• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Gabriel is dicey. But Koscielny had a penchant for knocking the ball into his own net when he arrived. I'm sure in time Gabriel will become as good as Kos. But at the moment Mari is the better defender

Pyres7

it was a pen, he stepped on his foot. Of course the Fulham player is making much of it, but it's still a pen.

To clumsy in the own box, sadly.
Part of the Arsenal DNA i think.
Yeah, I didn't think it was a penalty at first but Gabriel did stamp on the guy's foot. You can see it clearly on one of the replay angles.

The offside decision looked right to me too:
EzQr6gVVoAIxxPB

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I didn't think it was a penalty at first but Gabriel did stamp on the guy's foot. You can see it clearly on one of the replay angles.

The offside decision looked right to me too:
EzQr6gVVoAIxxPB
So it was close like Saka one it's ridiculous in this picture I'm seeing Maja left hand ahead of gab knee. This BS need to be over.

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
Looks a dud to me. All physicality with no brain. I can't imagine you'll sign another centreback so unless you go with the experience in Luiz and Mari for the majority of next season, you could be in trouble unless Saliba can make a big step up and make his mark in the first team.

Pyres7

So it was close like Saka one it's ridiculous in this picture I'm seeing Maja left hand ahead of gab knee. This BS need to be over.
You can't be offside with your hands. It is quite close but it looks like the right call to me, his shoulder looks in line with Gabriel's knee and toe.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You can't be offside with your hands. It is quite close but it looks like the right call to me, his shoulder looks in line with Gabriel's knee and toe.
I know it's close that's imo shouldn't be discussed in var for me these decisions shouldn't be looking at you shouldn't be looking if his toe or part of his arm is offside

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mistakes creeping in to his game which didn't seem to exist before Xmas. Rob Holding residue.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
How often does he play cross-field passes to the forwards (like Luiz)? Does he ever?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How often does he play cross-field passes to the forwards (like Luiz)? Does he ever?
He's good at playing out from the back in a different way. He's quite a secure short passer and is a good ball carrier. He showed that at the start of the Newcastle game.

But yeh maybe they should look to start getting him to increase his range. Hopefully Saliba is capable.

jeremypkw

I liked the Chambers/Gabriel pairing. It's chaotic, but they're both comfortable on the ball and extremely athletic.

Even better with Partey in front of them.

DasBootist

He's good at playing out from the back in a different way. He's quite a secure short passer and is a good ball carrier. He showed that at the start of the Newcastle game.

But yeh maybe they should look to start getting him to increase his range. Hopefully Saliba is capable.
Saliba looks capable, indeed, going off my youtube scouting.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Can't say for sure it's the case, but haven't Gabriel been best when paired with Luiz and not Holding. Could be down to communication if it's so?

mpower2540

Just play the guy. He’s gonna make mistakes, but out of all our CB’s (Saliba not included) I think he’s got the highest ceiling. Giving all these steady eddies starting places and contracts is why we’ve fallen.

Bellerin, Holding, Chambers, Elneny, Ceballos, Willian, Mari. All extremely average yet most of them are starters. You accept mediocrity that’s where you’ll end up.

We didn’t break the bank for Gabriel, play the guy and maybe increase his value? Increase his confidence? The guy dominated Harry Kane, there’s some high level talent there. If it doesn’t work out then fair enough he’s only 22. We know what we’re getting from the rest, just trust the guy!

TornadoTed

Established Member
A lot of people are unhappy with the handling of Saliba but watching Gabriels struggles at times you can see why the club have sent him on loan. It is one thing to have a young, inexperienced central defender learning on the job, could you imagine the car crash if you partnered two of them.

For me Saliba needs to go on loan again, preferably in England and Gabriel needs another season next to a more experienced partner so he can grow into the mentor that Saliba will need if he steps up to first team regular. I still have high hopes for a Gabriel, Saliba partnership, I think it could be World class but it needs to be handled properly and not rushed.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
A lot of people are unhappy with the handling of Saliba but watching Gabriels struggles at times you can see why the club have sent him on loan.
No, you can't see it as long as the senior players are worse than both of them.
When you say "you can see why", it would suggest that kids are not to be trusted and we have better players instead of them, but all of our senior CB's have been rubbish for years.

Luiz and Mari should both be released, Holding should be our 4th choice and we bring Saliba back and probably look to sign someone.
If we can't sign a good player, let's start with Saliba and Gabriel, at least there is a chance that they can grow together and Holding/Chambers should be our backup

Every player that we brought in to fix our short term problems (Luiz, Mari, Sokratis, Cedric) created more problems for us so I honestly can't understand what exactly do you want.

I can't take Arteta seriously anymore, a joke of a manager. Any manager who sends Saliba on loan to play Luiz or Mari doesnt have long term interest with Arsenal, it's just scraping for results and making some serious long term damage to our club

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was good yesterday, Wilson and ASM are very tough players to play against but thought he handled them very well.

Kind of want to see him play with Mari for a bit, think they would compliment each other well...shame that won't happen though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A legit question is why can't Gabriel be played as LB when we are short of options, with Mari playing LCB.

Mikel couldn't crowbar Dani into the team, if he did this, that's probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom