• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He is good but not good enough, I have been raising red flags about this player since last season. I predicted we would be starting White and Saliba at some stage this season. If Tomi can stay fit, I'd bench Gabriel for him

On today's goal, yes it was his tackle... but that was an overall defensive **** up which needs attention from Arteta and team. I wont blame Gabriel for that.

If Juve come knocking with 50m plus, then let him go. Otherwise we need to upgrade on him in the summer and reduce him to a Rob Holding role in the side.
We need to have a left footed centre back better than him on the tap then. Not that easy to find.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need to have a left footed centre back better than him on the tap then. Not that easy to find.

I wouldnt say we absolutely need it, but I understand where you are coming from. That is likely what Arteta would be looking for yes.

And yes, not that easy to find with the current names I see, available for big money.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He very good defender but these mistakes and dumb decisions hurt your reputation he need to study the situation better because there players like Richarlison are smart winning fouls.
He is very good and I like him, but there is a level or two between him and Saliba, or between him and top defenders, and we'll see if he can get there. Saying that, if Xhaka could do it I guess it's possible

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I wouldnt say we absolutely need it, but I understand where you are coming from. That is likely what Arteta would be looking for yes.

And yes, not that easy to find with the current names I see, available for big money.
I think it is a big advantage. Perhaps it comes from being a leftie myself.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is very good and I like him, but there is a level or two between him and Saliba, or between him and top defenders, and we'll see if he can get there. Saying that, if Xhaka could do it I guess it's possible
Saliba is calm and use his brain Gabriel unfortunately get emotional get get nervous quick and he get aggressive.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think it is a big advantage. Perhaps it comes from being a leftie myself.

Its definitely the ideal yes, it opens up an added variety of options, comparing it a right footed player. Look how in demand Ake was in the summer.

Whether we can get in a Gvardiol for example, I dont know.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He seems to pipe up to his critics on Twitter whenever he makes a mistake. He needs to stop letting himself get triggered and concentrate on his game. These bozo moments are becoming regular and he needs to fix up.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Quite error prone but an excellent defender. Shackled Sp**s’ front line well enough. You forget how quick he is sometimes.

He’s gotta stop being so rash though, these errors are too common.
He’s young for a CB, Saliba is really spoiling us.

Correct me if I’m wrong but he tends to be rash when he feels like we are close to conceding, I’ll start to get more worried when he’s making Mustafi type mistakes.

For now what he gives is more than what he costs. If you wanna upgrade on him fine, won’t be cheap though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I think Saliba is skewing many people perception on Gabriel. Overall since he came he has been our best defender by a mile (minus that post covid period where he really struggled with the virus).

He is more than good enough for us. Most of his mistakes come from covering other player's errors and he is the one playing the high percentage game trying to be proactive to win balls while Saliba is further behind mostly.

Of course Saliba is absolutely world class no doubts about that. We already knew that 3 years ago. But alot of good things Gabriel does always goes unnoticed, especially his passes between the lines and his positioning sense in defensive transitions. People focus on the errors and then blame the player when the entire team shape was wrong.

I have little worries about Gabriel. Him and Saliba is still our best partnership

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

The new hair made him lose dynamism, he would have reached the ball before Richarlison if he was still bald

Curious to see how Tomiyasu and White would fare next to Saliba, but you don't touch what is still winning

Reactions: A_G

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think Saliba is skewing many people perception on Gabriel. Overall since he came he has been our best defender by a mile (minus that post covid period where he really struggled with the virus).

He is more than good enough for us. Most of his mistakes come from covering other player's errors and he is the one playing the high percentage game trying to be proactive to win balls while Saliba is further behind mostly.

Of course Saliba is absolutely world class no doubts about that. We already knew that 3 years ago. But alot of good things Gabriel does always goes unnoticed, especially his passes between the lines and his positioning sense in defensive transitions. People focus on the errors and then blame the player when the entire team shape was wrong.

I have little worries about Gabriel. Him and Saliba is still our best partnership
Spot on mate. Gabriel and Saliba are as good a centre back pair you'd find in the league. And should get better.

We just have to make sure we get CL football for next year and get all these top player with 2 or less years on their contract signed up.

GunnerShy

Saliba was beside him on the penalty, I'm not sure why he felt the need to go in with that tackle in the Pen box. He's a good player but remains a bit of a liability with decision making when he feels exposed. Sick of Kane racking up freebies in this fixture

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I do think he was sold a bit short today, we ****ed up from when Saka lost the ball.
Saliba's header to Xhaka wasn't the greatest, nor was Xhaka's touch which brought the ball to Richarlison's feet. Gabriel should not have gone to ground, but the whole situation was a bit of a mess from several players from like you say when Saka lost the boll.

REWB

Doesnt have enough sharp agility/reaction speed to be a top defender. He okay for now but we need to upgrade.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saliba's header to Xhaka wasn't the greatest, nor was Xhaka's touch which brought the ball to Richarlison's feet. Gabriel should not have gone to ground, but the whole situation was a bit of a mess from several players from like you say when Saka lost the boll.
Aye, it was bad chain of errors on our part. That is how it goes sometimes, overall we were the better side. No one can take that away from us.

Top Bottom