• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He sees himself as a left winger, which is a shame for now, given thats where we have the most competition for places, seeing Auba, Saka and Nelson all play there, although he should be ahead of Nelson.

Really wish Unai tried him there at the EPL before Laca comes back.

Yeah Martinelli sees himself as a LW. But the thing is, you don't easily substitute Auba. He can play 90 minutes. Of course now with Laca injury it might be good to give him rest to avoid injury, so there is a chance for it.

Saka will start next game, that is for sure as Martinelli played 90 minutes now. Pepe won't be taken out of starting eleven yet easily because that will probably do damage to his already not good confidence.

But I think Martinelli played himself ahead of Nelson now. I think he will come from the bench in next game unless Emery wants to play it very safe and ease him into more physical strain in high level games. He can come in for Saka or Pepe.

Symbia

That nutmeg on that standard liege player deserves a special credit!!
And the guy became aggressive later on :lol:, to be fair to the young man he was humiliated enough. Nelson was flogging him all day and Nelli added slat to the injury.

Can't wait for multiple megs on Aurrier at some point.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What was the reason United didn't get him? Any info on this?

Did he want to come to Arsenal to learn from his big brother Aubameyang?

I liked it when they zoomed on Auba smiling after his goal.

"That's my bro - doing everything exactly like I have taught you, and more!"

The fact that Auba sat down with him in the first day... This man should really be captaining the team.

I really want to get an Auba shirt, but making him captain and getting a shirt with his number will def make him leave. I'm cursed.

Let's play Aubamawang

The fact that Auba sat down with him in the first day... This man should really be captaining the team.

I really want to get an Auba shirt, but making him captain and getting a shirt with his number will def make him leave. I'm cursed.
You're telling me. I've got Reyes, Sanchez and Özil on mine. Like Meat Loaf says, two out of three ain't bad.

This kid has so much talent, so like @GDeep™ said, let's just come along for the ride and hope it's amazing!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is he more of a CF or inside forward? Can he develop more of Firminho style false 9?

Anyways he has immense potential al though not sure by looking down alot may hamper his development.

He has the pace to run in behind, the skill to beat a man and drift wide, the ball control the hold the ball up and the finishing of a poacher, not to mention he actually has power in his shot and can score from outside the box.

I'd say when he grows into man body he will be a combination of Suarez and Son which is quite frightening.

Arseshavin

Yeah Martinelli sees himself as a LW. But the thing is, you don't easily substitute Auba. He can play 90 minutes. Of course now with Laca injury it might be good to give him rest to avoid injury, so there is a chance for it.

Saka will start next game, that is for sure as Martinelli played 90 minutes now. Pepe won't be taken out of starting eleven yet easily because that will probably do damage to his already not good confidence.

But I think Martinelli played himself ahead of Nelson now. I think he will come from the bench in next game unless Emery wants to play it very safe and ease him into more physical strain in high level games. He can come in for Saka or Pepe.
I think Martinelli sees himself as a wing-forward. Like Salah and Mane and his hero Ronaldo.

I do think it's wrong to use the word winger. Is Salah a winger? Is Mane? Is Ronaldo? No. They play on the wing, but they are definitely not wingers.

Last edited:

drippin

Yeah, I think him being here, and United having Lukaku and similar players made the decision pretty easy. No matter if he was a fan on United. Is there any confirmation on this? The picture with Pogba might be just when he was in trial there and anyone could want that I think.

Really his movement was very similar to Auba in my view and both have astonishing pace.

Auba is a great example in many ways, but I think captain needs certain toughness and "fire", so in that way he is not perfect captain eventhough very good one.

(No need to go into saying Xhaka is perfect captain :lol:, because he lacks some other things Auba has. Long contract is one thing Auba doesn't have too, so I would wait until he signs a new one before buying a shirt.)

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I love the way he’s making it difficult for Emery to ignore him. That’s what you want in a young hungry player. Saka took the opportunity he was given and has grabbed a place in the starting line up. Martinelli is certainly making a good case for some premiership minutes, good on him.

Have high hopes of him becoming a Arsenal legend when he tells Barcelona and Madrid to go and **** them selves when they come calling.

London pizzas > Spanish pizzas

drippin

I love the way he’s making it difficult for Emery to ignore him. That’s what you want in a young hungry player. Saka took the opportunity he was given and has grabbed a place in the starting line up. Martinelli is certainly making a good case for some premiership minutes, good on him.

No reason he would ignore him. Nelson seemed better now, which is great. But Saka, Martinelli and similar great performers are a way for Emery to keep his job.

This was the risk the club and Emery took. Sold Iwobi, loaned Mkhitaryan. Probably saw in training and pre-season what they have in their hands.

3 players for LW position, hoping even one will come good this season. Now it seems two of them are progressing even better than thought. Nelson getting up to some speed too maybe.

This way we can rotate Auba & Laca to keep them fresh, with Auba starting most important ones because of his counter-attack threat. And use a bit different tactics in different games and situations.

Looking good in that regard and in hindsight. This was the risk I understood very well and agreed to, even before this early flourishing of Saka & Martinelli. Said it here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Have high hopes of him becoming a Arsenal legend when he tells Barcelona and Madrid to go and **** them selves when they come calling.

London pizzas > Spanish pizzas

Brazillian Pizzas usually come packed with toppings, regardless of the flavor, so he'd be hard pressed to find something like that in London, let alone Spain.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't think that was Wenger's fault.
I wasn't saying it was, was just an example of how it can take years to teach some players the movements that Martinelli is already demonstrating.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

His acceleration and top speed is also deceptively fast.
Think he might be faster than Pepe, who I think is slightly faster than Hecccy which places him as our second fastest player?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This was the risk the club and Emery took. Sold Iwobi, loaned Mkhitaryan. Probably saw in training and pre-season what they have in their hands.
There was no risk at all by selling them. I was telling this for a while, replace all the underperforming seniors with youth players and save massive money with no difference in results.
Guys like ESR, Martinelli, Joe and Saka can walk into this squad today and replace all these mercenaries we have and I honestly think that results would even improve no matter the age difference.

drippin

There was no risk at all by selling them. I was telling this for a while, replace all the underperforming seniors with youth players and save massive money with no difference in results.
Guys like ESR, Martinelli, Joe and Saka can walk into this squad today and replace all these mercenaries we have and I honestly think that results would even improve no matter the age difference.

Yeah I sort of agree, but youth performing well straight away at senior level is always some kind of risk. Especially at a club like Arsenal, trying to get to top 4 after two years out of it.

Rex Banner surely thought it was even stupid, if I recall correctly. I had an argument with him about it, saying why it was good risk. We could buy a winger in winter if it didn't succeed.

Forgot a bit about ESR btw.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yep. was a very good risk, one I was and still am happy with. We failed with Iwobi and Mhki in the team, not sure either would have made as much of a difference this season even as backups (I say that as a fan of Iwobi generally but he has not been a difference maker much in his career so far unfortunately). It was high time Nelson, Saka and co got the game time. Martinelli looks very good. ESR will be fine if he stays fit. The experience they get will be vital and as far as I'm concerned, we lose very little. I have faith Pepe will work out soon enough aswell.

My major concern really is more to do with the coach rather than personnel or the staff above him. Emery has done well in the cups but in the league we look stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom