• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

About the highlight of the season. With how we're going at the moment I'd like to see him played more in the premier league. Love watching him get the ball at his feet put his head down and drive at the opposition. I think he could be anything.

We will lose him eventually but for a big big fee.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If his performances continue then selling Laca (to fill other positions) or losing Auba from not qualifying for the CL wont be as painful.

Right now we have an elite goalscorer who cant play football, a good striker, and two very talented young strikers. Somewhere has got to give.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Love this lad to bits. Having seen his Q&A with Luiz he seems the type of player who will strive to reach the top. He said Cristiano Ronaldo is his idol and he seems to have a similar mentality.

We have a real gem on our hands. Imagine him in a semi-functioning attacking team. Dynamite.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
He needs to be less agressive, the yellow card was unnecessary.

About the rest, Saka was credited for Martinelli's assist today. In the match vs Southampton too, the GK deflected his cross, but could be still other assist to Martinelli too because he who caused the action. Overall, he should have already 7 goals and 3 assists, in these 'famous 'stats sites' he just has 7 and 1 though. Just a curiosity.

Of course it doesn't matter because today he played strangely bad.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He needs to be less agressive, the yellow card was unnecessary.

About the rest, Saka was credited for Martinelli's assist today. In the match vs Southampton too, the GK deflected his cross, but could be still other assist to Martinelli too because he who caused the action. Overall, he should have already 7 goals and 3 assists, in these 'famous 'stats sites' he just has 7 and 1 though. Just a curiosity.

Of course it doesn't matter because today he played strangely bad.

There’s nothing strange about it. All best performances have been as a striker. On the wing he’s restricted to being a pace merchant.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's a couple of years away, but I can see him being more than a top level Premier League cf.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
There’s nothing strange about it. All best performances have been as a striker. On the wing he’s restricted to being a pace merchant.

On the right maybe, but he still got a good assist and some good passes, on the left I saw a very interesting level of play, he's better there and more impressive, and of course playing inverted he would have more chance to score goals, I see it all for him, add goals by playing on the left as long as he has the standards of being a volume shooter himself and of course he used to be a good ball carrier before.

Past match if he had played on the left in Saka's place he probably could have come out with some goal, and not that Saka looks bad, to me he looks very good, but he is not the type of player who will add more direct offensive volume to the team.

I don't think Martinelli is a typical CF, at least he is closer to be a regular in serious match on the left than in the center that is a clearly Lacazette/Aubameyang territory, and that won't change no matter what happens, either by status, credit or quality.

Like I said I would like to see:

Pepe (on the right) - Aubameyang (in the center, Auba best position is as CF, not as LW/LF) and Martinelli (on the left)
with Özil behind.

Pepe would drop deep to progress the ball with his dribbling ability, Özil offering key passes, Martinelli and Auba to score goals. Martinelli also could progress the ball and defend on the left.

This year Arsenal will probably not make the TOP4, so I have no problem giving Guendounzi, Martinelli minutes, eventually Saka, Nelson and Willock too. Let's see what will come out of it from there, then to attack the market next summer.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wouldn’t mind seeing a Pepe-Auba-Gabby frontline tomorrow...kind of harsh on Laca, but think that would be a pretty well balanced front three.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Auba leaves end of the year, people think it's still a bit early for Martinelli to take over or is he ready? Peoples opinion please. For me, probably a year early yet, he may not be though.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If Auba leaves end of the year, people think it's still a bit early for Martinelli to take over or is he ready? Peoples opinion please. For me, probably a year early yet, he may not be though.
He looks ready. Doesn't seem to be impressed by pressure and is a strong, tricky and fast player with a nose for the goal.

Not sure how he'll develop though as I feel he can play all over the forward line.

With him, Eddie, Pepe and Saka we have a very bright future. Hopefully Nelson settles in as well.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He looks ready. Doesn't seem to be impressed by pressure and is a strong, tricky and fast player with a nose for the goal.

Not sure how he'll develop though as I feel he can play all over the forward line.

With him, Eddie, Pepe and Saka we have a very bright future. Hopefully Nelson settles in as well.
We've still got to see if he is best used right up front as a CF or on the wing though, he can play either position (very versatile) which will be good. If we manage to keep Auba or Lacazette for another year I'd really like to see how he develops for another year. Saka will be the same for me actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom