• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Would like white saliba to start.
Would Arteta do it though?

I'd say no he'd sooner play the two footed Tomiyasu there. Lisandro Martinez pursuit makes sense even though I know he's short. I'm sure Arteta notices it too.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Would Arteta do it though?

I'd say no he'd sooner play the two footed Tomiyasu there. Lisandro Martinez pursuit makes sense even though I know he's short. I'm sure Arteta notices it too.
Yeah that's there. But I feel it's obvious that Mikel has a soft spot for white 😅 I don't think he will drop him. I'm confident saliba is not going to give Mikel a chance to drop as well. So he might drop Gabriel. I don't know how tomiyasu will do at cb though if ends up with choosing him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah that's there. But I feel it's obvious that Mikel has a soft spot for white 😅 I don't think he will drop him. I'm confident saliba is not going to give Mikel a chance to drop as well. So he might drop Gabriel. I don't know how tomiyasu will do at cb though if ends up with choosing him.
That's where he plays for the national team and before he joined Arsenal (years ago). I'm confident he could do it whilst meeting the specifications Arteta wants. Obviously it won't be the same as a natural left footer but still.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel was good. It'll be bit of headache good one for Arteta to who he gonna drop when Tomi back fully fit. Gabriel and Saliba have settled well we conceded limited chances and concede zero goals when they started against Chelsea Sevilla and today. We'll see.

FluffyDoozi

Think he's our third best center back but will probably start because of Arteta's left footed CB fetish. He's been so shaky and rash for so long that's only a matter of time until he starts costing us points.

I think we forget how inexperienced he is despite being 24. Until three seasons ago, he had never played any top flight football apart from a few matches in the Brazilian and Croatian second division. He barely has more top flight experience than Saliba who most people agree is still quite inexperienced. He's bound to improve as gets more games under his belt.

It's so great to have him, White, and Saliba to choose from. Such a contrast from a couple seasons back when we thought Luiz and Sokratis were even passable options.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not that I thought he was overly troubled by Leicester today, but I thought he was a quiet shout for motm

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Solid as he is more often than not. I'm very pleased with him going about his business with quiet authority.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He’s been solid, as usual. His development since signing for us has been very steady. He’s still only 24 and will continue to improve.

Really like the look of his partnership with Saliba. I can’t remember the last time we had two physically imposing CB’s.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Saliba getting all the plaudits but if we played Saliba with White, like some are advocating, I think we would really miss Gabriel, especially his aerial ability which is superb.
Gabriel is one of best air not just in Prem but world football. White is more versatile so he can play a different role, I don’t think either of our CBs are in danger of the drop

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Tomi plays at CB for the national team, I wouldn't be worried about him at all.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's our second biggest leader after Granit, he always seems to be talking/shouting on the pitch.

That's the biggest thing we will miss him for if we dropped him, really don't think any CB combo would work that well without him, the rest Don look that vocal.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Tomi plays at CB for the national team, I wouldn't be worried about him at all.
Exatly, he plays LCB there. And Tomiyasu has been very solid in his 1st season in EPL, apart from being injury-prone, the guy is a machine. I would have no worries him playing cup games as CB first.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Now that the game is won, and he has done magnificently well in us achieving that... is it time for us to speak about his ability on the ball.

Today showed us why teams either leave him alone to run with the ball and do nothing with it. Or press him as we saw with Mitrovic.

I said during the off season that we need to bench Gabriel and play Saliba and White as our starting CB pair. Going forward, a left footed ball playing CB is needed. Its harsh I know, but if we want to ascend to an elite level team, he needs to ride the bench or go for big money.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Probably did that crap to wake up Tite after the first half snoozefest

Without him we lose our set piece merchants schtick, which is probably our most reliable way to attack so his place is safe.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Now that the game is won, and he has done magnificently well in us achieving that... is it time for us to speak about his ability on the ball.

Today showed us why teams either leave him alone to run with the ball and do nothing with it. Or press him as we saw with Mitrovic.

I said during the off season that we need to bench Gabriel and play Saliba and White as our starting CB pair. Going forward, a left footed ball playing CB is needed. Its harsh I know, but if we want to ascend to an elite level team, he needs to ride the bench or go for big money.
His physicality is massive for us though, a huge reason why we’re so good on set pieces - both offensively and defensively. As long as Zinchenko plays he’s good, next to Tierney they might have to change things though.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
He is very good on the ball and defensivly he is also very good. but he has those kind of strange decisions in his game.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
He has been making similar mistakes a lot and this time it hurt us badly. Thankfully got a chance to redeem himself but this is a concern.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could feel the joy on here when he made that error, but could also feel the tears when he showed immense character and bounced back and scored the winner...**** all you ****s 🤪

Ya big beautiful bald bastard!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom