• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyres7

If he is only missing preseason this is great news. If he went to the Olympics he would have missed the start of the season anyway.

pikey2000

If this was someone else's player we would be howling for the transfer. Hope the big man comes back stronger and better this season.

Yep, looks decent, could be a good partnership with White, both comfortable on the ball and both still young, could get a decent 5 years out of them at least if things go right. CB looks promising.

TornadoTed

Established Member
He was a little inconsistent last season but he was new to the league and is still quite young. I have high hopes for him this year, he has all the tools, pace, height, strength and decent passing range.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Looking forward to seeing his partnership with White. I think it's a good balance.
Technically should lead to a higher line with recovery pace and decent passing ability. I can see the point since it would take care of multiple of our problems.

The only problem left at the back would be Leno's distribution (and depth).

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Looking forward to seeing his partnership with White. I think it's a good balance.

You look at the other top 6 and bar Sp**s they have great CB partnerships on paper. That said, I think White/Gabriel has promise. We might not see the best of it immediately but once they've played together a bit... If Gabriel can cut the errors out he has all the tools to be a top class CB. He can do everything. White is different, but he's got an interesting style and seems like a really intelligent player. My main concern with White is how good he'll be in the air, and whether he adds a goal threat at set pieces which helps over the season especially in tight matches. If he's terrible at dealing with crosses we're in trouble but his time at Leeds suggests this is something he can improve at (or maybe Holding comes in for certain matches).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Still has a hell of a lot of maturing to do as a CB, even toward the end of last season I saw a lot of rash decision making that makes me worry a tad. Maybe the composure shown from someone like White alongside him might help.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
If this was someone else's player we would be howling for the transfer. Hope the big man comes back stronger and better this season.

Was randomly clicking on the timeline to fastforward only to land on 5:25 where i see Gabriel saving Holding's career FFS.
Don't want to see Mari or Holding in our starting XI anymore.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Still has a hell of a lot of maturing to do as a CB, even toward the end of last season I saw a lot of rash decision making that makes me worry a tad. Maybe the composure shown from someone like White alongside him might help.
I think he was struggling a bit with the aftereffects of covid and maybe was a bit more impetuous than when he arrived as he had less confidence in his movement. There was a pretty clear delineation in his performances pre and post covid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
it's not major importance but learning a language even basic might massively help he look different player when he played with Luiz.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Gabriel and White are one of the few things I am excited about. They look like they have skill sets that compliment each other really well and probably the first reasonably quick pair of defenders we have had in recent memory. They are both babies in central defender terms but I am hopeful they can be at least decent now and then grow into a top class pair in the next 3-4 years when they hit their mid 20's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom