• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
GettyImages-1271997261.jpg

...Mari has been decent, but good to get the dream team back in defence soon, need them to keep building on their partnership.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No reason for this guy to go straight back into the side. Maybe for the cup but there's no reason Mari should be taken out when he's done much wrong in the last couple of games. We should be rewarding solid performances. Also Gabriel did make a costly mistake and tbh mistakes were creeping into his game a bit recently, but that's to be expected of young CBs so a spell on the bench may do him good.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No reason for this guy to go straight back into the side. Maybe for the cup but there's no reason Mari should be taken out when he's done much wrong in the last couple of games. We should be rewarding solid performances. Also Gabriel did make a costly mistake and tbh mistakes were creeping into his game a bit recently, but that's to be expected of young CBs so a spell on the bench may do him good.

Gabriel is by far our best CB, he goes straight back into the team no questions asked for me.

People seem to forget Mari's performance against Chelsea (it was shocking). Two decent performances against bottom 5 teams with no good forwards doesn't warrant him starting over Gabriel.

Pyres7

Mari has done well but he's made mistakes as well. Gave away that penalty against Chelsea and arguably at fault for their goal with his positioning.

Gabriel has been a rock all season and proved himself over a longer period, so he should go straight back in the team as far as I'm concerned.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The only thing Gabriel needs to work on is who far up he pushes sometimes. It got him sent off vs Soton and he did it too vs Sp**s.

Apart from that he's got the potential to be a rolls royce defender for us. Has had some imperious games.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
“I had a hair transplant in Turkey 9 months ago, the results should be showing up now”
Holding: The doctor who did the transplant is a good friend of Mesut, so he assisted me once again.

Gabriel: I'm sold. Can you talk to him for me ? I don't know Mesut very well since he isn't in the squad.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gabriel is by far our best CB, he goes straight back into the team no questions asked for me.

People seem to forget Mari's performance against Chelsea (it was shocking). Two decent performances against bottom 5 teams with no good forwards doesn't warrant him starting over Gabriel.
Nahhh can’t dump a defence that’s kept a clean sheet, same as dropping a striker who’s scoring goals. If Mari is trash and is just waiting to get exposed then you wait for that to happen. I would think that’s management 101, then again Arteta has been shockingly bad when it comes to favouritism.

I think the only exception would be if we are coming up against a particular pacey forward or it’s a cup final. Mari should stay otherwise.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Was a bit shaky today at the start with loose passing but he started the first match that way iirc. Improved as the game went on and very unlucky with the OG.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Had a poor first half but his first game in a while against a lively front 2 with a much improved 2nd half.

Breezy

Jurys still out for me. I know he’s young, but he’s showing all the traits I hate in central defenders. He’s rash, clumsy, gets turned easily, loses concentration and quite heavy off his feet.

Shouldn’t be an automatic starter as I don’t think he’s ready.

Breezy

Also it’s worth noting how Holding has looked like the love child of Baresi and Franz Beckenbauer recently next to Mari and Luiz. But today some of his play would have made Titus Bramble and Boumsong cringe, playing next to Gabriel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom