• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Something has clicked with this guy over the summer.

We saw flashes and the potential previously but he feels like a fully rounded CB now.

I don't know if it's just confidence or he's markedly improved his English language skills but he's so much more communicative now.

He and White seem to mesh well both stylistically and personality wise too.
Different sorts of CB's obviously but he's the Per to Whites Koscielny. Gabriel's the leader of the pair.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He has been very good, absolutely love it. Has adjusted to EPL very well now, solid guy.

Isn't as good on the ball as White, but he does have that fast low pass through the lines too if needed.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Love Gabriel, that being said he was woeful against Palace and still backs off at times when attacker is too close to goal, I think he is class and will learn to back himself more when he has to push up and make challenge but he is going to be a great if healthy.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There are no question marks hanging over Gabriel for me. Yes, you’ll probably get the odd mistake, but from what I’ve seen they will be few enough and far enough between to feel comfortable with him at CB. Great signing.

Farzad Stoned

There are no question marks hanging over Gabriel for me. Yes, you’ll probably get the odd mistake, but from what I’ve seen they will be few enough and far enough between to feel comfortable with him at CB. Great signing.
I agree like I said I back him and every defender makes mistakes plus he hasn’t had a lot of Premier league matches. But at times he has to make the challenge and can’t back off, he has done that a couple times, to be fair I think it’s just lack of experience. He bet he could take the safe play as no one was behind him to help, but in premier league once a guy is edge of box and you take a step off him he will slam the brakes and shoot all three of the goals we suffered last two games, and to be fair he wasn’t to blame for all three our defenders backed off edge of the box, suicidal. But I agree he has performed overall above expectations

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Got to be up there as a contender for the best CB in the league so far this season, been outstanding.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Got to be up there as a contender for the best CB in the league so far this season, been outstanding.
Did he sign a five year deal when he came? No rush yet but we shouldn't wait too long before offering him an extension.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Did he sign a five year deal when he came? No rush yet but we shouldn't wait too long before offering him an extension.
He has contract until 2025, I would think he doesn't have the 1-year extension option like many recent signings.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
But at times he has to make the challenge and can’t back off, he has done that a couple times, to be fair I think it’s just lack of experience.
I like that he makes some really big decisions in defence sometimes. They may look rash but I think most of them are calculated. He definitely back himself to do the job and he’s not afraid of responsibility. As long as he has a partner and teammates who knows his game, those big decisions will be right ones most of the time.

Multipass

Love Gabriel, that being said he was woeful against Palace and still backs off at times when attacker is too close to goal, I think he is class and will learn to back himself more when he has to push up and make challenge but he is going to be a great if healthy.

I think it was White that kept backing off Eduardo when he scored the second.

Farzad Stoned

I think it was White that kept backing off Eduardo when he scored the second.
Yes I seen both do it cost us all three of the goals we conceded in last three. You are right though it was White.

Farzad Stoned

I like that he makes some really big decisions in defence sometimes. They may look rash but I think most of them are calculated. He definitely back himself to do the job and he’s not afraid of responsibility. As long as he has a partner and teammates who knows his game, those big decisions will be right ones most of the time.
I agree he has confidence and look of leader like I said I think with experience in the league and continuity he will improve even further, remembering he is still learning opposition and tendencies of White his partner

6666Louis

Has just about everything in his locker

And has become a leader: Yelling at everybody, Standing up for teammates

With Ramsdale behind him, Tierny next to him, we have some decent winners on our side

Next to the more lacklustre Benjamin and Takehiro

And our allout cute school boy attack and midfield

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's turning into a real leader, you can see him when we're defending set peices organising the defenders around him. Really impressive for a 23 year old defender taking so much responsibility.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Big, strong, quick and black. thats how I like my CB. seriously though he is looking good. Hopefully him and stoke boy Ramsdale will toughing him essex boy benjamin white.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I remember people were complaining about losing Luiz because of his "leadership". Gabriel has shown leadership can come from anywhere. Sometimes from places you wouldn't expect. I don't know how much his English has improved but Luiz leaving has let him flourish.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom