• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I think we are putting too much hope in this kid. He's been great but he is very young and has only played four games. Can't ask for more from those games though. He should be getting gametime while he is performing imo. But it's hard to force him in, but i wonder if Euroleague/Donald duck cup is enough for him with substitutions ?

It's hard to not try to build up Pepe's confidence though especially since he came for so much money. Do we rotate him and Saka ? Even though Saka has been playing very good?

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Hi, I'm from Brazil and I have been following Martinelli since the beginning of the season.

It's too early to say, but I think Martinelli worth the 6-7 million euros Arsenal paid for him.

He was one of the best players of the Paulista championship this year, the best rated player of the first phase of the championship according to the reputable BR newspaper, Lance:

and also he did well in more objective variables such as the sum of goals + big chances created and dribbles completed per 90 minutes (minimum of 8 games played), pay attention that he was better and had more impact than the Real Madrid player Rodrygo (6 month older than Martinelli). All playing for a minor side. I need to check, but I believe only Neymar as a young player (17-18 years old) had so much impact in Campeonato Paulista as Gabriel, but he played on a better team too.

Plus Martinelli also played quite well in the Copa São Paulo de Juniores, which I believe is the biggest U20 competition in Brazil, scoring six goals in four matches, two of them against Corinthians.

From his characteristics, I believe he plays better on the left as a inside forward or even as an CF (like vs Forest and Liege). Anyway, I believe he deserves a chance and patience (because like every Brazilian who arrives in Europe, he is not a finished product), may be he flops in the future who knows, but his performance this year, in Brazil, was not normal for his age. For 6-7 million I really believe he was a valid bet.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I have been following Martinelli since the beginning of the season.

It's too early to say, but I think Martinelli worth the 6-7 million euros Arsenal paid for him.

He was one of the best players of the Paulista championship this year, the best rated player of the first phase of the championship according to the reputable BR newspaper, Lance:

and also he did well in more objective variables such as the sum of goals + big chances created and dribbles completed per 90 minutes (minimum of 8 games played), pay attention that he was better and had more impact than the Real Madrid player Rodrygo (6 month older than Martinelli). All playing for a minor side. I need to check, but I believe only Neymar as a young player (17-18 years old) had so much impact in Campeonato Paulista as Gabriel, but he played on a better team too.

Plus Martinelli also played quite well in the Copa São Paulo de Juniores, which I believe is the biggest U20 competition in Brazil, scoring six goals in four matches, two of them against Corinthians.

From his characteristics, I believe he plays better on the left as a inside forward or even as an CF (like vs Forest and Liege). Anyway, I believe he deserves a chance and patience (because like every Brazilian who arrives in Europe, he is not a finished product), may be he flops in the future who knows, but his performance this year, in Brazil, was not normal for his age. For 6-7 million I really believe he was a valid bet.

One question I have is how was he so under the radar? He’s really impressed me with the level he’s shown from day one which considering his age and level he was playing at last year is crazy.

Most talented Brazilian youngsters who move to Europe like Vinicius, Gabriel Jesus or even Bernard and Gabigol have built up a lot of hype before they make the move.

It’s hard to find much on this kid before we were actually linked with him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One question I have is how was he so under the radar? He’s really impressed me with the level he’s shown from day one which considering his age and level he was playing at last year is crazy.

Most talented Brazilian youngsters who move to Europe like Vinicius, Gabriel Jesus or even Bernard and Gabigol have built up a lot of hype before they make the move.

It’s hard to find much on this kid before we were actually linked with him.
He spent time with Utd and Barcelona between 2015-2018, both clubs rejected him after numerous trials.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This guy never disappoints, he has so much potential. I'd like to see him get some sub roles in the PL but he looks best in the middle so its rotation to rest Auba or find a way to play them both up top. In the meantime let him play all the cup games.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Really like this kid, infact when he failed to score the chance near the end I was shocked, in my head he's been that clinical that I just expected him to score.

Suffice to say, he's exceeding expectations and I hope he keeps it up.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

What a player he is going to be, I forget just how young he actually is when he’s on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom