• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's not faced any of the top sides yet, my main issue is people getting a bit giddy because of a great run talking about him being one of the best in the league.
Typical Arsenal fans putting Gabriel over the guy that came to Man City, only conceded 32 goals, immediately became immune to Pep’s rotation and became their captain in less than a year.

Same Man City who are extremely ruthless with CBs despite being the best defence in the league over the last few years.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Typical Arsenal fans putting Gabriel over the guy that came to Man City, only conceded 32 goals, immediately became immune to Pep’s rotation and became their captain in less than a year.

He even gets made captain now a lot of the time too, that says everything about his impact.

Token Yank

No but if he does struggle, it could knock his confidence and he might go back into his old habits of last season. When things are going well it's easy to keep it going, but let's see how reacts 1.) to the challenge of facing Liverpool at Anfield and 2.) how he plays after that game.

In fact even if he does struggle in that game, I'd be very impressed if he then got back up to this standard straight after.

He's not faced any of the top sides yet, my main issue is people getting a bit giddy because of a great run talking about him being one of the best in the league. I like to judge CB's especially over a long period.
He was excellent last year as well. I don't think people are overreacting. Seriously, at this point who is better in the league? VVD, Dias...you could probably argue a handful of other guys, etc. but he is up there.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He was excellent last year as well. I don't think people are overreacting. Seriously, at this point who is better in the league? VVD, Dias...you could probably argue a handful of other guys, etc. but he is up there.

He was very very erratic last season, let's not rewrite history here. In some of the EL games he was almost a ticking time bomb too.

GunnerShy

He was very very erratic last season, let's not rewrite history here. In some of the EL games he was almost a ticking time bomb too.
Post COVID though to be fair.

I didn't think he was "very very erratic" he had a post covid slump which he took a long time to put behind him.

There were a few games where his passing was all over the place. Haven't seen that this season though

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good goal and apart from the fall near the box, he was pretty solid. I think he had the mist clearances, so he did a good job on a day when we faced a stern offensive test.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Has to be top 3 CB in the league on current form.

He and White really gel well together too.

Let's see him produce this level of performance for the rest of the season before we declare him the heir to Sol or Adams though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Since Kosh-Mertesacker we never had stable center back pairing about time we have stability with Gabriel and White they still pretty new and young but 4 goals conceded and 5 clean sheet from 8 is impressive start.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Since Kosh-Mertesacker we never had stable center back pairing about time we have stability with Gabriel and White they still pretty new and young but 4 goals conceded and 5 clean sheet from 8 is impressive start.
To be honest I never rated that pairing myself. Kid was as slow as dirt, it was frightening when a pacey forward would get isolated on him. I liked Kos but he had the same problem as Ramsey and Wilshere where he was always hurt and he was prone to some bad matches as well

Farzad Stoned

Right now Gabriel and ESR are the two guys if god forbid were to get injured that irreplaceable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
To be honest I never rated that pairing myself. Kid was as slow as dirt, it was frightening when a pacey forward would get isolated on him. I liked Kos but he had the same problem as Ramsey and Wilshere where he was always hurt and he was prone to some bad matches as well
That paring bottle it when things get important about trying to progress in CL or pushing for title challenge but still it brought stability in defense since that we had jokers of pairing Mustafi Sokratis Holding Luiz Mari just no stability.

Farzad Stoned

That paring bottle it when things get important about trying to progress in CL or pushing for title challenge but still it brought stability in defense since that we had jokers of pairing Mustafi Sokratis Holding Luiz Mari just no stability.
Don’t get me wrong I rated both guys as good defenders but Kos was out all the time and this pairing has much more potential and athleticism and youth. But for now it is just promise they just got to keep doing it over time

Top Bottom