably even in the middle if we needed him to. Holding is our most experienced CB - also by a distance our weakest, but he is good in the air, also has proven to be one of the best when we are backs against the wall, defending a lead. He'll be useful as a bench option at the very least with 5 subs.

Riou

Arsenal fans are ridiculous though.

Now that you mention it, that young Walters guy we played at CB, looked very promising in preseason.

Should probably just sell Saliba and Gabriel now, to make room for him to start for us.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Arsenal fans are ridiculous though. You haven't even seen Saliba play in the league for us yet and some of the forum would happily sell Holding, Gabriel and/or White :lol:

Same people will be throwing Saliba under a bus after two bad games. Gabriel is an absolute don. Saliba looks like he will be incredible once he's adapted to the league. White seems like a 7/10 guy to me - very good all round player, ok at RB and probably even in the middle if we needed him to. Holding is our most experienced CB - also by a distance our weakest, but he is good in the air, also has proven to be one of the best when we are backs against the wall, defending a lead. He'll be useful as a bench option at the very least with 5 subs.
We could be dealing with a Van Dijk level talent though, occasionally 21 yos are that good. I’m not prepared to say he would have been an improvement over White and Gabriel yet, we’ll see exactly what he’s made of this season.

In any case I’d prefer to err on the side of caution when dealing with young cbs, so the loan move is the right way to approach this situation.

Riou

Overshadowed by William tonight, but a big player for us.

Think Saliba is a better defender (not that Gabby is bad or anything) but don't underestimate how important he is too is...how vocal he is, is crucial to our team.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
People sweep Gabriel’s mistakes under the rug though, he needs to sharpen up next season less of the Koscielny antics.
He's exactly like koscielny. Scores some goals for a defender but goes down too much sliding. Is rash and panics in high pressure moments. I'm concerned. Would like white saliba to start.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Escaped a handball and had a couple of poor moments, but overall I felt he showed why he's the core of our defense.

If we're going to settle as set piece merchants then he's one of the first names in the teamsheet anyway

Latest posts

Top Bottom