• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Gabriel looking better. Could have finished the game with an assist if Auba had his shooting boots on. For all this hype of this Darwin fella, Gabriel really showed him what the survival of the fittest looks like (see what I did there).

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Getting better each game since he's came back. I really like Holding but I wonder if Arteta is keeping Luiz in with Gabriel from now on as Holding/Gabriel didn't look as comfortable next to each other.

Pyres7

He still gets a bit too tight to strikers when they drop deep but other than that I'm happy with him. Luiz is the opposite, he backs off way too much, but they kind of work well together because of that, similar to Mertesacker and Koscielny.

GoonerJay24

Getting better each game since he's came back. I really like Holding but I wonder if Arteta is keeping Luiz in with Gabriel from now on as Holding/Gabriel didn't look as comfortable next to each other.
I think Holding and Mari are our best centre back pairing

Pop Tart

Established Member
Since his return he has been all over the shop. Start of the season he was excellent, confident ,could defend,pass,composed.

He needs to be dropped for a bit.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He very shaky today specially when Nunez came on still not worried alot of players start well then things dropped bit

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
A young cb in his first season here. Excited by his potential. I think he's best next to Luiz.
I get that you don't like Holding and all but lets be honest here, Gabriel was playing his best football next to him. I do think they (gab + luiz) have potential to work really well together but they haven't shown that yet.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I rate Gabriel, he's clearly a talent and it's only one game but he was awful tonight.

Holding would be getting hammered if he put in a performance like that. He was all over the place.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I have a lot of faith in Gabriel but yeah, he had a poor game tonight.

I would be inclined to play him into form but would see why Mari plays instead, he was involved in that clean sheet streak we went on. I just know Gabriel has a really high ceiling so we may as well use the rest of the PL season tryna get him back in form for the EL and next season.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

He was poor tonight, but when you see who he's playing with it's understandable really.

He's partnered with an aging Luiz, who I rate...but he literally ranges from 10/10 to 0/10 in games, and in his twilight of his career, Big Dave is definitely putting up more 0s than 10s.

The midfield in front of him is Ceballos and Xhaka, pretty sure I could shield a backline better than them...no real positional sense, no ball recovery pace, no real good defensive attributes between the pair of them really...Dani is very hit and miss, while Granit described himself as a "false DM" ffs :lol:

Everything is on Gabriel...who let's not forget, is a young player in his first season with us...can't judge him too harshly until Partey is playing at full fitness.

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Still a very young defender, one game he looks great, the next a bit unconvincing but the talent is there to see. Will help once he has a run of games with a consistent partner next to him which I guess he's had with Luiz lately but don't think that is going to be a long term thing. Of course football is so full of rotation these days.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Questioning this guy is crazy. Don't even think he was that bad yesterday, both goals came from Ceballos mistakes.

He's a 23 year old Cb coming into a new league playing in a team with little confidence throughout the season, and has rarely put a foot wrong. I don't know what more people want from him to be honest. He's been one of the big positives from this season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I get that you don't like Holding and all but lets be honest here, Gabriel was playing his best football next to him. I do think they (gab + luiz) have potential to work really well together but they haven't shown that yet.

Gab post injury hasn't looked the same. That's with and without Balding.

Knob Holding is a calamity.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He was absolutely disastrous. Needs to be dropped for the Olympiacos tie, young CB have the potential to cost you in vital moments and it doesn't help he's in poor form. No questioning his talent bit the reality is he's not having a great time of it

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Kos was very up and down in his first year or two here...it wasn't until he felt comfortable in the team, figured out the league and got a partner that suited him (Per) when he really started to play consistently well...certain players need time.

We need to get the right players around Gabriel, to get the best out of his abilities.

kinni

He was absolutely disastrous. Needs to be dropped for the Olympiacos tie, young CB have the potential to cost you in vital moments and it doesn't help he's in poor form. No questioning his talent bit the reality is he's not having a great time of it
clownnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom